Corporate Law Lawyers in the USA
Corporate Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Corporate Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Corporate Structure – Levels of Legal Control Over a Group Medical Practice
When the partners in a group medical practice argue, usually it comes from one of these problem areas: control, compensation, exit. This article discusses control.
- Avoid Successor Liability when Buying a Medical Practice, including Provider Numbers and Taxes
How to avoid successor liability when buying a medical practice, specifically as regards provider numbers and taxes. It’s a nasty surprise to discover, after you’ve paid the purchase price for the practice, that you must pay the seller’s debts and liabilities from before the closing.
- 4 Common Types Of Small Business Litigation Suits
While big corporations and companies get sued fairly regularly, small businesses are liable these days as well. Small business litigation suits are more common than people think, and they can have serious consequences for the companies involved, including costing huge amounts in legal fees and settlement costs, tainting professional reputations, and taking up valuable time and effort.
- Corporate Structure, Levels of Legal Control Over a Practice
When the partners in a health care practice argue, usually it comes from one of these problem areas: control, compensation, exit. Today Iï¿½ll talk about control.
- Always, Always, Always Read the Contract
Think about the last contract you signed. Did you know which sections were negotiable? Which provisions, with negotiated changes, could have enhanced the value received from the contract?
- The California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act and What It May Mean for You
The California Revised Uniform Limited Liability Company Act (“Revised LLC Act”) to be enacted on January 1, 2014 may dramatically affect companies with no operating agreements, or operating agreements that do not address the new default provisions under the Revised LLC Act.
- Should you Incorporate your Dental Practice?
What are the costs and benefits of forming a dental corporation? It’s a tough question. The answer depends on a balancing of different factors. Most of us suffer information overload not long after starting this analysis. All of the factors start swimming around in our minds and we don’t know what to think.
- When a Business Folds, Who Is Responsible for Its Debts and Other Obligations?
A common question among small business owners is who will be responsible for debts and other obligations if a business entity folds or reorganizes. Many things can happen in the life of a business entity, whether a corporation, LLC, partnership, or sole proprietorship, and this can lead to questions about who will be left holding the bag.
- Exit & Succession Planning (Long Version)
Exit Planning, as I practice it, is a system and a process to help business owners exit their business with maximum tax efficiency and with maximum legal security.
- San Diego Business Law - Important Considerations in Selecting a Business Entity
Welcome back to our San Diego Business Law blog series! In this week’s blog we are going to address some things you should consider when selecting the appropriate form for your new San Diego business.