Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Elder Abuse Hurts Families
The cycle of violence is hard to break. Problems can occur when a child that was abused becomes the caregiver for the parent that did the abusing. Elder abuse can be the result when a child that was abused is forced to take care of a parent later in life.
- Six California Residents Arrested For Financial Elder Abuse Scams
Six California residents have been arrested for scams that targeted senior citizens. The suspects were arrested in southern California.
- Disagreement About Handling of California Caregiver Abuse Cases
Long -term care advocates and officials disagreed at a recent Assembly hearing.
- Los Angeles Assisted Living Facility Held Responsible for Injuries of Resident
A Los Angeles County assisted living facility has been ordered by a judge to pay a woman who was injured by a fall.
- Scammers Offering Free Initial Services Target Seniors for Financial Elder Abuse
In California, senior citizens have been a target for con-artists and scammers. A recent scam has affected seniors in the state and officials want the public to be aware of the scam. This scam has been called the "free inspection scam."
- My Loved One's Estate Was Looted By Someone Who Was Supposed To Be Caring For Them – What Can I Do?
Recently, I was approached by someone asking me about a situation that occurs all too often. Her grandmother's estate had been bled dry by someone who was supposed to be taking care of her. My friend wanted to know what the legal rights and responsibilities of the parties were in this situation and what could be done about it.
- Attorney Allegedly Commits Financial Elder Abuse, Steals $3.5 Million From Elderly Doctor
A San Francisco attorney allegedly committed financial elder abuse when he defrauded an elderly doctor. The defendant in the case has been disbarred for his actions.
- Identifying and Preventing Elder Abuse
Senior citizens across the nation are being taken advantage of. Physical elder abuse and financial elder abuse have become commonplace.
- Detecting Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
It may seem unthinkable that anyone would want to injure a defenseless elderly person, but it happens everyday. Nursing home abuse takes many forms, but all of it can be damaging, whether emotionally, physically, or financially. Knowing the signs of nursing home abuse and contacting a nursing home abuse lawyer if you know or suspect your loved one has been abused or neglected is critical in protecting both your loved one and others who may not have family or those as attentive as you.
- For the First Time the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Works to Provide Eldercare Statistics
In 2011, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics procured information about eldercare providers in the United States, and produced the results in its 2011 American Time Use Survey (ATUS).