Jones Act Lawyers in the USA
Jones Act Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Jones Act Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Cruise Ship Claims
A vacation aboard a cruise ship can be a memorable experience, an affordable, all-inclusive vacation option, and a great way to see exotic ports of call. But, what happens when something goes wrong and your memories end up being of sickness, injury, inadequate medical care, fire, being stranded, crime, or even the wrongful death of a loved one?
- Difference between Jones Act and Workers’ Compensation Claim
Workers’ compensation and Jones Act maritime injury claims are very different. The only similarity is that they provide compensation for injured employees.
- Settling a Jones Act Claim Out of Court
There are times when settling a Jones Act claim out of court may lead to more compensation and ultimately be the best option for an injured maritime worker.
- Legal Options for Maritime Employees Not Covered Under the Jones Act
Even when maritime employees don’t meet the Jones Act claim requisites for a maritime accident, there’re still other legal options available through a Louisiana maritime lawyer.
- Seamen Need to Know about the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002
Congress passed the Maritime Transportation Security Act of 2002 to increase maritime safety. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans explains what seamen need to know.
- The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act Addresses Workers’ Compensation Claims
The Longshore and Harbor Workers Act enables seamen to receive workers’ compensation claims when injured. While not one and the same, both the Jones Act and workers’ compensation award injured seamen monies on the job. With workers’ compensation, employees simply need to be injured on the job to receive medical and financials benefits.
- Difference between Initial Jones Act Settlements and a Fair Value of Damages
For Jones Act settlements, many injured seamen are quick to take any offer given by their employer. A Louisiana maritime attorney in New Orleans can offer advice on a Jones Act claim.
- How the Merchant Marine Act of 1920 May Impact A Maritime Injury Claim
The Merchant Marine Act of 1920, also known as the Jones Act, is a law that protects injured maritime workers, whom a Louisiana Jones Act lawyer can represent.
- Cruise Ship Accidents & Injuries: Calculating Lost Tips as Part of Wages in a Claim
Workers injured in cruise ship accidents may recover lost wages if employer negligence is to blame. Tips may be estimated based on averages and income tax returns.
- Louisiana Jones Act Claims: Types of Wrongful Death Compensation
Wrongful death lawyers can file Jones Act on behalf of surviving family members. Wrongful death compensation could include medical costs, lost earnings and more.