Oil and Gas, Foreign Investments, Corporate, Banking and Tax Practice
ACT Law Firm3rd floor, 77 Gorogly Str.,
Altyn Asyr Business Center
+993 12 921800
+993 12 921801
Send an email
Law Firm Overview FREE CONSULTATIONAshgabat Consulting Team (ACT) is a law firm in Turkmenistan.
ACT (Ashgabat Consulting Team) is one of leading legal firms in Turkmenistan that provides legal and advisory services and specializes in Turkmenistan legislation. Our law firm holds an updated database of Turkmenistan legislation that contains laws, presidential decrees and other legal acts of Turkmenistan. Located in Ashgabat ACT engages qualified attorneys who are of local origin and yet with western education.
ACT specializes in oil and gas law, construction and foreign investments in Turkmenistan.
Leading national and transnational corporations, financial institutions and organizations are ACT’s clients.
ACT is one of the founders of CIS Leading Counsel Network – professional network expanding possibilities of rendering consulting services in markets of rapidly developing CIS region and allowing participating companies to provide effective work for clients beyond their national jurisdictions.
АСТ's lawyers are listed by an American rating magazine “Best Lawyers” as the leading lawyers in Turkmenistan.
Languages: English, German, Turkmen, French, Russian.
Areas of Law
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Agency & Distributorship
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Banking & Finance
- Banking Law
- Business & Industry
- Business Formation
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Capital Markets
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Competition Law
- Construction Law
- Consumer Law
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Litigation
- Corporate Taxation
- Credit & Mortgage
- Criminal Law
- Customs Law
- Debt Relief
- Debtor & Creditor
- Employee Benefits
- Employees Rights
- Environmental & Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Equine Law
- Financial Services Law
- General Practice
- Government Contracts
- Health Care
- Health Care & Social
- Human Resources Law
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Intellectual Property
- International Investments
- International Law
- International Trade
- Investment Law
- Islamic Law
- Joint Ventures
- Land Use & Zoning
- Landlord & Tenant Law
- Licensing Law
- Marketing Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Natural Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Personal Injury
- Pharmaceutical Law
- Private Equity
- Privatization Law
- Project Finance
- Property Law
- Real Estate
- Shareholders Rights
- Ship Registration
- Tax Planning
- Unfair Competition
- White Collar Crime
- Workers Compensation
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Termination
Additional Areas of Law: Due Diligence; Debt Collection.
Areas of Law Description
Our practice areas include:
- Oil & Gas
ACT lawyers possess a substantial experience in practicing Turkmenistan petroleum law such as drafting Turkmenistan petroleum legislation, negotiations on Production Sharing Agreements (PSA) and its drafting and finalizing, negotiations on issues of changing PSA parties and PSA share transfer, providing due diligence for IPO purposes as well as other ongoing issues relevant to petroleum law.
- Tax Law
ACT offers maximum advantageous ways of investment projects realization due to its expertise in Turkmen taxation system, international principles of taxation and principles of taxation in jurisdictions most actively used by investments.
- Real Estate
АСТ has an extensive experience in the field of real estate, including experience of legal support for appropriate transactions: purchase and sale, granting, leasing and renting of buildings, places, office premises, various facilities and land lots; and also experience of work with real estate mortgage and encumbrance.
АСТ has a considerable experience in the field of construction law and renders legal support of construction projects at all stages, including conduction of advertised biddings, conclusion of contracts and further legal support.
- Licensing, Certification and Standardization
Lawyers of АСТ regularly conduct work for observance of local requirements in respect of security, standardization and hygiene for a number of companies engaged in production and realization of its products in Turkmenistan.
- Labor Law
Lawyers of АСТ remain among the best consultants on issues of labor right, rendering wide range of services in this field including conduction of audit, consulting on issues connected with attestation of working places and personnel, elaboration of internal labor regulations and systems of labor payment, etc.
- Banking & Finance
We offer integrated services and provide transactional and regulatory advice to the clients including domestic and international banks and borrowers, other financial institutions and corporations in regards to transactions in Turkmenistan focusing on providing business sensitive solutions to complex problems. Our lawyers draft complex legal documents in English, Russian and Turkmen.
- Dispute Resolution
We understand that the clients need prompt, effective, and responsive local and international legal advice. Our lawyers are experienced in commercial arbitration and litigation, as well as mediation, which proves indispensible when disputes arise.
We provide support to our clients from initial strategic planning through the due diligence process all the way to post-closing integration. Our experienced approach and commercial mind-set ensure the best of possible results.
- Arbitration, Legal Services in Arbitration Court
One more direction of ACT’s activity is the representation of organizations’ interests in arbitration court and legal defense of entrepreneurs.
- Registration and Liquidation
АСТ renders complete set of services on registration, re-registration, reorganization of companies, increasing and decreasing of authorized capital, registration of change of shareholders, change of company’s name, change of legal address, change of general director, companies’ shareholders, etc. and also assists in business liquidation.
Our lawyers specialize in the particular aspects of labour law most in demand: pension legislation, outstaffing and migration legislation. We advise clients on labour law issues that might arise in their daily business, perform due diligence of the company’s employment paperwork in order to identify and minimize potential risks, make recommendations for optimal application of the labour legislation rules considering the client’s specific sphere of business, and provide support for major comprehensive projects.
- Energy & Natural Resources
Some of the legal services we offer in the energy and natural resources sector include:
• Advise on drafting and negotiation of PSA and other oil and gas investment agreements
• Analysis and recommendations on the selection of corporate and other legal forms for preparing and implementing projects involving the exploration and use of natural and energy resources, the development of core documents (foundation agreements, charters, shareholder and other agreements) and the state registration of relevant entities
• Advice on the elaboration of the legal framework for the financing of investments in the energy and natural resources sector
• Legal support to clients that receive sub-soil user licences and other permits and registration of the relevant rights on behalf of our clients
• Legal assistance for the joint exploration, development and operation of natural and energy resources and on a comprehensive range of issues associated with production-sharing agreements
• Legal support for the daily operations of entities operating in the energy and natural resources sector (corporate, operational, environmental, commercial, tax, employment and other aspects)
• Legal advice on the construction, modernization and maintenance of energy and natural resources facilities, as well as on energy saving and energy efficiency issues
• Administrative, judicial and arbitration protection of rights and dispute resolution, involved in energy and natural resources projects and facilities
• Drafting of legislation and other standard-setting work in the energy and natural resources sector
- Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
ACT specialists provide comprehensive legal support for both standalone projects and routine operations of pharmaceutical companies, manufacturers of medical devices and equipment, healthcare products and cosmetics, pharmacy chains and retailers in the following aspects:
• Business Organization
• Intellectual Property and Advertising
• Employment and Immigration
• Administrative Law Support for Business
- Shipping and Maritime
ACT lawyers combine thorough knowledge of the shipping industry and international and domestic marine and commercial laws with expertise in energy, capital markets, restructuring and insolvency, infrastructure and commodities to provide clients with creative solutions to current and emerging issues in shipping, as well as the full scope of traditional maritime matters.
- White Collar Crime
The White Collar Practice offers clients first-rate skills in dealing with government investigations and enforcement matters. Our lawyers have substantial experience defending clients through all phases of investigations as well as criminal and civil enforcement proceedings. Clients include large corporations, banks, and other institutions.
- CIS Leading Counsel Network
More Information on ACT Law FirmAshgabat, Turkmenistan Corporate Lawyers
Banking Law Firm in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan Dispute Resolution Lawyer
Employment Law Firm in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan Energy Lawyers
Real Estate Law Firm in Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan Shipping Law Firm
ACT Law Firm News and Publications