Social Security Lawyers in the USA
Social Security Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Social Security Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Independent Medical Examination
In most disability claim cases, the claimant will treat with his or her own doctor. The patient has the full right to choose whichever doctor can best treat the medical problems provided his/her insurance company will pay for the treatment. Usually, the patient will start with a general physician and then see a specialist depending on what type of injury the patient has. The doctors keep records of these treatments which are available to the patient.
- SSDI Benefits for Older Applicants
There are several advantages to applying for SSDI when you reach 50 that do not apply to younger applicants.
- Understanding Social Security Disability Benefits
Learn what Social Security Disability benefits are and when you can obtain them.
- What Is the Sequential Evaluation Process in Social Security Disability Claims?
The Social Security Administration utilizes a five-step sequential process in which the administration determines whether a claimant meets the definition for being disabled. The steps are followed in the exact order. If a decision is made at any step, the other steps remain uncompleted. However, if the Social Security Administration is unable to make a determination, representatives continue to the next step.
- A Social Security Disability Lawyer Helps You Get the SSD Benefits You Deserve
If you have been seriously injured or have developed an illness that keeps you from working, contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer for help.
- When You Need a Lawyer for Your Social Security Claim
Anyone in need of social security disability benefits knows that money can be an enormous concern when you cannot work. Thus, you may be reluctant to hire an attorney to pursue a claim for social security. Still, there may be both costs and benefits associated with hiring a social security attorney, and you should know what they are before making up your mind.
- Should I Take my Social Security Benefits before I Turn 65?
Reasons why retirees should wait until their full retirement to receive Social Security Benefits.
- How Disability Attorneys Handle Social Security Claims
While every disability law firm handles cases slightly differently, there are many similarities between the firms. Here is an overview of how a disability attorney handles Social Security claims.
- Repetitive Job Duties and Work-Related Claims Under the New York State Workers' Compensation Law
Certain types of repetitive work activities can either cause, or aggravate symptoms in areas of the body, including the knees, arms, shoulders, back and neck. The types of activities and jobs are virtually unlimited, and can be the subject of considerable litigation.
- Can I be Terminated if I am Disabled and Collecting Workers' Compensation Benefits in New York?
My clients are often surprised to learn that even after devoting many years of loyalty to a company, that he or she is subject to termination, even after suffering a work related injury.