Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

Portland, Oregon Estate Planning and Elder Attorneys

Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

River Park Plaza
6500 Southwest Macadam Avenue, Suite 300

Portland, Oregon 97239-3569

Phone(503) 245-0894
Fax (503) 245-1562

Contact Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg  Contact the Law Firm

Free ConsultationCredit Cards

Law Firm Overview

The Law Offices of Nay and Friedenberg have been helping Oregon families plan for the protection and distribution of their assets and livelihoods for over 30 years.
The firm's family-centered approach and commitment to quality customer service have brought it lasting relationships among its clientele, one admirably served with Nay and Friedenberg's decades of experience in both estate planning and elder law and in the understanding of the needs and expectations of younger and elder generations alike, understandings that have continued to bring new clients to the firm's doors.

Attorneys Tim Nay and Sam Friedenberg have amassed an exceptional team of estate planning attorneys, each with specific proficiencies that combine to form a truly comprehensive and thorough expertise in the planning and administration of one's assets and wealth. The firm's Portland office takes pride in putting one goal above all others - to serve clients, their children, and their grandchildren in generations to come, a mission ably fulfilled with the personal service and extra effort given by each member of the team. Nay and Friedenberg's ability to handle complex matters like probate, Medicaid planning, and trusts with ease have solidified its reputation throughout the state, and its habit of keeping the estate planning process smooth and with minimal interruption to one's daily activities has brought it the recommendation and thanks of thousands of grateful clients.

Planning for the administration and division of one's life's work may well be the most important decision any of us ever make, and is not one to be taken lightly or with half-measures. The Law Offices of Nay and Friedenberg have given the whole of their experience and resources to providing Oregon residents with the peace of mind and security that can only come from the creation of comprehensive estate plans, a task that has kept each attorney in high demand for over 3 decades.

Year this Office was Established: 1984

Languages: English

Areas of Law

Estate Planning (continue)

Additional Areas of Law: Special Needs; Settlement Planning; Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning; Guardianships; Conservatorships; Special Needs Planning; Living Trusts; Wrongful Death Probate; Trust Administration.

Areas of Law Description

The Law Offices of Nay and Friedenberg provide legal services on the following areas of practice:

- Elder Law

Elder Law attorneys plan to ensure that an individualís assets are sufficient to provide for the individual and their healthy family members over the remainder of their lives. This goal includes planning that will allow the individual to qualify for various public and private benefits.

- Estate Planning

Estate Planning means more than simply preparing a last Will and Testament. In its broad sense, the term estate planning entails more than providing for the disposition of your assets upon your death with a minimum amount of taxation. Comprehensive estate planning, of course, provides for that.

- Medicaid

A joint state and federal program that is part of the Social Security Act is called Medicaid. This is a program that provides for the vast majority of our nationís a medical and a long term care needs. Our attorneys are also very skilled in working with Medicaid to help plan for long-term care needs.

- Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning

There are two things in life that are certain, it is death and taxes. And the individuals and families we meet certainly fit that bill because theyíre faced with more taxes than they ever expected. As estate and inheritance tax planning attorneys in Portland, we work with our clients so they can eliminate or significantly reduce or postpone unnecessary taxes.

- Probate

Probate is a court process. The court supervised transfer of property from a deceased person or decedent to his or her heirs and beneficiaries. If the decedent had a will, the will specifies who receives the decedentís estate. If the decedent did not have a will, state law defines who inherits the estate. It is important that you work with an experienced attorney.

- Living Trusts

A Living Trust is an agreement between you, the trustor, and an individual or entity, the Trustee. This agreement is made while you are physically and mentally capable and it determines how assets placed in the Trust will be managed and distributed.


Darin Dooley Mr. Darin Dooley
Elder Law, Estate and Trust, Estate Planning, Inheritance Law, Personal Property

Sam Friedenberg Mr. Sam Friedenberg
Elder Law, Estate and Trust, Estate Planning, Inheritance Law, Personal Property

Tim Nay Mr. Tim Nay
Elder Law, Estate and Trust, Estate Planning, Inheritance Law, Personal Property

Garvin Reiter Mr. Garvin Reiter
Elder Law, Estate and Trust, Estate Planning, Inheritance Law, Personal Property


  • Oregon State Bar
  • Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
  • Oregon Gerontological Association
  • National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys

More Information on Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

Elder Lawyers
Probate Law Firm
Medicaid Attorneys
Estate Planning Law Firm
Special Needs Planning Attorneys
Estate & Inheritance Tax Planning Lawyers
Guardianships & Conservatorships Law Firm
Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg Blog
Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg News and Publications

Articles Published by Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

 When is a Guardianship Needed?

Many times, people come to our office seeking guidance about how to handle a family member whose erratic or eccentric behavior is causing concern.

Read Article

 What is the Difference Between a Will and a Trust?

Both a will and a trust distribute your money and possessions after your death. A trust is a will substitute.

Read Article

 Do I Have to Spend All My Assets to Qualify for Medicaid?

So, letís say this hypothetical couple with $100,000 can see down the road that the need for long term care is coming. Maybe one of them has Parkinsonís disease or Alzheimerís. If they give away $50,000 to their kids, how does Medicaid look at that?

Read Article

Videos Provided by Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

Basic Estate Planning in Oregon - Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

Disability Planning in Oregon - Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

How to avoid Probate in Oregon - Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg

Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg
Law Offices of Nay & Friedenberg Office Location

Firm's Social Networks

Find a Local Lawyer