Administrative Law Lawyers in the USA
Administrative Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Administrative Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Will Your Bill Survive Doomsday in the Texas Legislture?
As the Texas Legislature enters the end of its session, some bills sit undisturbed, and could very well remain that way for all eternity. Although there are many ways a bill can die, from being voted down in the House or Senate to being vetoed by the governor, one of the easiest ways for a bill to face death is by doing absolutely nothing at all with it. These bills die quietly in committee for reasons that are discussed below.
- What Is an OIG Investigation? How Much Trouble Am I In?
The Office of Inspector General investigations deal with various instances of fraud, waste, abuses situations and misconduct in regards to federal employees, contracted workers and entities that have business with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Weapons at Work: Texas Law and Business Policy
With both constitutional and statutory protections for citizens to carry arms, businesses are faced with walking a fine line between providing a safe work environment, reducing business liability, protecting business reputation and standing, and restricting personal freedom.
- 85th Texas Legislature Considers Measures to Protect Elders from Financial Exploitation
The Texas Banker's Association recently prepared their legislative agenda for the new session, and at the top of the list was work on legislative authorities for banks to protect elders from financial exploitation.
- OPM Disability Retirement Applications: The Veteran and the Medical Condition
An article about what U.S. Veterans in Civil Service jobs should know before applying for Federal Employee Disability Retirement benefits under either FERS or CSRS.
- Litigating Georgia Implied Consent Law Motions to Obtain Exclusion of Breath Test Evidence
Georgia implied consent law is outdated, flawed and incomplete. A Georgia DUI Lawyer must know how to challenge the admissibility of implied consent in pretrial motions, to help win the DUI case
- Infrastructure Development in Texas Maritime Ports: Funding Challenges
The Texas Maritime Port System is an engine that is fueling both local and national economies.
- Deemed Exports and Reexports under the Harmonization Rules
One objective of the Export Control Reform Initiative is to harmonize the definitions of terms or concepts that appear in both the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Export Compliance Programs
Compliance with the U.S. export control regulations is a significant issue for companies and their legal and compliance teams.
- The Problem of Disabled Prisoners
On July 26 the Americans with Disabilities Act turns 26 years old. This civil rights act not only barred discrimination against those with disabilities but advanced services, accommodations and access across all public agencies.