Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Introduction to Elder Abuse and Negligence in Florida
In Florida, elder abuse and neglect is quite common, so it’s important to recognize the common signs.
- Elder Abuse Laws in New Jersey
In New Jersey, the goal is to protect those people who are most vulnerable.
- 85th Texas Legislature Considers Measures to Protect Elders from Financial Exploitation
The Texas Banker's Association recently prepared their legislative agenda for the new session, and at the top of the list was work on legislative authorities for banks to protect elders from financial exploitation.
- Alternatives to Filing a Guardianship in Texas
If you are the caregiver for a person who is a minor, or who has an illness or other condition that causes them to be unable to manage their own affairs, then you may have thought about filing a guardianship in a court. You should be aware that there may be alternatives.
- Undue Influence: A Form of Elder Abuse
A proactive approach in this situation is to meet with a qualified estate planning attorney to guide the individual through the estate planning process which may help avoid some of the pitfalls of undue influence that can arise from caregivers, friends, family and others.
- Contributing to Your Grandchildren's Future
When estate planning, gifting assets to your grandchildren can do more than help your descendants get a good start in life; it can also reduce the size of your estate and the tax that will be due upon your death.
- Elder Abuse: Underreported and On the Rise
Two million and counting elders suffer from elder abuse every year in the United States. However, with elder abuse on the rise, and the fact that elder abuse are often not reported, the actual number can exceed 2 million.
- Seniors Should be Cautious When Purchasing Deferred Annuities
Financial Conduct Authority says the deferred annuities market is messy, so seniors and elders need to be more careful when buying.
- Who Owns the Nursing Homes in California?
When moving your loved one into a nursing home, you want the best. Except, that info isn't readily available to the public.
- My Loved One's Estate Was Looted By Someone Who Was Supposed To Be Caring For Them – What Can I Do?
Recently, I was approached by someone asking me about a situation that occurs all too often. Her grandmother's estate had been bled dry by someone who was supposed to be taking care of her. My friend wanted to know what the legal rights and responsibilities of the parties were in this situation and what could be done about it.