Joint Ventures Law - Guide to Joint Ventures Law
Joint Ventures also referred to as Business Partnerships are governed by a set of business laws enforced by state laws and in the event of international ventures through international trade laws. To consult State Legislation regarding business laws visit our State Business Portals page.
Joint Ventures Law - US
- ABA - Business Law Section - Joint Ventures
The Joint Ventures Task Force has developed for publication a Model Joint Venture Agreement with Commentary and Ancillary Documents, similar in concept to other Model Agreements prepared and published by the Committee. The Model Joint Venture Agreement, now available for purchase (see below), is based on a fact pattern that involves a joint venture between two U.S. companies.
- ABA - International M&A and Joint Venture Committee
On behalf of our leadership team, welcome to the Committee homepage of the International M&A and Joint Venture Committee. We hope that you will find the content of this page useful. It includes past editions of our newsletter, program materials from past Committee programs, Year-in-Review articles and references to websites which we consider useful for our daily work in the field of international M&A and joint ventures.
- FTC - Joint Venture Project
In order to compete in modern markets, competitors sometimes need to collaborate. Competitive forces are driving firms toward complex collaborations to achieve goals such as expanding into foreign markets, funding expensive innovation efforts, and lowering production and other costs.
- Joint Ventures - Overview
A joint venture is a legal organization that takes the form of a short term partnership in which the persons jointly undertake a transaction for mutual profit. Generally each person contributes assets and share risks. Like a partnership, joint ventures can involve any type of business transaction and the "persons" involved can be individuals, groups of individuals, companies, or corporations.
- USDOJ Antitrust Division - Joint Venture Guidelines
The mission of the Antitrust Division is to promote competition in the U.S. economy through enforcement of, improvements to, and education about antitrust laws and principles.
Publications Related to Joint Ventures Law
- Joint Venture Agreements - Legal Zoom
Well-written agreements are a necessity to run a business. In this modern day era of lawsuits, writing a good agreement is becoming more and more important. As a business person, you will find that putting in a good effort upfront can save you money and stress later.
- Pyramidal Blind Spots Perils of International Joint Ventures
Foreign companies often enter joint venture partnerships unaware of the dominating corporate governance practices in developing countries, according to Susan Perkins (Assistant Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management). In a recent working paper, Perkins and coauthors Randall Morck (Professor of Finance at the University of Alberta) and Bernard Yeung (Professor and Dean of the National University of Singapore) outline the potential costs of not recognizing and accounting for these dynamics in the design of a joint venture.
- World News Report - United States Joint Ventures News
United States Joint Ventures News provides articles and news for global professionals in joint ventures.
Articles on HG.org Related to Joint Ventures Law
- Practical Considerations in Setting up a Corporate Joint Venture under English Law
- Overview of Cyprus Merger Control Rules
- Shareholder Agreements under English Law – Basic Share Structure and Share Transfer Considerations
- Concept and Purposes of Due Diligence in Spain
- The Basics of Crowdfunding
- Promotion of Investments by Venture Capital Funds in Spain
- Incorporating Capital Companies in Turkey and in Romania
- Is there Ever Enough Money to Start a Business
- Your 8 Step Guide to Navigating Business Contracts
- Florida Couples Who Co-Own a Business May Benefit from Divorce Mediation
- Company Formation in Russia
- Anti-Trust snd Strategic Approval Requirements for Investments in Russia
- Opening and Closing Branches and Representative Offices of Non-Russian Companies in Russia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia Confirms the Importance of a Well-Drafted Contract
- Russian Antitrust Law: Important Considerations For Non-Russian Investors
- All Business and Industry Law Articles
Articles written by attorneys and experts worldwide discussing legal aspects related to Business and Industry including: agency and distributorship, agency law, business and industry, business formation, business law, commercial law, contracts, corporate governance, corporate law, e-commerce, food and beverages law, franchising, industrial and manufacturing, joint ventures, legal economics, marketing law, mergers and acquisitions, offshore services, privatization law, retail, shareholders rights and utilities.
Business Law Attorneys