Central America’s Largest and Most Internationally Oriented Law Firm
Morgan & Morgan
P.O. Box 0832-00232 World Trade Center
Law Firm Overview
Morgan & Morgan is Central America’s largest and most internationally oriented law firm. The firm’s extensive general practice covers all areas of the law, with experienced legal teams dedicated to specialized fields such as banking and securities law, business and corporate law, environmental law, estate planning, government contracts, immigration law, insurance and reinsurance law, intellectual property law, labor and employment law, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, project finance, ship finance and registration, shipping and admiralty, litigation, and tax law.
Our group of lawyers represents the largest number in a Panamanian law firm and has the unrivalled capability of offering its customers all the range of legal, fiduciary and banking services under the same roof.
The firm’s extensive network of correspondents, which includes some of the world's leading law firms, in addition to its support staff of over 800 professionals, makes it possible for us to address the needs of our clients on a global basis and in a timely and effective manner.
During the last years, M&M dedicated more than 1,500 hours to this practice. The most important case is an ordinary proceeding representing more than 344 affected persons, against banana companies, manufacturers and distributors of agrochemical products, with the objective of accomplishing that they be indemnified for the damages caused by these substances.
Furthermore, among the multiple Corporate Social Responsibility activities, M&M sponsors all the general and operational expenses of the Community Legal Assistance Foundation (FUNDALCOM), a non-profit organization that has the objective to advise and represent, for free, low-income persons in family and domestic violence proceedings. FUNDALCOM is a unique project in its nature among Panamanian law firms and private companies where more than 1,000 cases have been served in the last two years.
Awards and Recognitions:
- 2010 Recognized Panamanian Law Firm for its counsel in the Petro Terminal Panama Refinancing Project, Winner of the “Deal of the Year” by Project Finance Magazine
- 2010 Recognized Panamanian Law Firm for its counsel in the Panama Canal Financing Project, Winner of the “Deal Of the Year 2009” by Latin Lawyer
- 2010 Top Ranked Financial & Corporate Law Firm by IFLR 1000
- 2009 Top Ranked Law Firm in Panama in Banking & Finance, Litigation and Shipping by Chambers Global
- 2009 Top Ranked Law Firm in Panama and Central America by Latin Lawyer
- 2009 Panama Law Firm of the Year by Marcasur IP Magazine
- 2009 Recommended among the Panamanian leading law firms in Financial and Corporate Operations by IFLR 1000