Government Contracts Lawyers in the USA
Government Contracts Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Government Contracts Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Whistleblower Reward Is $63.9 Million In JP Morgan Mortgage Fraud Case
A whistleblower will receive $63.9 million for providing information to the government that lead to a recovery.
- Whistleblower False Claims Case Settles for $6.5 Million
A $6.5 million dollar settlement has been reached in a federal whistleblower lawsuit. There were allegations that a military contractor had submitted inflated bills to the government.
- Due Process of Law Rights of Government Contractors who are Denied Work or Public Contract Bidding Rights
Due process of law rights of government contractors who are denied work or public bidding rights due to “de facto debarment“ from federal, state or local government bidding or public contracting for alleged unethical conduct or due to bid or bidder non-responsibility determinations by a public agency on a government contract.
- Substitution of Subcontractors Listed by Mistake in Bidding on a California Public Works Construction Contract
Correction of subcontractor listing errors and substitution of subcontractors listed by mistake in bidding on a California public works construction contract, per public contract code sec. 4107.5.
- Defense Contractor Fraud
The False Claims Act (“FCA”) is particularly important in the area of defense contracts. In fact, the FCA was enacted due to the sever abuses which occurred at the hands of many defense contractors and corrupt officials who fraudulently procured payment for the necessities of war, such as ships, food, supplies, and weapons, to the detriment of the United States military.(1) By: Joel M. Androphyi and Rachel L. Grier
- False Claims Act Liability for Treble Damages on Government Contracts under California Law
Federal, State, and local public agencies have a powerful club to beat back or recover for fraudulent or exaggerated contractor and subcontractor claims against them, in the form of State and Federal False Claims laws.
- California Contractors’ Licensing Law Requirements, and Risks for Unlicensed Contractors and Property Owners
California Contractors’ Licensing Law Requirements, and the Adverse Effects to Unlicensed Contractors and Property Owners From the Failure of a Builder to be “Duly Licensed” as Required By the California Contractor’s License Law.
- Delay Claims, Changed Conditions Claims and Extra Work Claims in California Public Contract Law
As is the case on private construction projects or contracts, there are many events on public works projects which make it necessary for a contractor or subcontractor to file claims for extra compensation or extra time to complete a project.
- Whistleblower Lawsuits and Rewards under California False Claims Act Law
Qui Tam or Whistleblower Lawsuits for Fraud on Government Contracts or Public Contracts under the California False Claims Act, and California Law on the Statute of Limitations.
- California Whistleblower Qui Tam False Claims Act Lawsuits for Treble Damages on Government Contracts
The California and Federal Laws on False Claims on Government Contracts and Public Works Contracts create the risk of Liability for Treble damages, Civil Penalties and disbarment in WhistleBlower Qui Tam Lawsuits for all government contractors which could effectively wipe out any possible profits on public contracts.