Boating Accident Lawyers in the USA
Boating Accident Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
Boating Accident Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act Addresses Workers’ Compensation Claims
The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act enables seamen to receive workers’ compensation claims when injured. While not one and the same, both the Jones Act and workers’ compensation award injured seamen monies on the job. With workers’ compensation, employees simply need to be injured on the job to receive medical and financials benefits.
- Difference between Initial Jones Act Settlements and a Fair Value of Damages
For Jones Act settlements, many injured seamen are quick to take any offer given by their employer. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans can offer advice on a Jones Act claim.
- How to Prevent Boating Accidents
All watercraft accidents must be reported to the National Park Service within 24 hours.
- How the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 May Impact A Maritime Injury Claim
The Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act, is a law that protects injured maritime workers, whom a Louisiana Jones Act lawyer can represent.
- Louisiana Jones Act Claims: Types of Wrongful Death Compensation
Wrongful death lawyers can file Jones Act on behalf of surviving family members. Wrongful death compensation could include medical costs, lost earnings and more.
- U.S. Coast Guard Regulations for Maritime Safety
U.S. Coast Guard regulations are in place to enforce maritime safety.
- Parties Who Can File Lawsuits for Emotional Distress Under the Jones Act
Lawsuits for emotional distress can be filed by injured maritime workers and others. On the Gulf Coast, contact a Jones Act maritime attorney at The Young Firm.
- Filing a Jones Act Claim: Accident Reports and Recorded Statements
Filing a Jones Act claim doesn’t necessitate an accident report or a recorded statement. If you’ve been injured at sea, a Gulf Coast maritime attorney can review your case.
- The Rights of Longshoremen Under the LHWCA
What your legal rights are as an injured longshoreman? You may be entitled to benefits covered under the LHWCA.
- Requirements of a Good Jones Act Attorney
A Gulf Coast attorney who handles Jones Act law cases can help when you’ve suffered a maritime work injury. The attorney you choose to work with should have a lengthy history with Jones Act regulations, resources in the field who can help prove your case, and a stellar reputation in maritime law.