Employee Benefits Lawyers in the USA
Employee Benefits Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Employee Benefits - Recent Legal Articles
- Legal Requirements for Freelancers
Freelancing legal requirements and aspects are often confusing to those that have only just started or that have not fully researched these matters. It is important for a freelancer to know what is legally required for the job, for tax purposes, the government and for his or her own personal protection.
- Won My EEOC Claim but Offer Is Low. Must I Accept, or Can a Lawyer Help Negotiate a Better Award?
When someone faces an employment matter where harassment or discrimination occurs, it is important to seek legal assistance to determine if a settlement is worth the trouble or if the employee should seek further compensation. This could lead to litigation.
- Am I Protected as a Whistleblower if Employer’s Criminal Activities Are Not Reported until after I Was Fired?
Before blowing the whistle on a supervisor or manager, it is important to ensure the employee is protected from the action. Even if the person was fired for an unrelated matter, it is imperative that the rights of the worker are protected from retaliation and adverse consequences.
- When Do Workers’ Compensation Benefits Start?
When a worker suffers an injury on the job, their first concern is typically how they will pay their medical bills on top of their regular expenses while they are out of work.
- Legal Checklist for Hiring New Employees
When hiring a new employee, it is important to understand the legal requirements associated with this relationship. There are several legal requirements that employers must be aware of in order to ensure that they comply with all relevant laws.
- New York State Issues Paid Family Leave Regulations Broadly Construing Circumstances Qualifying for Leave
In 2016, New York State enacted a bill, N.Y. State Senate Bill No. 3004-A, N.Y. State Assembly Bill No. A. 3870A (the “paid family leave law”).
- If I Quit my Job, Do I Forfeit any Bonus I had been Promised in Writing?
Employment usually brings in certain perks when in seniority or with certain careers. However, if the employment ends, many of the bonuses may be lost if the person leaves the company.
- Insurance Requirements Related to Temporary Workers
Insurance is not generally provided to temporary workers without certain factors in place. Because of this, any laws requiring a company to ensure insurance policies are available to employees that only work part-time or as temporary for the holiday seasons may be hard pressed into these types of coverage.
- When do Employers Have to Provide Time Off for Voting?
Federal law throughout the country does not provide the ability for employees to take time off from work in order to vote. However, most states nationally have certain protections in place if workers feel the need to leave the workplace and vote for the candidate they feel will do the best job.
- Can my Employer Withhold my Pension after I Lost a Whistleblower Case?
When a case is lost where an individual has attempted to reveal illegal or corrupt practices in the company, it is important not to admit defeat. There are other options available. However, if all requirements have been met for benefits through the business, and these have not been received, this could be other illegal actions taken on the part of the organization.