Contracts Lawyers in the USA
Contracts Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Contracts Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Conducting Due Diligence for a Merger or Acquisition
Mergers and acquisitions are very important for corporations when conducting business. To ensure that due diligence is accomplished, a lawyer is usually both necessary and vital in ensuring that paperwork, documentation, contracts and numerous other affairs are in order and properly filed.
- Tips from a Business Lawyer Before Launching a Startup
Launching a business is often difficult and may be fraught with obstacles in the legal world, in the community the company will physically reside in and with obtaining and maintaining a customer base.
- Employee Versus Independent Contractor: Avoid 3 Hiring Mistakes Florida Businesses Often Make
The process of hiring someone to work for you can be nerve-wracking and riddled with potential traps that can have expensive legal consequences.
- What is the Value of a Verbal Agreement
When making a verbal agreement, it is important to understand that these are considered as binding contracts between parties for the specific topic or issue at hand. Even though the matter is not written or completed with the assistance of a legal professional, it is often binding with certain terms or stipulations.
- What to Include in a California Business Contract
Obligations and Non-fulfillment Clauses are Only the Start. California business contracts are deceptively complex.
- Are Forum Selection Clauses Upheld in Nevada?
Think your forum selection clause will hold up in Court? Think again.
- 10 Legal Keys to Business Success
Avoiding legal pitfalls that may be holding back your business, exposing you to increased risk, or preventing you from getting the greatest benefit from your attorney-client relationship.
- What are the Consequences if I do not Respect an NDA I Signed with a Company?
Non-disclosure agreements are often used when signing on with a company in many situations. Though these documents are used to stop the leaking of secrets or processes, they do not always stop the problem.
- Minimize Product Liability Risk with a Well-Written Contract
If your company is importing products made overseas, what is your liability for a safety or quality issue that causes harm? A well-written contract with the manufacturer can define and quantify risk.
- California General and Limited Partnerships and LLCs - What’s Best for Your Business
Without a written partnership agreement for a business which two or more people own and operate in California, it may well be deemed to be a general partnership with each of the partners jointly and severally liable for the acts of the others and no mechanism for resolving deadlocks which require a majority vote. Business partners should have a partnership agreement drafted by an experienced partnership attorney and should understand the differences between partnerships and LLCs.