Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Support The Passing Of Bills Dedicated to Protecting Elders From Elder Abuse In Nursing Homes
This month, legislators passed a bill entitled The Residential Care Facilities for Elders Reform Act of 2014 (ACT), effective July 1, 2015.
- Financial Elder Abuse Reported to Cost $2.9 Billion Each Year – And Increasing
According to a recent MetLife study, financial elder abuse is reported to cost $2.9 billion each year – and it's increasing.
- Nursing Homes Caught Willfully Committing Elder Abuse All Over Los Angeles
Nursing homes in LA discovered prematurely closing claims regarding elder abuse before completing investigation
- Proposed Legislation for Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) Reform Act of 2014
Status updates on proposed legislation for the Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) Reform Act of 2014 that are up for review at the next legislative session.
- Studies Show Aging Causes Mental Impairment, Incompetency, and Lack of Capacity to Make Good Decisions
Studies show that aging has a negative effect on decision making abilities in elders. Elders should be aware of an increased risk of falling victim to fraud due to increasing inability to make good decisions.
- Pennsylvania Nursing Home Care: A Passing Grade
Pennsylvania has been rated satisfactory in nursing home care grades. If your loved one was abused or neglected in a nursing home, contact an attorney.
- Los Angeles Area Man Arrested on Financial Elder Abuse Charges
A financial advisor was recently arrested at a seminar in Los Angeles on financial elder abuse charges.
- Stock Risk Comes With Some Life Insurance Policies
The rising stock market has also broadened the appeal of certain investments such as variable universal life and indexed universal life insurance policies that are linked to stock performance.
- Elder Abuse Hurts Families
The cycle of violence is hard to break. Problems can occur when a child that was abused becomes the caregiver for the parent that did the abusing. Elder abuse can be the result when a child that was abused is forced to take care of a parent later in life.
- Six California Residents Arrested For Financial Elder Abuse Scams
Six California residents have been arrested for scams that targeted senior citizens. The suspects were arrested in southern California.