Federal Law Lawyers in the USA
Federal Law Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Federal Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Reverse Mortgages and HECMs—What You Need To Know
Reverse mortgages can be a good option for homeowners at or near retirement age in need of additional income. But there are strings attached. Read on to learn what you need to know before starting the process.
- Wisconsin Voter ID Law Struck Down-What Could That Mean For Virginia?
A strict Voter ID law was struck down in Wisconsin, just as Virginia prepares to implement its own similar law.
- IRS Changing Terms for Offshore Account Holders
by Brown, PC
U.S. taxpayers hiding assets abroad should take note of the Internal Revenue Service’s plan to sharply increase penalties for such acts, while those who unintentionally fail to disclose offshore accounts will experience much more leniency.
- Healthcare Fraud Whistleblower Lawsuits Plentiful
A large portion of the whistleblower lawsuits that are filed are related to the healthcare industry. The government funding of Medicare and Medicaid has lead to the large number of complaints related to healthcare fraud.
- Can I Get Disability For PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?
I often hear the same questions over and over again related to specific injuries or aliments and whether or not they qualify a person to receive Social Security Disability benefits. This article deals with the question "Can I Get Disability For PTSD?"
- Whistleblowers Helping the Public By Exposing Fraud
The 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act was enacted to assist the government with discovering financial fraud. A recent SEC whistleblower received a $14 million dollar reward for reporting a real estate scam.
- Whistleblower Reward Is $63.9 Million In JP Morgan Mortgage Fraud Case
A whistleblower will receive $63.9 million for providing information to the government that lead to a recovery.
- Federal Whistleblower Complaints Can Be Filed Online
Whistleblowers are now able to file certain complaints online. Whistleblower complaints that are overseen by OSHA can be filed online.
- The California Coastal Commission Reviews Fracking Along the California Coast
by Kassouni Law
Whether the California Coastal Commission Eventually Regulates Fracking On the Outer Continental Shelf Will Have More to Do with Federalism than Science
- Whistleblower False Claims Case Settles for $6.5 Million
A $6.5 million dollar settlement has been reached in a federal whistleblower lawsuit. There were allegations that a military contractor had submitted inflated bills to the government.