Admiralty and Maritime Lawyers in the USA
Admiralty and Maritime Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
Admiralty and Maritime Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Legal Options for Maritime Employees Not Covered Under the Jones Act
Even when maritime employees don’t meet the Jones Act claim requisites for a maritime accident, there’re still other legal options available through a Louisiana maritime lawyer.
- Seamen Need to Know about the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002
Congress passed the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002 to increase maritime safety. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans explains what seamen need to know.
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act Addresses Workers’ Compensation Claims
The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act enables seamen to receive workers’ compensation claims when injured. While not one and the same, both the Jones Act and workers’ compensation award injured seamen monies on the job. With workers’ compensation, employees simply need to be injured on the job to receive medical and financials benefits.
- Ocean Shipping Reform Act of 1998
The Ocean Shipping Reform Act of 1998 was passed by congress, changing regulations for companies in the marine shipping and transportation industry.
- Difference between Initial Jones Act Settlements and a Fair Value of Damages
For Jones Act settlements, many injured seamen are quick to take any offer given by their employer. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans can offer advice on a Jones Act claim.
- How to Prevent Boating Accidents
All watercraft accidents must be reported to the National Park Service within 24 hours.
- How the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 May Impact A Maritime Injury Claim
The Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act, is a law that protects injured maritime workers, whom a Louisiana Jones Act lawyer can represent.
- Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries: Calculating Lost Tips as Part of Wages in a Claim
Workers injured in cruise ship accidents may recover lost wages if employer negligence is to blame. Tips may be estimated based on averages and income tax returns.
- Louisiana Jones Act Claims: Types of Wrongful Death Compensation
Wrongful death lawyers can file Jones Act on behalf of surviving family members. Wrongful death compensation could include medical costs, lost earnings and more.
- OSHA Regulations for Maritime Professions
OSHA regulations for maritime professions include rules pertaining to shipyard employment, marine terminals and longshoring. Coast Guard rules may apply to vessels at sea.