Employment Lawyers in the USA
Employment Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Employment Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Am I Being Subjected to a Hostile Work Environment?
When individuals hear the phrase “hostile work environment,” they may think that this means that a supervisor or owner of a business curses, hurls things at the wall or is intimating to employees. However, in legal terms, this is not the case. Instead, specific legal criteria must be met for a work environment to meet this legal threshold.
- Did Supervisor Manufacture Reasons to Fire Middle-Eastern Staffer?
Man told to ‘go work at 7-11 with your own kind’
- Calculating Overtime and Back Pay in Pennsylvania: Know these Quirks in the Law or Risk Losing Money
Pennsylvania law differs from federal law.
- Staffer Fired After Adding Disabled Spouse to Her Insurance Plan
Woman sues employer under association provision of ADA.
- Boy Scouts’ Employment Policies
The office of the New York State Attorney General has opened an investigation into the Boy Scouts of America to determine if the organization’s hiring policies discriminate against gays.
- How to File an Unpaid Wage Claim
Individuals who have not received the money that they are due for the work that they have already completed may choose to pursue an unpaid wage claim. This process may be completed through a state agency or a private cause of action.
- Pregnancy Is a Protected Class Under The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
Sex discrimination and harassment are prohibited in the California workplace under the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA).
- Discrimination Lawsuit Against Abercrombie & Fitch
In a vote of eight to one, the Supreme Court allowed Samantha Elauf to sue Abercrombie & Fitch for employment discrimination after the company would not hire her because she wore a traditional head scarf, or hijab.
- Age Discrimination in the Workplace
Employers often depend on their seasoned employees to train and guide newcomers about the specifics of a job.
- How Can I Win an Age Discrimination Lawsuit
As baby boomers represent a higher number of paid employees, the number of age discrimination complaints filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Between the years 1997 and 2007, approximately 16,000 to 19,000 complaints were filed a year. However, the number grew from 23,000 to 25,000 since 2008.