Social Security Lawyers in the USA
Social Security Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Social Security Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Can I be Terminated if I am Disabled and Collecting Workers' Compensation Benefits in New York?
My clients are often surprised to learn that even after devoting many years of loyalty to a company, that he or she is subject to termination, even after suffering a work related injury.
- Mental Stress Injuries under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The New York State Workers' Compensation Law provides for indemnity and medical benefits if a claim is found to be work related. One of the more controversial aspects of a work related claim occurs when an injured worker alleges stress, anxiety or depression as a result of employment.
- Can an Injured Worker in New York State Collect Both Workers' Compensation and Unemployment?
It may seem to run contrary to common sense, but it is possible to collect both workers' compensation and unemployment benefits. However, an injured worker should be aware of the limitations of each program.
- Independant Contractor vs. Employee Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
The determination of whether an injured worker is an independent contractor or an employee involves a variety of tests and factors. The ultimate decision is critical, as it can determine whether benefits under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law are payable by the employer.
- Is an Attorney Needed in a New York State Workers' Compensation Claim?
An employee injured in New York State will likely have to decide whether to retain a workers' compensation lawyer to assist in the claim. For a myriad of reasons, more often than not it makes sense to secure the services of an experienced attorney.
- Disability Benefits for Fibromyalgia: Why you Might Need it
Living with Fibromyalgia is no walk in the park for anybody, but there is help for it if you know where to look. Getting disability benefits for Fibromyalgia is possible, but first you have to understand the disease. Talking to your doctor is a great place to get the answers you seek, but you can still do your own homework. When all is said and done, you ultimately need to know why you might need help with this sometimes debilitating ailment.
- Prisoners and Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits can be paid to people who have recently worked and paid Social Security taxes and are unable to work because of a serious medical condition that is expected to last at least a year or result in death. The fact that a person is a recent parolee or is unemployed does not qualify as a disability.
- Social Security Disability - Expedited Handling of Compassionate Allowance Cases
Where special circumstances exist, the handling of a Social Security disability case (SSDI or SSI) can be "speeded up" to provide the claimant with relief at an earlier date. The situations which the SSA recognizes as being in need of this special processing include Terminal Illness, Military Service, Compassionate Allowance and Dire Need cases.
- Can I Get Disability For PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?
I often hear the same questions over and over again related to specific injuries or aliments and whether or not they qualify a person to receive Social Security Disability benefits. This article deals with the question "Can I Get Disability For PTSD?"
- How Workers’ Compensation Impacts Social Security Disability Benefits
Disability payments from private sources, such as private pension or insurance benefits, do not affect your Social Security disability (“SSD”) benefits.