Social Security Lawyers in the USA
Social Security Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
Social Security Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Disability Benefits for Fibromyalgia: Why you Might Need it
Living with Fibromyalgia is no walk in the park for anybody, but there is help for it if you know where to look. Getting disability benefits for Fibromyalgia is possible, but first you have to understand the disease. Talking to your doctor is a great place to get the answers you seek, but you can still do your own homework. When all is said and done, you ultimately need to know why you might need help with this sometimes debilitating ailment.
- Prisoners and Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits can be paid to people who have recently worked and paid Social Security taxes and are unable to work because of a serious medical condition that is expected to last at least a year or result in death. The fact that a person is a recent parolee or is unemployed does not qualify as a disability.
- Social Security Disability - Expedited Handling of Compassionate Allowance Cases
Where special circumstances exist, the handling of a Social Security disability case (SSDI or SSI) can be "speeded up" to provide the claimant with relief at an earlier date. The situations which the SSA recognizes as being in need of this special processing include Terminal Illness, Military Service, Compassionate Allowance and Dire Need cases.
- Can I Get Disability For PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)?
I often hear the same questions over and over again related to specific injuries or aliments and whether or not they qualify a person to receive Social Security Disability benefits. This article deals with the question "Can I Get Disability For PTSD?"
- How Workers’ Compensation Impacts Social Security Disability Benefits
Disability payments from private sources, such as private pension or insurance benefits, do not affect your Social Security disability (“SSD”) benefits.
- Can I Receive Both Social Security Disability and VA Compensation Benefits at the Same Time?
The primary difference between Social Security disability benefits and VA disability benefits is that you can qualify for VA disability compensation even if you’re not totally disabled.
- Social Security Disability - Disabling Condition: Pain and Chronic Pain
Pain is often associated with injury, disease, illness and physical disabilities. The persistence and severity of pain may leave you unable to work even when you can otherwise accommodate your disability in your work. Chronic Pain is severe, persistent and long term pain; pain that cannot be removed by standard medical treatment or pain that persists beyond the expected duration of the injury or illness. SSDI or SSI benefits may be available to you when pain prevents you from working.
- Social Security Disability Applicants And Headache Claims - 5 Keys Pieces of Evidence
Seeking social security disability because you can not work because of a headache is unique and very difficult. But there are certain things you can do to help your chances of winning.
- How Do I Collect Social Security Disability If I Am Injured in Auto Accident?
Unlike personal injury damages, Social Security disability benefits do not require that you prove liability or negligence and you might be able to obtain disability benefits even if you were responsible for the auto accident.
- Who Approves Social Security Disability Cases and what is the Role Advocates Play?
When you are applying for Social Security Disability you are bound to have more questions than answers and one of those questions will likely be about who approves your claim.