Fraud Lawyers in the USA
Fraud Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Fraud Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- I Feel I Got Ripped Off at The Auto Dealership, What Can I Do?
If you have purchased a vehicle and feel that you got a bad deal, you may have recourse against the dealer by using one or more of the following tactics:
- The US Department of Justice Joins Whistleblower Lawsuits Against UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Whistleblowers brought two False Claims Act lawsuits for Medicare fraud against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. the first in 2011 and the second in 2014. The U.S. Department of Justice joins these whistleblower lawsuits against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. for Medicare fraud.
- Did a Life Insurance Company Wrongfully Deny a Life or Diability Claim?
Individuals and families purchase life insurance policies for one reason: peace of mind. The purpose of life insurance is to provide protection in the rare but devastating event of the death of a loved one.
- Wisconsin Voter ID Law Struck Down-What Could That Mean For Virginia?
A strict Voter ID law was struck down in Wisconsin, just as Virginia prepares to implement its own similar law.
- Fraud Technical Advisors: An End-Run Around Tweel?
United States v. Tweel is the most famous example of a motion to suppress in a tax case. In Tweel, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals held that it constitutes trickery, fraud, and deceit for the IRS to conduct a criminal investigation under the guise of a civil examination. Because of how fact-sensitive the holding of this case is, a recitation of the facts is necessary.
- Healthcare Fraud Whistleblower Lawsuits Plentiful
A large portion of the whistleblower lawsuits that are filed are related to the healthcare industry. The government funding of Medicare and Medicaid has lead to the large number of complaints related to healthcare fraud.
- Choosing a California Criminal Defense Attorney
Californian criminal defense is a complex field, involving numerous state and federal statuses, as well as other regulations. Thereby, if you happen to need a criminal defense, itís imperative to make an informed decision when choosing an expert attorney.
- Ten Ways To Avoid Becoming a Guest of ďClub FedĒ
Contrary to popular belief, the IRS doesnít want to throw you in jail. Criminal investigations consume a lot of resources, take time, and are expensive. For most taxpayers, a criminal investigation isnít a first step, but rather the last step in a lengthy process to get you to resolve your tax debt. In other words, itís rare that an agent will show up on your doorstep one day with cuffs in hand.
- Stock Risk Comes With Some Life Insurance Policies
The rising stock market has also broadened the appeal of certain investments such as variable universal life and indexed universal life insurance policies that are linked to stock performance.
- California Insurance Agent Sentenced For Financial Fraud That Targeted Seniors
A Los Angeles area insurance agent accused of defrauding senior citizens will spend five years in jail and was ordered by the court to pay $1.2 million to compensate his victims.