Estate and Trust Lawyers in the USA
Estate and Trust Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Estate and Trust Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- What Is a Power of Attorney and Healthcare Proxy?
When a person hears the term “estate planning,” he or she often thinks about devising a will and maybe setting up a trust. For the most part, these tools focus primarily on what happens after a person passes away. However, much of creating an effective estate plan relies on having a plan in case you become incapacitated and are unable to make important decisions on your own. Two primary tools are used in this regard.
- What Are the Benefits of a Living Revocable Trust?
Many individuals choose to use a living revocable trust as part of their estate plan or for other purposes. Such trusts provide distinct advantages over wills or other devices.
- Child Emancipation and Disability in Colorado
Colorado child emancipation and disability cases can be complicated ones. This article addresses the basic issues with respect to state law.
- Estate Planning - Is a Trust Right for You?
Determining whether a Trust is right for you and your family can be a difficult decision. There are many factors which come into play and no estate plan is right for everyone.
- Inheritance Issues- Family Not Cooperating, What Are My Options?
Inheritances have specific rules that make them different than other kinds of assets. For example, an inheritance is usually treated as separate property, even in community property estates. If family friction has begun due to friction of learning about a future inheritance, steps can be made in the estate planning process to minimize conflict. Additionally, steps can also be taken after the testator dies to help deal with family problems.
- Cost-effective Probate Alternatives When a Person Dies Without a Will
If your loved one passed away without a will, Texas law provides several options for settling the affairs of his or her estate. This article explains several of these options.
- Initial Steps to Take When a Loved One Dies
When a loved one dies, the last thing that you want to do is to think about business. Having a checklist available during this stressful time can be very helpful and can help you remain calm while you are healing.
- If I Have Only a Small Estate, Do I Need More Than a Will to Meet My Estate Planning Needs?
The overall purpose of estate planning involves more than just passing your assets to your heirs at death.
- Don't Gamble With Gift Tax Returns
Beginning in 2011, the IRS started cracking down on taxpayers who did not file gift tax returns after making gifts that required reporting.
- Think You Got Game? Try Being like Santa. How Imitating Santa Can Help You Save Taxes This Year
Paying tax is painful. But reading about it shouldn't be.