Elder Law Lawyers in the USA
Elder Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Elder Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Financial Fraud Schemes Victimizing Elders and Senior Citizens
There are many fraud schemes used by sellers intent on defrauding seniors and elders of their hard-earned money. Learn what they are to protect yourself.
- Equity-Indexed Annuities
Equity-Indexed annuities are a type of deferred annuity that bases its returns on a stock market index. However, insurance companies have the option of using one of three calculation methods to determine the returns, and each has its own pros and cons.
- Whistleblower Failure-of-Care Claim Settled for $38 Million
Recently, a whistleblower failure-of-care claim was settled against a nursing home chain for $38 million. Even nursing home abuse can be stopped with whistleblowing.
- Things to Know before Purchasing Deferred Variable Annuities
Seniors and elders, are you aware that deferred variable annuities may not be beneficial? If not, read on to learn about the risks of buying annuities.
- Seniors: What You Should Know About Annuities
Annuities sound like a good idea for elders and senior citizens. However, the opposite may be true. Annuities are not right for everyone and seniors and elders should learn why before purchasing an annuity.
- Illegal Evictions of Elderly Nursing Home Residents
Nursing homes can't evict elders based on ending Medicare coverage, lack of long term beds, or refusal to readmit after a hospital stay.
- Nursing Home Elder Abuse Is Due To Understaffing
Studies show that understaffing is directly linked to elder abuse in nursing homes.
- Male Nurses Accused of Committing Elder Abuse Faces Trial and Potentially Six Years in Prison
Two male nurses accused of committing elder abuse faces up to six years in prison if convicted at trial.
- Medicare Conditional Payments Claimants Can Now File Private Cause of Action Lawsuits
Primary plan employers or carriers have to pay damages to both Medicare and individual lawsuits for failure to pay conditional payments.
- Medically Underwritten Annuities
For senior citizens living with a chronic condition yet expect to live a long life, medically underwritten annuities may be the right annuity.