Administrative Law Lawyers in the USA
Administrative Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
Administrative Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Obesity Can Be Grounds for Federal Employee FERS and CSRS Disability Retirement
Obesity or morbid obesity may qualify you for FERS or CSRS disability retirement through the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- Does the Federal Government Consider Me Disabled? Reasonable Accommodation Part VI
Federal employee attorney Eric Pines tackles whether a federal employee will be considered disabled. In this series: Does the Federal Government Consider Me Disabled? We lay out the definitions of disabled under the Rehabilitation Act. In this post we will focus on whether a federal employee is entitled to his or her ideal accommodation? According to the Rehabilitation Act/ ADA says the answer is: Yes, but… not necessarily with the exact accommodation that you are seeking.
- Due Process of Law Rights of Government Contractors who are Denied Work or Public Contract Bidding Rights
Due process of law rights of government contractors who are denied work or public bidding rights due to “de facto debarment“ from federal, state or local government bidding or public contracting for alleged unethical conduct or due to bid or bidder non-responsibility determinations by a public agency on a government contract.
- Substitution of Subcontractors Listed by Mistake in Bidding on a California Public Works Construction Contract
Correction of subcontractor listing errors and substitution of subcontractors listed by mistake in bidding on a California public works construction contract, per public contract code sec. 4107.5.
- Post-Assessment Collection of Delinquent State Taxes in Hawaii
In 2009, Hawaii enacted a prospective fifteen-year civil statute of limitations for collection for most assessed tax obligations (Net Income Tax, General Excise Tax, Transient Accommodations Tax, Use Tax, Fuel Tax, Conveyance Tax, Rental Motor Vehicle and Tour Vehicle Surcharge, Nursing Facility Tax, and Insurance Premium Tax) via Act 166, Sections 6 through 14.
- Section 8 Vouchers and the Tea Party
The potential affect of Tea Party influence on the Federal Section 8 Voucher Program as pertaining to New York City multi-family housing.
- How to Substitute Listed Subcontractors On California Public Contracts under the Fair Practices Act Law
How to substitute or remove listed subcontractors on California public works government construction jobs under the Subletting and Subcontracting Fair Practices Act, Public Contract Code sec. 4104, 4106 & 4107.5 substitution procedures and hearing procedures, lawsuits by substituted subcontractors for lost profits, and other concerns for listed subcontractors and substitute subcontractors.
- 10 Tips for Filing a Claim Under the Defense Base Act
The author offers tips for military contractors in Iraq or Afghanistan to follow when filing a claim under the Defense Base Act.
- The “Dos and Don’ts” of Appearing Before the Texas Board of Nursing
Will you be prepared if the Texas Board of Nursing mails you a written notice of investigation into a complaint?
- A Primer on Cross-Examination of Defense Experts
This article summarizes relevant Illinois law on expert testimony, the knowledge of which is crucial to adequate preparation.