Government Contracts Lawyers in the USA
Government Contracts Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Government Contracts Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Georgia's Doctrine of Sovereign Immunity Does Not Prevent Surety from Suing State
In a very recent case, the Georgia Supreme Court upheld the lower courts' decisions to allow a performance bond company (who had to complete a public works project) to sue the State of Georgia for its default.
- 8 Simple Changes To Improve Your Construction Contracts
In today's cut-and-paste world, even leading contract attorneys make mistakes. If you want to make your contracts easier to read and promote a problem-free project, then consider implementing some of the changes which we have suggested here.
- Don't Make a Mistake--Read Your Contract
Last week, the Georgia Court of Appeals rendered a decision which is detrimental to subcontractor who do not thoroughly read and understand their construction contracts. The contract included a provision which made the individual signing the contract on behalf of the subcontract company personally liable for the contract's performance. The court permitted this provision to be enforced against the signatory.
- Whistleblower Reward Is $63.9 Million In JP Morgan Mortgage Fraud Case
A whistleblower will receive $63.9 million for providing information to the government that lead to a recovery.
- Whistleblower False Claims Case Settles for $6.5 Million
A $6.5 million dollar settlement has been reached in a federal whistleblower lawsuit. There were allegations that a military contractor had submitted inflated bills to the government.
- Due Process of Law Rights of Government Contractors who are Denied Work or Public Contract Bidding Rights
Due process of law rights of government contractors who are denied work or public bidding rights due to “de facto debarment“ from federal, state or local government bidding or public contracting for alleged unethical conduct or due to bid or bidder non-responsibility determinations by a public agency on a government contract.
- Substitution of Subcontractors Listed by Mistake in Bidding on a California Public Works Construction Contract
Correction of subcontractor listing errors and substitution of subcontractors listed by mistake in bidding on a California public works construction contract, per public contract code sec. 4107.5.
- Defense Contractor Fraud
The False Claims Act (“FCA”) is particularly important in the area of defense contracts. In fact, the FCA was enacted due to the sever abuses which occurred at the hands of many defense contractors and corrupt officials who fraudulently procured payment for the necessities of war, such as ships, food, supplies, and weapons, to the detriment of the United States military.(1) By: Joel M. Androphyi and Rachel L. Grier
- False Claims Act Liability for Treble Damages on Government Contracts under California Law
Federal, State, and local public agencies have a powerful club to beat back or recover for fraudulent or exaggerated contractor and subcontractor claims against them, in the form of State and Federal False Claims laws.
- California Contractors’ Licensing Law Requirements, and Risks for Unlicensed Contractors and Property Owners
California Contractors’ Licensing Law Requirements, and the Adverse Effects to Unlicensed Contractors and Property Owners From the Failure of a Builder to be “Duly Licensed” as Required By the California Contractor’s License Law.