Land Use and Zoning Lawyers in the USA
Land Use and Zoning Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Land Use and Zoning Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Property Easements
An introduction to the different types of property easements, how to determine their location on a parcel of land, and what is required of the property owner.
- Government Buyout of Your Property: Your Top 10 Relocation Rights
In the event you as a business owner or homeowner or even a residential tenant are forced to move due to a government buyout, you are eligible for relocation expenses.
- California's Loss of Tesla's $6 Billion Battery Factory
A question of free market vs. government over-regulation to address the issue of environmental sustainability.
- Dust Up Between Surfers and Kholsa Could Spell the End of Private Beach Access in California
Should a property owner have to get a coastal development permit before he can close the gate to his private property? The Surfrider Foundation thinks so, and if it wins its current lawsuit against Vinod Khosla that could soon be the law of the land in California.
- The Situation with Clive Bundy in Nevada Shows the True Cost of Government Regulations
To say that the situation in Nevada between federal officials and cattle rancher Clive Bundy has gotten out of hand would be an understatement.
- Closing Problems & Pitfalls
Occasionally unexpected issues arise that delay, or even stop, a real estate closing. There are also situations in which a Purchaser obtains title to property, and after closing learns that the property is subject to significant problems that would have been disclosed by the advice of an attorney or the review of a survey. Here are four recent examples:
- How Arbitrary and Nasty the Power of Eminent Domain Can Be
Seizure of the Barries' Colorado dream cabin shows how arbitrary and nasty the power of eminent domain can be.
- The Unfortunate Rise of Civil Asset Forfeiture
The rise of civil asset forfeiture as a means of increasing government revenues.
- California Cities Canít Avoid Constitutional Liability for A Taking by Dissolving their Redevelopment Agencies
For years local redevelopment agencies were the bane of private property rights in California. Until recently these agencies were clothed with the power to seize private homes through eminent domain and then give that property to private developers like Costco or Wal-Mart, all in the name of community development.
- California Cities May Soon Snub the Constitution by Seizing Underwater Mortgages
Eminent domain lawyers analyze California cities seizing underwater mortgages through eminent domain.