Qui Tam False Claims Act Lawyers in the USA
Qui Tam False Claims Act Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Qui Tam False Claims Act Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Whistleblower Reward Is $63.9 Million In JP Morgan Mortgage Fraud Case
A whistleblower will receive $63.9 million for providing information to the government that lead to a recovery.
- Federal Whistleblower Complaints Can Be Filed Online
Whistleblowers are now able to file certain complaints online. Whistleblower complaints that are overseen by OSHA can be filed online.
- $48 Million Settlement in Medicare Fraud Case
A California based nursing home operator has agreed to pay $48 million dollars in a settlement related to two whistleblower lawsuits.
- Securities and Exchange Commission Saved $439 Million For Whistleblower Rewards
The Securities and Exchange Commission has saved money to spend on it's whistleblower rewards program. It is likely that there will be larger rewards in the future as tips have increased recently.
- For-Profit Nursing Home Employees May Have Whistleblower Claims
A recent study found that the federal government pays a significant amount of money, for Medicare fraud, to for-profit nursing homes.
- Government Involvement in a False Claims Act Case
Blowing the whistle on fraud that is committed at the expense of U.S. taxpayers is, generally, governed by the federal False Claims Act. The Act allows a private citizen to step into the shoes of and pursue a claim on behalf of the government.
- No Impact on Whistleblower Claims after Off-Label Drugs Ruling
Although off-label prescription drugs are involved in many False Claims Act cases, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals recent decision looks unlikely to have any major impact on whistleblower lawsuits.
- Whistleblower Rewards: A Reason for Taking a Risk
There are risks to blowing the whistle on illegal, corrupt or fraudulent business practices, but there are also protections and incentives built into the process as well.
- The Effect of Government Intervention on a Whistleblower Award
The False Claims Act was designed to provide an award to encourage potential whistleblowers to come forward and take steps to stop the waste of taxpayer dollars.
- Indigenous Women Share Perspectives on Violence at United Nations
Women have historically been subjected to legal discrimination based on their gender. With the passage of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C.A. § 2000e et seq.), women are able to use the law to fight sex discrimination in employment, education, domestic relations.