Insurance Lawyers in the USA
Insurance Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Insurance Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Things to Know before Purchasing Deferred Variable Annuities
Seniors and elders, are you aware that deferred variable annuities may not be beneficial? If not, read on to learn about the risks of buying annuities.
- Concerns Buyers Should Know About Indexed Universal Life Policies
Indexed Universal Life insurance policies are a rather popular type of life insurance. However, there are several concerns associated with Indexed Universal Life policies that one should be familiar with.
- The US Department of Justice Joins Whistleblower Lawsuits Against UnitedHealth Group Inc.
Whistleblowers brought two False Claims Act lawsuits for Medicare fraud against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. the first in 2011 and the second in 2014. The U.S. Department of Justice joins these whistleblower lawsuits against UnitedHealth Group, Inc. for Medicare fraud.
- Did a Life Insurance Company Wrongfully Deny a Life or Diability Claim?
Individuals and families purchase life insurance policies for one reason: peace of mind. The purpose of life insurance is to provide protection in the rare but devastating event of the death of a loved one.
- How To Deal With Sneaky Insurance Adjusters
If you need compensation for injuries due to an accident, you need to be aware of one important thing—insurance companies are in business to make—not give away—money!
- Wrongful Denials
Your personal injury attorney can explain the concept of “bad faith” and how insurers may conduct themselves in this manner by wrongfully denying claims.
- Class Action Lawsuit Against Life Partners Will Move Forward Following Judge’s Ruling
A Texas judge has rejected a motion by Life Partners Holdings, Inc. to toss a class action lawsuit filed by investors who allege they were misled by the life settlements company. Three Life Partners executives were also named in the lawsuit, which alleges that the company fraudulently misrepresented the nature of life settlements that were sold to investors, making them appear more valuable than they actually were.
- Rhode Island Car Accidents and Ride Sharing
Consumers should be aware of the rising popularity of ride sharing companies and their potential effect on insurance coverage after a car accident.
- Aetna Disability Benefit Denial Overturned by Court Due to Flawed Vocational Assessment Report
An Arkansas Court recently overturned an Aetna denial of long term disability benefits because Aetna relied on a flawed vocational assessment report which listed jobs that the claimant was not actually qualified to perform.
- California Insurance Agent Sentenced For Financial Fraud That Targeted Seniors
A Los Angeles area insurance agent accused of defrauding senior citizens will spend five years in jail and was ordered by the court to pay $1.2 million to compensate his victims.