• Find Legal Articles
Expert Witnesses

The article you are looking for is no longer available. Below are articles published during the same period. You can find other articles for your topics by typing your keywords in the search module on the left.

Articles published at the same period as the one you are looking for:

greenSupreme Court Ruling in Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB: Even Without SoX, Better Auditing is Here to Stay

     By Epstein + Nach LLC
On June 28th, the United States Supreme Court ruled in the matter of Free Enterprise Fund v. PCAOB, finding that Congress went beyond its powers in establishing the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (“SoX”).

blueResponsibility in Personal Injury Cases

An exploration of the typical "damages" that an individual can be compensated for.

blueGrounds for Divorce in Thailand Explained

The Thai Civil and Commercial Code list numerous grounds for divorce in Thailand. Most people who are planning to divorce in Thailand take the liberty of reading and construing these grounds literally without seeking the assistance of a lawyer in Thailand. While some grounds are indeed self-explanatory, some need to be explained by a lawyer so that the grounds are appreciated correctly by its readers.

blueSpouses' Thailand Property Ownership

Introduction: Since 1999, the Thai government has allowed its citizens who are married to foreigners to own land in Thailand. This was a stark contrast to a former law which did not allow even its own nationals to own land within the State owing to their marriage to a foreigner. Back then, the government considered a mixed couple as entirely foreign and thus, not qualified to own land in Thailand.

blueUS K3 Visa in Thailand

Introduction: The K3 visa allows a United States citizen (petitioner) to bring their Thai spouse (beneficiary) back to the United States. The K3 visa applies to couples who have been married outside of the United States. While the process is more complicated than the K1, it is a convenient alternative for couples who have been legally married outside of the United States.

greenPanama, Tax Reform, Act 8 of 2010 Part I

     By Molina & Co.
With the enactment of Law No.8 of 2010, new rates will take effect on income tax for both legal entities and for individuals. Note that the application of these rates is retroactive, so their entry into force is from January 1, 2010. In addition, it includes tariff changes regarding ITBMS (similar to the VAT), ISC and Stamps, which take effect from July 1, 2010.

blueLegal Separation in Ohio

When a marriage is no longer working, many spouses believe that the only option is divorce. This, however, is not true. Ohio couples who need time and space apart from one another or who are ready to move forward in their lives separately have other legal options available to them besides divorce.

blueOhio Property Division and Child Custody

Determining questions of property division and child custody is often the most contentious part of most divorces. The efforts of attorneys and, ultimately, the decision of the judge will have a lasting effect on both ex-spouses and the children for many years. For that reason, it is critical that any person going through a divorce in Ohio become familiar with how the court reaches its determination and what can be done to best achieve a favorable outcome.

blueOhio Civil Protection Orders

Civil protection orders in Ohio can be issued by different courts to address varying threats, but all feature a common purpose: ordering one person not to harm another.

greenThe Value of Working With An Attorney to File an Uncontested Divorce

     By Davis Divorce Law
Divorce can be a lengthy and expensive process, but it doesn't have to be. Many people minimize the cost and time of divorce by filing a simple, no-fault, uncontested divorce. When spouses resolve the issues between themselves and file for a no-fault divorce, they can avoid significant expense and wasted time without the need for a mediator or judge to resolve disputes.

Contact a Lawyer

Find a Local Lawyer