Eminent Domain Lawyers in the USA
Eminent Domain Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Eminent Domain Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Does a Fence Matter in Adverse Possession Cases?
Adverse possession occurs when the someone obtains the legal ownership of a house that he or she treats as his or hers with a timeframe sufficient enough that it appears to be his or her even when it is not originally.
- How Real Estate Lawyers Assist with the Condemnation Process
It is important to seek assistance when a property has started going through the condemnation process. This is when any local, state, federal or similar governmental agency seizes the private property of a citizen and then compensates the owner for the land or building.
- Ways Real Estate Lawyers Transfer Property
There are a number of ways in which real estate lawyers are able to transfer property from one owner to another. This is called conveyancing and is a legal means of property transfer.
- Government Buyout of Your Property: Your Top 10 Relocation Rights
In the event you as a business owner or homeowner or even a residential tenant are forced to move due to a government buyout, you are eligible for relocation expenses.
- A Novel Approach to Mortgage Crisis: Take Underwater Homes Through Eminent Domain
Richmond, California has developed a unique solution to the problem with homes that are underwater after the mortgage crisis. It is using the government's authority to take title to property through eminent domain to reduce the underwater mortgage debt in the city.
- Understanding Eminent Domain
Eminent domain, or the process by which the government takes property from private owners, can be a confusing process for many. The most common use of eminent domain is to obtain title to property used for roads and other public facilities. But, this is changing. Cases have held that eminent domain can also be used for the purpose of economic development. So how does eminent domain work?
- How Arbitrary and Nasty the Power of Eminent Domain Can Be
Seizure of the Barries' Colorado dream cabin shows how arbitrary and nasty the power of eminent domain can be.
- California Cities Canít Avoid Constitutional Liability for A Taking by Dissolving their Redevelopment Agencies
For years local redevelopment agencies were the bane of private property rights in California. Until recently these agencies were clothed with the power to seize private homes through eminent domain and then give that property to private developers like Costco or Wal-Mart, all in the name of community development.
- California Cities May Soon Snub the Constitution by Seizing Underwater Mortgages
Eminent domain lawyers analyze California cities seizing underwater mortgages through eminent domain.
- Before You Hire a Condemnation Attorney Ask These 9 Questions
When the government has condemned you land this is often referred to as eminent domain. When faced with eminent domain, you should consider obtaining the assistance of a condemnation attorney. Before you choose a condemnation lawyer to represent you, there are some questions that you may want to ask the attorneys you are interviewing: