Employment Lawyers in the USA
Employment Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Employment Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Layoff Laws that Protect Employees
Being laid off from a job can be one of the most stressful events a person can undergo in life. A loss of work and income can be emotionally difficult, financially burdensome, and present a variety of issues for an employee and his or her family.
- Worker Adjustment And Retraining Notification Act
The Department of Labor’s Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) requires employers to notify workers of company closings or layoffs 60 days in advance.
- Wal-Mart Protecting LGBTQ Employees
Wal-Mart Stores Inc. has recently joined the ranks of other large, influential companies striving to promote equal rights for their LGBTQ employees.
- Impact of Technology on Injury Claims
Our current culture is defined by the many rapid and intriguing technological developments. Futuristic technology has come to redefine roles throughout society, changing the ways that we live and making lives far easier.
- The Top 3 Ways Companies Avoid Paying Workers Overtime
How to tell if you’re getting shortchanged.
- Affordable Care Act: The Employer Shared Responsibility Provision and Seasonal Workers
The reporting requirements for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) will remain in effect for the 2017 reporting period, which covers 2016. Any legislative actions regarding repeal of the ACA will have a delay in full implementation.
- Why You Shouldn't Keep Quiet About Sexual Harassment
Unchecked harassment is likely to escalate
- What All Employees Should Know About the FMLA
When and why you can take FMLA leave.
- Workplace Burn Injuries & Workers' Compensation
Every year, over 5,000 American workers are injured in work-related fires and explosions. Many more suffer from chemical burns, and sun exposure burns.
- Scissor Lift Accidents on the Rise
If you are one of the many employees recently injured in an accident involving a “scissor lift,” you may be entitled to Workers’ Compensation benefits for your workplace injury.