Fraud Lawyers in the USA
Fraud Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Fraud Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Scam Using HG.org Logo and name of Lawyer Ramon Pérez Lucena in Portugal
Updated March 2015 - If you received a letter from this scammer, please contact HG.org at http://www.hg.org/contactus.asp. We are gathering information about a scam using the HG.org logo. The letters are sent by a scammer using the name of lawyer office Ramon Pérez Lucena. The letters are mailed from Valencia, Spain. The scammer requests 50-50 split on €7.5 million left in an account.
- Seniors Should be Cautious When Purchasing Deferred Annuities
Financial Conduct Authority says the deferred annuities market is messy, so seniors and elders need to be more careful when buying.
- 5 Ways to Avoid Becoming the Victim of Curbstoning in an Auto Sale
Most lemon laws apply to dealers only, not to private sellers. Because of this some unscrupulous dealers attempt to sidestep the laws altogether by using a system called curbstoning.
- Seniors and Elders Remain Alert for Annuity & Insurance Scams
In the world of investment, seniors and elders are prime targets for financial scams. To protect yourself, read on to learn about the different schemes.
- How to Avoid Trade-In Auto Fraud
Trading in your old car to help pay for a new one at the dealership may seem like a good way to shave off the cost of a new car. However, not all trade-in transactions are handled in an honest manner, and this can lead to unfortunate results for consumers.
- I Feel I Got Ripped Off at The Auto Dealership, What Can I Do?
If you have purchased a vehicle and feel that you got a bad deal, you may have recourse against the dealer by using one or more of the following tactics:
- The US Department of Justice Joins Whistleblower Lawsuits Against UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Whistleblowers brought two False Claims Act lawsuits for Medicare fraud against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. the first in 2011 and the second in 2014. The U.S. Department of Justice joins these whistleblower lawsuits against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. for Medicare fraud.
- Did a Life Insurance Company Wrongfully Deny a Life or Diability Claim?
Individuals and families purchase life insurance policies for one reason: peace of mind. The purpose of life insurance is to provide protection in the rare but devastating event of the death of a loved one.
- Wisconsin Voter ID Law Struck Down-What Could That Mean For Virginia?
A strict Voter ID law was struck down in Wisconsin, just as Virginia prepares to implement its own similar law.
- Fraud Technical Advisors: An End-Run Around Tweel?
United States v. Tweel is the most famous example of a motion to suppress in a tax case. In Tweel, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals held that it constitutes trickery, fraud, and deceit for the IRS to conduct a criminal investigation under the guise of a civil examination. Because of how fact-sensitive the holding of this case is, a recitation of the facts is necessary.