Automotive Lawyers in the USA
Automotive Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Automotive Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Former EPA Official: VW Plea Of Ignorance Over Dieselgate Emissions Scandal "Doesn't Pass The Laugh Test"
A former EPA official says that Volkswagen’s claims that executives at the company were unaware of the emissions cheating that led to the Dieselgate scandal “just doesn’t pass the laugh test”. Volkswagen recalled 11 million VW and Audi diesel-powered vehicles worldwide after admitting that it had installed a "defeat device" that hid the high emissions levels of these vehicles from regulators.
- Owners of VW, Audi, Porsche "TDI Clean Diesel" Models May Qualify to File a Lawsuit over Emissions Fraud
Volkswagen admitted it fraudulently misled consumers about the emissions of its "TDI Clean Diesel" models through a defeat device that made the cars appear to emit lower levels of greenhouse gases than they actually did. Volkswagen recalled 11 million Volkswagen and Audi models in connection with the Dieselgate emissions cheating scandal. Hundreds of VW, Audi, and Porsche diesel owners have filed lawsuits against the German automaker over the company's lies and the lost value of their vehicles.
- Will a Dashboard Camera Help my Car Accident Claim?
Learn what benefits there are for having a personal dash cam in your car during a car accident.
- Have You Been Injured by Your Car’s Airbag?
Learn what the common injuries that come from malfunctioning airbags from Takata.
- Full Coverage vs. Full Tort Car Inurance
It is import for drivers to understand the difference between having full coverage on your vehicle, versus have full tort coverage on your vehicle.
- Driving with a Suspended or Revoked License
Some drivers might think it is a minor thing to drive once or occasionally with a suspended or revoked license; however, it is a serious offense that can result in fines and jail time for repeat offenders. Suspension of a driver license is usually temporary until the driver resolves the situation that caused the problem, while a revoked license is a permanent removal of an individual’s driving privilege.
- Have You Been Injured By Your Car’s Airbag?
Although airbags are used to safeguard the driver and passengers when involved in a car accident, but when defective, they can cause serious harm.
- Volkswagen and Audi ‘Clean Diesel’ Owners See Decline in Vehicle Value Following VW Emissions Recall Scandal
Used sale prices for Volkswagen and Audi "TDI Clean Diesel" models have fallen sharply in the wake of VW's admission that it lied to consumers about the performance and emissions levels of these vehicles. Volkswagen announced that it would recall about 11 million VW and Audi diesel vehicles following the disclosure that the German automaker had installed a "defeat device" on these models in order to hide their high pollution levels.
- Volkswagen To Recall 500K VW, Audi Cars in U.S. Over 'Dieselgate' Emissions Scandal After Allegations of Fraud
Volkswagen will recall 11 million VW and Audi "TDI Clean Diesel" vehicles worldwide - including 500,000 in the U.S. - after admitting that it had equipped these vehicles with a "defeat device" that was designed to conceal their high pollution levels. Volkswagen is facing thousands of lawsuits from diesel-powered vehicles owners whose cars have been implicated in the recall.
- What Can Volkswagen Owners Can Do About the Emissions Scandal?
As the Volkswagen Emissions Scandal continues, owners of the diesel engine vehicle can take action by filing a class action lawsuit.