Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Undue Influence: A Form of Elder Abuse
A proactive approach in this situation is to meet with a qualified estate planning attorney to guide the individual through the estate planning process which may help avoid some of the pitfalls of undue influence that can arise from caregivers, friends, family and others.
- Contributing to Your Grandchildren's Future
When estate planning, gifting assets to your grandchildren can do more than help your descendants get a good start in life; it can also reduce the size of your estate and the tax that will be due upon your death.
- Elder Abuse: Underreported and On the Rise
Two million and counting elders suffer from elder abuse every year in the United States. However, with elder abuse on the rise, and the fact that elder abuse are often not reported, the actual number can exceed 2 million.
- Seniors Should be Cautious When Purchasing Deferred Annuities
Financial Conduct Authority says the deferred annuities market is messy, so seniors and elders need to be more careful when buying.
- Who Owns the Nursing Homes in California?
When moving your loved one into a nursing home, you want the best. Except, that info isn't readily available to the public.
- My Loved One's Estate Was Looted By Someone Who Was Supposed To Be Caring For Them – What Can I Do?
Recently, I was approached by someone asking me about a situation that occurs all too often. Her grandmother's estate had been bled dry by someone who was supposed to be taking care of her. My friend wanted to know what the legal rights and responsibilities of the parties were in this situation and what could be done about it.
- Performance of California Nursing Home Chains
Many nursing home chains in California have been shown to underperform when it comes to quality-of-care, staffing, and inspection measures.
- Potentially Misleading Advertisement for Indexed Universal Life Policies by Insurance Marketing Organizations
Insurance marketing organizations may have been providing misleading Indexed Universal Life policy ads.
- Family Limited Partnerships and Divorce: Structuring the Division
Family Limited Partnerships can present unique challenges in divorce litigation relative to the division of property and debt. It is vital to understand the key components, their structure and various valuation methods in order to effectively represent a client where a Family Limited Partnership is part of divorce proceedings.
- Equity Indexed Universal Life Insurance Is Not For Most People
Indexed Universal Life Insurance policies are unsuitable for most people. Read on to find out why.