Georgia Bar Associations
Georgia Bar Associations - Statewide
- Georgia State Bar, Atlanta
The State Bar of Georgia exists to foster among the members of the Bar of this state the principles of duty and service to the public; to improve the administration of justice; and to advance the science of law. All persons authorized to practice law in this state are required to be members.CLE
- Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association (GAPABA), Atlanta
Represent and advocate the interests of Asian Pacific American lawyers and the legal profession; Encourage and promote the professional growth of Asian Pacific American lawyers and other members of the legal profession; Broaden professional opportunities for Asian Pacific American lawyers, other members of the legal profession, and law students; Support the entrance and advancement of Asian Pacific Americans within the legal profession; Provide an opportunity for fellowship among legal professionals; Coordinate legal services to Asian Pacific American communities in the state of Georgia; Provide a vehicle and forum for the unified expression of opinions and positions by legal professionals upon matters or events of concern to the legal community.
- Georgia Hispanic Bar Association, Atlanta
The GHBA was founded by a group of lawyers in the Atlanta area interested in advancing the standing of Hispanic attorneys in the Georgia legal community. Additionally, the GHBA seeks to promote diversity in public and private legal organizations and departments, facilitate the continuing legal education of its members, foster the exchange of ideas and information between Hispanic lawyers, educate the Hispanic community on its legal rights and duties, and promote the recruitment and retention of Georgia Hispanic students in law schools.
- Stonewall Bar Association (SBA), Atlanta
The Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia ("SBA") was founded in 1995 to serve many functions in the gay and the legal communities. Primarily, the organization was founded to develop a coalition of legal workers to utilize their professional expertise to support the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people and oppose discrimination based on sexual or gender orientation. SBA’s membership includes not only lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons, but our straight allies as well.
Georgia Bar Associations - Local
- Alapaha Circuit Bar Association, Lakeland
- Appalachian Circuit Bar Association, Jasper
- Atlanta Bar Association, Atlanta
The mission of the Atlanta Bar Association is to serve as a leader in advancing excellence, ethical conduct, professionalism and public responsibility in the legal profession; to improve the efficiency, fairness and accessibility of our system of justice for all citizens; to increase the public's understanding and appreciation of our profession and our legal system; to use our collective resources to improve the well-being of our community and its citizens, especially our youth; and to identify and support the needs of a diverse membership and foster an environment in which members experience a sense of fulfillment and satisfaction in the practice of law.CLE
- Atlantic Judicial Bar Association, Darien
- Augusta Bar Association, Augusta
In 2008, the Augusta Bar Association plans to continue its long history of promoting and serving the public, our community and the judicial system.
- Bainbridge-Decatur County Bar Association, Bainbridge
- Baldwin County Bar Association, Milledgeville
- Blue Ridge Bar Association, Canton
- Bulloch County Bar Association, Statesboro
- C. B. King Bar Association, Albany
- Camden County Bar Association, St. Marys
- Carroll Bar Association, Carrollton
- Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association, Calhoun
- Chattahoochee Bar Association, Columbus
- Clayton County Bar Association (CCBA), Jonesboro
- Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA), Marietta
The Cobb County Bar Association (CCBA) is Georgia’s second largest local bar with over nine hundred (900) members. It is an association with a rich history of service to the bench, the bar, and the public. Based in the thriving northwest Atlanta suburb of Marietta, the Cobb Bar continues to nurture a small town communal spirit while building an elite professional community.CLE
- Cochran Bar Association, Cochran
- Columbus Bar Association, Inc., Columbus
- Conasauga Bar Association, Chatsworth
- Cordele Circuit Bar Association, Cordele
- DeKalb Bar Association (DBA), Decatur
Our commitment is to: • Uphold the honor of the legal profession • Promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct by the bench and bar • Apply our knowledge and experience of the law to the promotion of the public good.
- Dougherty Circuit Bar Association, Albany
The purposes of the Dougherty Circuit Bar Association are to exert a greater influence among members of the legal profession and upon the life of the community; to promote needed reform in law; to facilitate the administration of justice; to elevate the standards of integrity, honor and courtesy in the legal profession; to cultivate a spirit of brotherhood and good fellowship among the members; and to enter into a closer relationship with the State Bar of Georgia and through it with the American Bar Association.
- Douglas Bar Association, Douglas
- Douglas County Bar Association, Douglasville
- Dublin Bar Association, Dublin
- Elberton Bar Association, Elberton
- Enotah Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Hiawassee
- Fayette County Bar Association, Peachtree City
- Forsyth County Bar Association, Cumming
- Fountain City Bar Association, Columbus
- Gainesville-N.E. Bar Association, Gainesville
- Gate City Bar Association, Atlanta
To uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of Georgia; To further the purposes and goals of the National Bar Association; To uphold and maintain the Canons of Ethics of the Legal Profession; To provide continuing legal education programs to the legal community; To participate in the selection of federal, state, and local judges; To encourage all members of the Atlanta legal community and particularly the African American Atlanta legal community to participate in the activities of the Association; To coordinate the efforts of the members of the Association in promoting the welfare of the community
- Gordon County Bar Association, Calhoun
- Gwinnett County Bar Association (GCBA), Lawrenceville
The Gwinnett County Bar Association is organized to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and of Georgia and maintain representative government; to advance the science of jurisprudence; to promote the administration of justice; to uphold the honor of the profession of law; to apply its knowledge and experience in the field of the law to the promotion of the public good; to encourage cordial intercourse among the member of the corporation; to correlate and promote such activities of the bar organizations in Gwinnett County as are within these objects in the interest of the legal profession and of the public; and to engage in any lawful activities related thereto.
- Henry County Bar Association, McDonough
The primary goals of the Henry Bar Association are to promote the legal profession in Henry County and to provide fellowship for its members. These goals are accomplished in a variety of ways: through service to the community in ways consistent with the highest ethical calling of our profession; through activities that encourage interaction between the members in non-adversarial situations, such as monthly meetings; through the advancement of knowledge; and insight into the law and its legal processes through seminars and speakers.
- Houston County Bar Association, Warner Robins
- IndusBar of Georgia, Atlanta
IndusBar of Georgia is a voluntary bar association based in Atlanta, serving South Asian attorneys and attorneys whose practice areas concern the South Asian community.
- Jesup Bar Association, Jesup
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association, Fort Oglethorpe
- Macon Bar Association, Macon
The purpose of the Macon Bar Association is to assist the attorneys practicing in Macon, Georgia, enabling them better to protect the interests of their clients. The Macon Bar Association provides resources in the form of informative meetings, reference material, and camaradarie for those lawyers in Macon who want to do the best job for their clients.
- Middle Judicial Bar Association, Swainsboro
- Mitchell County Bar Association, Camilla
- Moultrie Bar Association, Moultrie
- Mountain Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Toccoa
- Newnan-Coweta Bar Association, Newnan
- Newton County Bar Association, Covington
- North Fulton Bar Association, Roswell
The North Fulton Bar Association is an organization of attorneys who work or live north of the Chattahoochee River or have an interest in the North Fulton area. The association seeks to enhance the image of the legal profession by becoming active in our community.
- Northern Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Danielsville
- Northwest Georgia Bar Association, Marietta
- Ocmulgee Circuit Bar Association, Greensboro
- Oconee Circuit Bar Association, Eastman
- Pataula Circuit Bar Association, Donalsonville
- Paulding County Bar Association, Dallas
- Piedmont Circuit Bar Association, Jefferson
- Port City Bar Association, Savannah
- Rockdale County Bar Association, Conyers
- Rome Bar Association, Rome
- Sandy Springs Bar Association, Atlanta
The Sandy Springs Bar Association is an organization of local attorneys with knowledge and experience in a wide variety of legal areas. We are committed to fostering fellowship, camaraderie and learning among our membership while promoting the ideals of the legal profession and serving the greater Sandy Springs area through our community involvement.
- Savannah Bar Association, Savannah
- South Fulton Bar Association, Fayetteville
- South Georgia Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Bainbridge
- Southwestern Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Americus
- Spalding County Bar Association, Griffin
- Stephens County Bar Association, Toccoa
- Tallapoosa Paulding Bar Association, Cedartown
- Thomas County Bar Association, Thomasville
- Thomaston Bar Association, Thomaston
- Tifton Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Tifton
- Toombs Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Thomson
- Towaliga Circuit Bar Association, Jackson
- Troup County Bar Association, LaGrange
- Valdosta Bar Association, Valdosta
- Walton County Bar Association, Monroe
- Waycross Bar Association, Waycross
- Western Circuit Bar Association, Athens