Business Law Lawyers in the USA
Business Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Business Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Whistleblower False Claims Case Settles for $6.5 Million
A $6.5 million dollar settlement has been reached in a federal whistleblower lawsuit. There were allegations that a military contractor had submitted inflated bills to the government.
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to Decide a Major Occupational Licensing Case
by Kassouni Law
Appeals lawyers assess Underwood v. Mackay - whether occupational licensing applicants must submit to all licensing procedures and be denied a license before they can challenge the constitutionality of those procedures in court.
- Stealing Employees in California
California law protects the right of employees to change employment, and of competitors to hire one another’s employees. Hence a former employee or a competitor may hire your employees. What they can’t do, however, is steal your employees. This article explains the difference.
- Dividing the Family Business in a Texas Divorce
Divorce is never easy, and when a divorcing couple owns a business it can be particularly difficult. The financial aspects can feel overwhelming, especially if one spouse will have to find a different source of income. The spouse who leaves the business may feel a double sense of loss because his/her work AND home life is about to change drastically.
- Securities and Exchange Commission Saved $439 Million For Whistleblower Rewards
The Securities and Exchange Commission has saved money to spend on it's whistleblower rewards program. It is likely that there will be larger rewards in the future as tips have increased recently.
- Sutter Health Settles Whistleblower Case for $46 Million
Sutter Health decided to settle a whistleblower case before trial. The case involved allegations of double billing for anesthesia services at hospitals in California.
- Whistleblowers Programs Could Help Regain Funds From Tax Dodgers
According to the California Franchise Tax Board, the state is owed more than 6.5 billion dollars in tax revenue. Some contend that implementation of a whistleblower rewards program could help to bring in some of that lost revenue.
- Exit & Succession Planning (Long Version)
Exit Planning, as I practice it, is a system and a process to help business owners exit their business with maximum tax efficiency and with maximum legal security.
- Buying and Selling Private, Closely Held Businesses
Buying or selling a business is a complex process. Legal, tax, accounting, valuation and psychology issues are all involved. This seminar and this outline only introduce certain basic matters to you.
- San Diego Business Law - Important Considerations in Selecting a Business Entity
Welcome back to our San Diego Business Law blog series! In this week’s blog we are going to address some things you should consider when selecting the appropriate form for your new San Diego business.