Insurance Lawyers in the USA
Insurance Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Insurance Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- The US Department of Justice Joins Whistleblower Lawsuits Against UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Whistleblowers brought two False Claims Act lawsuits for Medicare fraud against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. the first in 2011 and the second in 2014. The U.S. Department of Justice joins these whistleblower lawsuits against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. for Medicare fraud.
- Did a Life Insurance Company Wrongfully Deny a Life or Diability Claim?
Individuals and families purchase life insurance policies for one reason: peace of mind. The purpose of life insurance is to provide protection in the rare but devastating event of the death of a loved one.
- How To Deal With Sneaky Insurance Adjusters
If you need compensation for injuries due to an accident, you need to be aware of one important thing—insurance companies are in business to make—not give away—money!
- Wrongful Denials
Your personal injury attorney can explain the concept of “bad faith” and how insurers may conduct themselves in this manner by wrongfully denying claims.
- Class Action Lawsuit Against Life Partners Will Move Forward Following Judge’s Ruling
A Texas judge has rejected a motion by Life Partners Holdings, Inc. to toss a class action lawsuit filed by investors who allege they were misled by the life settlements company. Three Life Partners executives were also named in the lawsuit, which alleges that the company fraudulently misrepresented the nature of life settlements that were sold to investors, making them appear more valuable than they actually were.
- Rhode Island Car Accidents and Ride Sharing
Consumers should be aware of the rising popularity of ride sharing companies and their potential effect on insurance coverage after a car accident.
- Aetna Disability Benefit Denial Overturned by Court Due to Flawed Vocational Assessment Report
An Arkansas Court recently overturned an Aetna denial of long term disability benefits because Aetna relied on a flawed vocational assessment report which listed jobs that the claimant was not actually qualified to perform.
- California Insurance Agent Sentenced For Financial Fraud That Targeted Seniors
A Los Angeles area insurance agent accused of defrauding senior citizens will spend five years in jail and was ordered by the court to pay $1.2 million to compensate his victims.
- Flood vs. Water Damage Claims: Why You Need to Know the Difference
So how do you know what’s covered and by which policy? That will mainly depend on the specific wording in your policy, but there are some features that are pretty much the same in all cases. Here’s a basic breakdown of flood and water damage insurance.
- What is PIP Car Insurance and How Does it Work
A detailed explanation on U.S P1P type insurance coverage and some of the areas that this type of insurance policy covers in the event of an auto accident.