Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Proposed Legislation for Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) Reform Act of 2014
Status updates on proposed legislation for the Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE) Reform Act of 2014 that are up for review at the next legislative session.
- Studies Show Aging Causes Mental Impairment, Incompetency, and Lack of Capacity to Make Good Decisions
Studies show that aging has a negative effect on decision making abilities in elders. Elders should be aware of an increased risk of falling victim to fraud due to increasing inability to make good decisions.
- Pennsylvania Nursing Home Care: A Passing Grade
Pennsylvania has been rated satisfactory in nursing home care grades. If your loved one was abused or neglected in a nursing home, contact an attorney.
- Los Angeles Area Man Arrested on Financial Elder Abuse Charges
A financial advisor was recently arrested at a seminar in Los Angeles on financial elder abuse charges.
- Stock Risk Comes With Some Life Insurance Policies
The rising stock market has also broadened the appeal of certain investments such as variable universal life and indexed universal life insurance policies that are linked to stock performance.
- Elder Abuse Hurts Families
The cycle of violence is hard to break. Problems can occur when a child that was abused becomes the caregiver for the parent that did the abusing. Elder abuse can be the result when a child that was abused is forced to take care of a parent later in life.
- Six California Residents Arrested For Financial Elder Abuse Scams
Six California residents have been arrested for scams that targeted senior citizens. The suspects were arrested in southern California.
- Disagreement About Handling of California Caregiver Abuse Cases
Long -term care advocates and officials disagreed at a recent Assembly hearing.
- Los Angeles Assisted Living Facility Held Responsible for Injuries of Resident
A Los Angeles County assisted living facility has been ordered by a judge to pay a woman who was injured by a fall.
- Scammers Offering Free Initial Services Target Seniors for Financial Elder Abuse
In California, senior citizens have been a target for con-artists and scammers. A recent scam has affected seniors in the state and officials want the public to be aware of the scam. This scam has been called the "free inspection scam."