Social Security Disability Lawyers in the USA
Social Security Disability Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Social Security Disability Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- How Disability Attorneys Handle Social Security Claims
While every disability law firm handles cases slightly differently, there are many similarities between the firms. Here is an overview of how a disability attorney handles Social Security claims.
- Repetitive Job Duties and Work-Related Claims Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
Certain types of repetitive work activities can either cause, or aggravate symptoms in areas of the body, including the knees, arms, shoulders, back and neck. The types of activities and jobs are virtually unlimited, and can be the subject of considerable litigation.
- Can I be Terminated if I am Disabled and Collecting Workers' Compensation Benefits in New York?
My clients are often surprised to learn that even after devoting many years of loyalty to a company, that he or she is subject to termination, even after suffering a work related injury.
- Mental Stress Injuries under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The New York State Workers' Compensation Law provides for indemnity and medical benefits if a claim is found to be work related. One of the more controversial aspects of a work related claim occurs when an injured worker alleges stress, anxiety or depression as a result of employment.
- Can an Injured Worker in New York State Collect Both Workers' Compensation and Unemployment?
It may seem to run contrary to common sense, but it is possible to collect both workers' compensation and unemployment benefits. However, an injured worker should be aware of the limitations of each program.
- Independant Contractor vs. Employee Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The determination of whether an injured worker is an independent contractor or an employee involves a variety of tests and factors. The ultimate decision is critical, as it can determine whether benefits under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law are payable by the employer.
- Is an Attorney Needed in a New York State Workers' Compensation Claim?
An employee injured in New York State will likely have to decide whether to retain a workers' compensation lawyer to assist in the claim. For a myriad of reasons, more often than not it makes sense to secure the services of an experienced attorney.
- Disability Benefits for Fibromyalgia: Why you Might Need it
Living with Fibromyalgia is no walk in the park for anybody, but there is help for it if you know where to look. Getting disability benefits for Fibromyalgia is possible, but first you have to understand the disease. Talking to your doctor is a great place to get the answers you seek, but you can still do your own homework. When all is said and done, you ultimately need to know why you might need help with this sometimes debilitating ailment.
- Prisoners and Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits can be paid to people who have recently worked and paid Social Security taxes and are unable to work because of a serious medical condition that is expected to last at least a year or result in death. The fact that a person is a recent parolee or is unemployed does not qualify as a disability.
- Social Security Disability - Expedited Handling of Compassionate Allowance Cases
Where special circumstances exist, the handling of a Social Security disability case (SSDI or SSI) can be "speeded up" to provide the claimant with relief at an earlier date. The situations which the SSA recognizes as being in need of this special processing include Terminal Illness, Military Service, Compassionate Allowance and Dire Need cases.