Franchising Lawyers in the USA
Franchising Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Franchising - Recent Legal Articles
- Florida Franchise Law: Do I Want to Be Part of a Franchise?
There are a number of good reasons to be part of a franchise relationship. For prospective franchisees (the person buying on a franchise), one initial consideration may be the minimization of start-up costs. In exchange for upfront payments and/or monthly fees, the franchisor provides a ready-made business foundation.
- Considering Purchasing a Franchise in California?
Get Your Franchise Lawyer Involved Early.
- Rights in a California Franchise Dispute
Many small business owners choose to open a franchise for various reasons. Franchise arrangements allow a new, inexperienced business owner to experience some of the benefits of small business ownership without having to completely “go it alone.”
- Can State Law Trump Your Franchise Agreement?
Before entering into a franchise agreement, it is absolutely essential for prospective franchisees to have the terms reviewed and negotiated by an experienced franchise attorney.
- How to Properly Assess a Franchise Opportunity
Investing in a franchise is attractive for many people seeking to own their own business since you are purchasing a proven business model and get assistance from the franchisor in marketing and other important business operations.
- Selling a Business: How to Find the Right Buyer and Secure the Best Price for Your Company
Selling a business that you have started from scratch or spent a good part of your life to build can be stressful. You want to find the right buyer who will keep things going while still getting the best possible price when you’re ready to cash out all that sweat equity.
- How to Do Your Due Diligence on a Franchise Opportunity
Franchisors are required by law to provide potential franchisees with a Franchise Disclosure Document but there are also things you should be doing on your own as part of a good due diligence process, including the following.
- How to Prepare for the Sale of Your Florida Business
Selling your Florida business was probably the last thing on your mind when you were working so hard just to get it off the ground.
- Franchise Warning Signs You Should Never Ignore
If you are considering buying a franchise, there are several warning signs you should not ignore. Of the more than 3,000 franchises available for investment today, a majority of them provide wonderful opportunities for entrepreneurs. However, there are also some bad apples that should be avoided. So how can you tell the difference?
- Area Development and Representative Agreements; Sub-Franchisors and Master Franchisees
Franchise law for area development, area representatives, sub-franchisors and master franchisees.