Divorce Lawyers in the USA
Divorce Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Divorce Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Tax Tips for Couples Going Through a Connecticut Divorce
While most divorced couples are immediately concerned about their children and their financial status, there are other, less obvious, impacts that divorce will inevitably have. Understanding the changes to your taxation status, for example, is something to consider when filing for divorce.
- If You Have Not Divorced in Mexico, Can You Remarry in the United States?
If you have not divorced in Mexico, but you remarried in the United States, could this affect you? In short, yes. If you are married to another person anywhere in the world, you may not marry again until your first marriage is formally ended.
- College Support May Extend Child Support Payments
Most states consider 18 the age of majority which means that when minors reach this age they are considered adults in the eyes of the law.
- South Jersey Divorce Lawyers Discuss Key Money Matters to Consider After Divorce
After a divorce is final there is a natural period of adjustment.
- Divorce Mediation and Arbitration Process in New Jersey
Divorce is never an easy process, but for some couples, the mediation and arbitration process in New Jersey provides an alternative to stressful litigation. An experienced and competent divorce attorney can help a couple through the process of dividing assets, formulating a parenting plan, settling child custody agreements, and making equitable alimony and child support arrangements.
- Florida Alimony Reform 2015
Florida Alimony Reform legislation was introduced in the Florida House of Representatives on February 23, 2015. This bill creates guidelines, comprised of presumptive alimony amounts and presumptive alimony durations.
- California Same-Sex Couples Gain Rights, Face Challenges
California's gay and lesbian couples can now legally marry but they still face challenges when it comes to divorce and family-related disputes.
- Divorce Can Derail A California Family Business
How a dissolution matter can effect a functioning family business in California.
- Divorce Tips for Illinois Moms
Going through a divorce when children are involved can be emotionally draining and challenging for the entire family.
- Implications of Failing to Comply with a Court Order
Family court orders can be used to settle matters such as child custody and visitation, support payments, and legal fee obligations for either party.