Employees Rights Lawyers in the USA
Employees Rights Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Employees Rights Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Liability of Employers and Payors of Funds in Child Support Matters
Employers and Payors of Funds may face contempt and other significant penalties if they fault to properly withhold proceeds from income or payments to someone who owe child support. Understanding the obligations is critical to avoiding potential liabilities.
- Breastfeeding Discrimination at Work
Breastfeeding is touted as the best method for feeding infants, yet until recent laws were enacted, breastfeeding mothers faced public and workplace discrimination.
- What Happens When You're Caught Between Your Doctor and Your Employer?
Can you be fired because your employer didn’t like the way your doctor filled out your medical leave forms?
- Determining an Independent Contractor vs. an Employee in California
California Labor Code defines an independent contractor in Section 3353. However, the state and the Internal Revenue Service have more carefully scrutinized the classification of a worker due to the rampant abuse of designating employees as independent contractors in order to avoid employer responsibilities.
- What Legal Claims Are there for People Harmed by Asbestos?
Asbestos exposure has been proven conclusively by scientists to be deadly to individuals that are around the material. It is important that employers protect workers from these potential hazards that affect the health of those exposed to asbestos.
- What Does the ADA Require for an Employment Accommodation?
The federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protections for disabled workers. One of these protections include providing a reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees.
- The Top 3 Ways Companies Avoid Paying Workers Overtime
How to tell if you’re getting shortchanged.
- What All Employees Should Know About the FMLA
When and why you can take FMLA leave.
- Is Wage Theft an Epidemic in the Restaurant Industry?
Philadelphia eatery under scrutiny from the feds.
- Unpaid Interns
The days of the “Unpaid Intern” are slowly fading away because unpaid internships pose significant risk to today’s employers. In the past, many people gained valuable on-the-job experience working as unpaid interns.