Jones Act Lawyers in the USA
Jones Act Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
Jones Act Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act Addresses Workers’ Compensation Claims
The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act enables seamen to receive workers’ compensation claims when injured. While not one and the same, both the Jones Act and workers’ compensation award injured seamen monies on the job. With workers’ compensation, employees simply need to be injured on the job to receive medical and financials benefits.
- Difference between Initial Jones Act Settlements and a Fair Value of Damages
For Jones Act settlements, many injured seamen are quick to take any offer given by their employer. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans can offer advice on a Jones Act claim.
- How the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 May Impact A Maritime Injury Claim
The Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act, is a law that protects injured maritime workers, whom a Louisiana Jones Act lawyer can represent.
- Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries: Calculating Lost Tips as Part of Wages in a Claim
Workers injured in cruise ship accidents may recover lost wages if employer negligence is to blame. Tips may be estimated based on averages and income tax returns.
- Louisiana Jones Act Claims: Types of Wrongful Death Compensation
Wrongful death lawyers can file Jones Act on behalf of surviving family members. Wrongful death compensation could include medical costs, lost earnings and more.
- OSHA Regulations for Maritime Professions
OSHA regulations for maritime professions include rules pertaining to shipyard employment, marine terminals and longshoring. Coast Guard rules may apply to vessels at sea.
- OSHA Safety Standards for Vessels: Ship Fire Safety
There are OSHA safety standards for vessels that employers must enforce to ensure ship fire safety. Violating standards could result in a Jones Act maritime claim.
- Maritime Lawsuits Resulting from Slips, Trips and Falls
Maritime lawsuits can result from seamen being injured by slips, trips and falls while on the job.
- Parties Who Can File Lawsuits for Emotional Distress Under the Jones Act
Lawsuits for emotional distress can be filed by injured maritime workers and others. On the Gulf Coast, contact a Jones Act maritime attorney at The Young Firm.
- Filing a Jones Act Claim: Accident Reports and Recorded Statements
Filing a Jones Act claim doesn’t necessitate an accident report or a recorded statement. If you’ve been injured at sea, a Gulf Coast maritime attorney can review your case.