Sexual Harassment Lawyers in the USA
Sexual Harassment Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Sexual Harassment - Recent Legal Articles
- What To Do if You Are the Victim of Workplace Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment is a form of discrimination prohibited by both Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and by state laws, which may offer additional protections against workplace sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination.
- Can You Recognize the 2 Main Types of Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment on the job can take many forms. Sometimes it’s obvious. For example, if a supervisor promises you a promotion in exchange for sex, you’re probably going to quickly realize that something is amiss.
- Employment Discrimination: Expert Witnesses Explain Workplace Discrimination based on Gender Bias
In some situations, an employee may complain of sexual discrimination that is not necessarily sexual in nature. An employee may not be being harassed for sexual favors. Instead, he or she may be harassed because of gender bias or stereotypes. This type of discrimination is also illegal.
- Online Harassment of Military Servicewomen
The Pentagon and Congress are facing heat regarding their stance (or lack thereof) toward sexual harassment and cyber bullying in a series of recent scandals in the military.
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination at Sterling Jewelers
Sterling Jewelers, the parent company of Kay Jewelers and Jared Galleria of Jewelry have recently had hundreds of former employees come forward with a variety of allegations, from sexual harassment to discrimination.
- How Should My Company in New York Address a Worker’s Complaint of Hostile Work Environment Harassment?
In New York, hostile work environment harassment involves conduct so objectively offensive as to alter the conditions of the victim’s environment, which is subjectively perceived as hostile or intimidating.
- Sexual Harassment Laws in New Jersey
Much like at the federal level, sexual harassment is prohibited by the state of New Jersey. It is quite important for you to know your rights in case you become a victim of sexual harassment.
- Employment Discrimination – Different Types of Discrimination in the Workplace
Discrimination in the workplace is a common occurrence that has been fought for decades. While the advent of the civil rights abolished the overt and obvious forms of different discrimination practices, they still transpire in companies across the United States.
- What to Do if You’ve Been Sexually Harassed at Work
What steps to take if your company blows off your complaint
- Why You Shouldn't Keep Quiet About Sexual Harassment
Unchecked harassment is likely to escalate