Green Cards Lawyers in the USA
Green Cards Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Green Cards Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Retention of I-140 Priority Date for a Subsequent Employment-Based Petition
A beneficiary of an approved I-140 petition for the first, second or third preference category may retain the priority date of the approved petition for any subsequently filed first, second or third category employment-based petition.
- Immigration Report on Detention Centers Housing Women & Children
Little has changed in the level of care for detained women and children
- DACA Renewals - Plus DACA to Green Card
On June 5, the DHS Secretary announced the process for persons who have received work permits (EADs) under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) programs to renew their DACA status and work permits for another 2 years. Also, we describe the process by which persons in DACA status can obtain green cards.
- Obama Could Double the Number of Green Cards
In response to Congress’ failure to fix our broken immigration system, President Obama has promised to take action regarding immigration before the end of the summer.
- H-1B lottery odds are less than 50%, apply for an EB Green Card now
In 2014, when over 172,000 petitions were filed for 85,000 visas, immigration lawyers had the following advice for the H-1B lottery losers.
- June 2015 Visa Bulletin: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The June 2015 Visa Bulletin contains a bit of good news for persons in certain employment-based (EB) categories. However, for others, like Chinese investors, the news is mostly bad. For Filipino professionals and Mexicans and Filipinos in some of the family-based (FB) categories, the news is downright ugly.
- Going from Student Visa to Green Card
When a student decides to come to America to pursue an education, he or she often does so with the thought of remaining here to pursue a dream. Unfortunately, many do not realize that it can be quite difficult to obtain a different legal status and the right to work like a naturalized citizen. So, how can one remain in America after finishing school?
- When Can a Family Member's Nationality Grant Someone Else American Citizenship
It is quite common for people to want to help their relatives gain US citizenship. But, is it just as easy as marrying someone and they immediately have citizenship? Not anymore.
- How Do I Help My Spouse in Another Country Become a Legal Permanent Resident?
The United States provides a special visa for a person who is engaged to a United States citizen to come to the United States to get married. However, the process works a little differently when the spouses marry abroad.
- What Happens When a Person is Charged with Illegal Reentry?
Returning to the United States after being deported or removed is a violation of federal law. Alleged offenders could be sentenced to prison before being returned to their home countries—where they could face additional consequences as well.