Social Security Disability Lawyers in the USA
Social Security Disability Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Social Security Disability Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- What Is the Sequential Evaluation Process in Social Security Disability Claims?
The Social Security Administration utilizes a five-step sequential process in which the administration determines whether a claimant meets the definition for being disabled. The steps are followed in the exact order. If a decision is made at any step, the other steps remain uncompleted. However, if the Social Security Administration is unable to make a determination, representatives continue to the next step.
- A Social Security Disability Lawyer Helps You Get the SSD Benefits You Deserve
If you have been seriously injured or have developed an illness that keeps you from working, contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer for help.
- When You Need a Lawyer for Your Social Security Claim
Anyone in need of social security disability benefits knows that money can be an enormous concern when you cannot work. Thus, you may be reluctant to hire an attorney to pursue a claim for social security. Still, there may be both costs and benefits associated with hiring a social security attorney, and you should know what they are before making up your mind.
- How Disability Attorneys Handle Social Security Claims
While every disability law firm handles cases slightly differently, there are many similarities between the firms. Here is an overview of how a disability attorney handles Social Security claims.
- Repetitive Job Duties and Work-Related Claims Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
Certain types of repetitive work activities can either cause, or aggravate symptoms in areas of the body, including the knees, arms, shoulders, back and neck. The types of activities and jobs are virtually unlimited, and can be the subject of considerable litigation.
- Can I be Terminated if I am Disabled and Collecting Workers' Compensation Benefits in New York?
My clients are often surprised to learn that even after devoting many years of loyalty to a company, that he or she is subject to termination, even after suffering a work related injury.
- Mental Stress Injuries under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The New York State Workers' Compensation Law provides for indemnity and medical benefits if a claim is found to be work related. One of the more controversial aspects of a work related claim occurs when an injured worker alleges stress, anxiety or depression as a result of employment.
- Can an Injured Worker in New York State Collect Both Workers' Compensation and Unemployment?
It may seem to run contrary to common sense, but it is possible to collect both workers' compensation and unemployment benefits. However, an injured worker should be aware of the limitations of each program.
- Independant Contractor vs. Employee Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The determination of whether an injured worker is an independent contractor or an employee involves a variety of tests and factors. The ultimate decision is critical, as it can determine whether benefits under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law are payable by the employer.
- Is an Attorney Needed in a New York State Workers' Compensation Claim?
An employee injured in New York State will likely have to decide whether to retain a workers' compensation lawyer to assist in the claim. For a myriad of reasons, more often than not it makes sense to secure the services of an experienced attorney.