New York Internet and Intellectual Property Lawyers
Handal & Morofsky, LLC420 Lexington Avenue, #300
New York, New York 10170
Contact Handal & Morofsky, LLC
Published Articles Firm's Videos
Law Firm Overview FREE CONSULTATIONHandal & Morofsky, LLC is a New York business law firm focusing on intellectual property and internet law services. The attorneys at Handal & Morofsky represent clients ranging from major multinationals, venture capital start-ups and privately held corporations to governments, universities and private individuals. For over three decades, the Handal & Morofsky team has litigated major intellectual property matters involving patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and unfair competition. This experience is brought to bear in all the work performed by the firm.
Year this Office was Established: 1976
Languages: Russian; English
Areas of Law
Areas of Law Description
Handal & Morofsky, LLC offers legal representation in the following areas of practice:
- Business and Internet
Handal & Morofsky supports start-ups and established companies at every stage of the business process. Our new media and intellectual property expertise is particularly geared toward modern industries including internet, technology, entertainment and other creative ventures.
• Start-ups: Clients looking to start a new business typically benefit from our package of Start-Up Services. Such services include initial corporate counseling, business entity formation, operating agreements, web development agreements, and preliminary intellectual property counseling.
• Internet: Our internet clients include social networking sites, e-commerce businesses, application developers, entertainment and new media publishers. Such clients benefit from our E-Commerce Services and specific expertise in the areas of privacy law, intellectual property law, and interstate compliance.
• Established Companies: Ongoing ventures require support in their day-to-day business transactions which is provided in our Contract Services package. Most modern businesses benefit from intellectual property services and counseling and internet-focused clients find themselves in need of specific Domain Name Services. Additionally, when litigation cannot be avoided, our senior counsel boast over three decades of premier commercial and IP litigation experience.
- Intellectual Property Law
Our intellectual property services include acquisition, enforcement and maintenance of trademarks, patents and copyrights. Additionally, we help clients protect their valuable trade secrets and negotiate the licensing of their intellectual property. Our senior IP litigation staff has successfully litigated many landmark cases in traditional IP as well as in the emerging realm of internet and virtual media.
The firm’s business litigation practice covers four areas that are most needed by our internet, technology and creative venture clients:
• Commercial Litigation covers contract disputes, disputes between businesses partners and shareholders, economic torts and other corporate matters. Franchise disputes require both commercial and intellectual property expertise.
• Intellectual Property Litigation is a type of commercial litigation that focuses on competition law, namely unfair competition between businesses such as trademark, copyright and patent infringement, or the theft of valuable trade secrets.
• Domain Name Disputes are a subset of commercial litigation which can take place via two different forums: Arbitration via ICANN’s Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) or traditional litigation in Federal District Court via the US Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act.
• Internet Defamation actions help protect clients’ reputations, goodwill and identities.
Gwen R. Acker Wood, Ph.D.
Biotechnology, Chemical Law, Patents
Mr. Tim Bukher
Appellate Practice, Business and Industry, Business Formation, Business Law, Business Litigation
Mr. David Dushane
Business Law, Business Litigation, Commercial Law, Copyright, Intellectual Property
Mr. Anthony H. Handal
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Appellate Practice, Arbitration, Biotechnology, Business Litigation
Ms. Sheela G. Kar
Intellectual Property, Patents
More Information on Handal & Morofsky, LLCNew York Internet Lawyers
Intellectual Property Attorney New York
Start-up Attorneys in New York City
New York Business Lawyers
E-Commerce Law Firm in New York
New York Patent Attorneys
New York City IP Litigation Law Firm
Handal & Morofsky, LLC Blog
Handal & Morofsky, LLC - Social Networks and Place PagesPlease take a moment to visit, like and follow Handal & Morofsky, LLC
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn