Antitrust and Trade Regulation Lawyers in the USA
Antitrust and Trade Regulation Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Antitrust and Trade Regulation Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Exclusive Dealing Under the U.S. Antitrust Laws
Are you unable to compete for certain customers because those customers are bound by exclusive-dealing agreements with your competitors? Or are you a competitor who has or is considering an exclusive-dealing agreement?
- What Are the Elements for a Monopolization Claim under the Federal Antitrust Laws?
Do you or your competitor have a monopoly in a particular market? If so, your conduct or their conduct might enter the territory of the Sherman Act—Section 2—called monopolization. If you are in Europe or other jurisdictions outside of the United States, instead of monopoly, people will refer to the company with extreme market power as “dominant.”
- What is the Biggest Mistake that District Courts Make in Antitrust Cases?
This articles describes how federal trial courts sometimes confuse the pleading standards for antitrust cases.
- The U.S. Supreme Court Clarifies the Definition of Insider Trading – A Big Win for Prosecutors
For the first time since 1983 when the Supreme Court issued its decision in Dirks v. SEC, the Supreme Court yesterday clarified what “personal benefit” the tipper of non-public, inside information must receive from the tippee to sustain a conviction against the tippee who trades on that inside information.
- Music May Be Less Widely Available in the Future. Here's Why.
The government just denied a request from the music industry to change the royalty collection system. Here, we examine what's at stake and explain why change may be imminent.
- SEC Halts Ash Narayan from Defrauding RGT Clients
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) announced that it obtained a court ordered “freeze” of the assets of three individuals, including Ash Narayan, formerly of RGT Wealth Advisors, who, the SEC alleges, siphoned millions of dollars from the accounts he managed at RGT for professional athletes and others while he was the manager of RGT Wealth Advisor’s Orange County, California office.
- Are Resale Price Maintenance Agreements Legal Under the Antitrust Laws?
The legality of resale price maintenance agreements under US antitrust law.
- How to Legally Fight Businesses that Are Posting Fake Good Reviews on the Internet
Recognizing the power of first-hand user experiences, some businesses flood review sites with positive reviews about their product or service by paying writers to manufacture this content. Rather than reading a real review by someone who has actually used the product or service, the consumer is duped by someone who has no contact with the product or service other than a paycheck.
- Why Writing Fake Good Reviews to Boost Your Business May Be Illegal
National studies have found that many consumers check online reviews before making a purchase. Additionally, many consumers directly cite such reviews for the reason why they chose a particular product. Hoping to tap into the upside of this strategy, some businesses encourage consumers to post positive reviews.
- Do I Have a Lanham Claim Against My Competitor for False Advertising?
The elements that a party must prove to prevail on a Lanham Act Claim for False Advertising.