Civil Litigation Lawyers in the USA
Civil Litigation Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Civil Litigation Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Dealing with Harassment from Debt Collectors
The Texas Debt Collection Act and the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act prohibit debt collectors from taking certain actions when dealing with alleged debtors. They also provide remedies for people when collectors fail to comply with the statutes. This article is to help you determine whether a debt collector has violated the law and what you can do about it.
- Proposed Florida Laws Strip Medical Care Decisions Away from Doctors during Personal Injury Claims
You could be forgiven for thinking messing around with health care coverage rules was the sole domain of democrats these days, but the new laws which will deeply interfere with the choices a doctor will make and options available for the seriously injured have sprung from the minds of two republican lawmakers.
- What Is the Difference between Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
Accident and injury victims often wonder about their legal rights after an accident. Depending on the circumstances of the accident, the defendant(s) may be liable for money damages in either a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. Clients often have a number of questions about the differences between a personal injury lawsuit and a wrongful death lawsuit, and this article explains some of the major similarities and differences.
- Federal Whistleblower Complaints Can Be Filed Online
Whistleblowers are now able to file certain complaints online. Whistleblower complaints that are overseen by OSHA can be filed online.
- Elder Abuse Hurts Families
The cycle of violence is hard to break. Problems can occur when a child that was abused becomes the caregiver for the parent that did the abusing. Elder abuse can be the result when a child that was abused is forced to take care of a parent later in life.
- Six California Residents Arrested For Financial Elder Abuse Scams
Six California residents have been arrested for scams that targeted senior citizens. The suspects were arrested in southern California.
- Disagreement About Handling of California Caregiver Abuse Cases
Long -term care advocates and officials disagreed at a recent Assembly hearing.
- Los Angeles Assisted Living Facility Held Responsible for Injuries of Resident
A Los Angeles County assisted living facility has been ordered by a judge to pay a woman who was injured by a fall.
- Health Care Industry the Target in Whistleblower Lawsuits
The United States Department of Justice has provided the public with some information regarding recent whistleblower cases. In one of the cases there have been allegations made against Health Management Associates.
- Scammers Offering Free Initial Services Target Seniors for Financial Elder Abuse
In California, senior citizens have been a target for con-artists and scammers. A recent scam has affected seniors in the state and officials want the public to be aware of the scam. This scam has been called the "free inspection scam."