Civil Litigation Lawyers in the USA
Civil Litigation Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Civil Litigation Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Federal Whistleblower Complaints Can Be Filed Online
Whistleblowers are now able to file certain complaints online. Whistleblower complaints that are overseen by OSHA can be filed online.
- Elder Abuse Hurts Families
The cycle of violence is hard to break. Problems can occur when a child that was abused becomes the caregiver for the parent that did the abusing. Elder abuse can be the result when a child that was abused is forced to take care of a parent later in life.
- Six California Residents Arrested For Financial Elder Abuse Scams
Six California residents have been arrested for scams that targeted senior citizens. The suspects were arrested in southern California.
- Disagreement About Handling of California Caregiver Abuse Cases
Long -term care advocates and officials disagreed at a recent Assembly hearing.
- Los Angeles Assisted Living Facility Held Responsible for Injuries of Resident
A Los Angeles County assisted living facility has been ordered by a judge to pay a woman who was injured by a fall.
- Health Care Industry the Target in Whistleblower Lawsuits
The United States Department of Justice has provided the public with some information regarding recent whistleblower cases. In one of the cases there have been allegations made against Health Management Associates.
- Scammers Offering Free Initial Services Target Seniors for Financial Elder Abuse
In California, senior citizens have been a target for con-artists and scammers. A recent scam has affected seniors in the state and officials want the public to be aware of the scam. This scam has been called the "free inspection scam."
- How Do I Sue the Person Suing Me?
Once embroiled in a lawsuit, one can often feel powerless, angry, abused, and confused. Indeed, many feel as though they did nothing wrong but that the other party – the one suing them – did. In that situation, it may be possible to actually sue the person who brought the original lawsuit. But how does one do that and what are the limitations?
- Securities and Exchange Commission Saved $439 Million For Whistleblower Rewards
The Securities and Exchange Commission has saved money to spend on it's whistleblower rewards program. It is likely that there will be larger rewards in the future as tips have increased recently.
- Common Tricks Attorneys Play in Civil Litigation
For young attorneys, those who do not go to court often, or pro se litigatnts (those representing themselves), running up against an experienced litigation and trial attorney can be a stressful experience. Regardless of how much merit your case may have, a good litigator can derail your case, even before trial, using a few procedural tricks. Following are a few of them, how you can use them like an expert litigator, and things you can do to fight back.