Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Contributing to Your Grandchildren's Future
When estate planning, gifting assets to your grandchildren can do more than help your descendants get a good start in life; it can also reduce the size of your estate and the tax that will be due upon your death.
- New Product Designed to Prevent Elderly Abuse
The Home Security Outlet, an online store that offers DIY home security systems, has released a new product designed to protect the elderly from abusive caregivers. The device, called The Air Freshener Hidden Camera with DVR, can be easily installed in any home and will record video that is stored on an SD card whenever motion is detected in the room.
- Elder Abuse: Underreported and On the Rise
Two million and counting elders suffer from elder abuse every year in the United States. However, with elder abuse on the rise, and the fact that elder abuse are often not reported, the actual number can exceed 2 million.
- Seniors Should be Cautious When Purchasing Deferred Annuities
Financial Conduct Authority says the deferred annuities market is messy, so seniors and elders need to be more careful when buying.
- Who Owns the Nursing Homes in California?
When moving your loved one into a nursing home, you want the best. Except, that info isn't readily available to the public.
- Performance of California Nursing Home Chains
Many nursing home chains in California have been shown to underperform when it comes to quality-of-care, staffing, and inspection measures.
- Potentially Misleading Advertisement for Indexed Universal Life Policies by Insurance Marketing Organizations
Insurance marketing organizations may have been providing misleading Indexed Universal Life policy ads.
- Family Limited Partnerships and Divorce: Structuring the Division
Family Limited Partnerships can present unique challenges in divorce litigation relative to the division of property and debt. It is vital to understand the key components, their structure and various valuation methods in order to effectively represent a client where a Family Limited Partnership is part of divorce proceedings.
- Equity Indexed Universal Life Insurance Is Not For Most People
Indexed Universal Life Insurance policies are unsuitable for most people. Read on to find out why.
- Elder Abuse and Fraud Prevention
12 tips to help prevent elder abuse and fraud.