Employment Lawyers in the USA
Employment Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Employment Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Pennsylvania: Can My Boss Fire Me Because She Doesn’t Like Me?
What Pennsylvania law says about why you can and can’t be fired.
- I Have Not Received My Last Paycheck
When a person quits or is terminated, he or she may believe that he or she is entitled to the last paycheck immediately. However, this is often not the case. The employer may have a certain amount of time to provide this check to the employee. However, if the employer refuses to pay the employee for the hours he or she worked, the employee may have legal options to recover these unpaid wages.
- Can My Employer Force Me to Break the Law?
Due to the difference in the levels between employers and employees, an employer may sometimes try to take advantage of this greater power by requesting an employee to commit some illegal act to further business or personal interests.
- Can You Sue Your Boss for Teasing You about Being Gay (Even If You’re Not)?
Employee is harassed after not acting like a “man’s man”.
- Can You Be Fired for Pregnancy Complications?
Why it’s important for expectant mothers to know their rights.
- Chrysler Disability Discrimination
A commissioned salesperson at Nevada-based Liberty Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge LLC, was fired by the company after she notified her employer that she had recently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis.
- Marriage Equality Act Will Impact Workplace Benefits
In light of the U.S. Supreme Court’s recent ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges, the landscape for employer-based benefits for same-sex couples has been significantly altered.
- New Ruling on Impairment Rating Evaluation
A September, 2015 ruling by the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court has changed the ways an Impairment Rating Evaluation (IRE) will be used in Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation cases.
- Is Favoritism at Work Illegal?
When some employees receive favored treatment, it’s important to look at why
- Employment in the Digital Age
Advances in technology have significantly changed the workplace in the past five years or so.