Social Services Law Lawyers in the USA
Social Services Law Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Social Services Law Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- How Can People Lose Their Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits provide claimants with much needed income while they are unable to work. However, in some cases, these benefits can be lost.
- How Workers’ Compensation Impacts Social Security Disability Benefits
Disability payments from private sources, such as private pension or insurance benefits, do not affect your Social Security disability (“SSD”) benefits.
- The SSA and Direct Deposit: Making Social Security Benefits Payment Easier
Times are getting tougher by the day. As it is, people with disabilities are finding it hard to survive on a daily basis. Because of their disabilities, they are forced to give up their jobs.
- Electronic Healthcare Records Linked to Speedier Processing of Social Security Disability Claims
The Wright State Research Institute has developed a new software system to implement electronic healthcare records in order to speed up the process of evaluating social security disability claims.
- Appealing a Denied Social Security Disability Insurance Application
Nearly two out of three Social Security Disability Insurance applications are denied the first time they are sent to the Social Security Administration for approval. Fortunately an applicant can request a review, reconsideration and appeal if his or her claim has been denied.
- Can Obesity Be Considered a Disability for Social Security Claims?
If properly documented by a physician, obesity can be the basis or contributing factor in a disability finding. For obesity to factor in, it must be determined that it represents a “severe impairment” either by itself or with other medical impairments. Obesity will be deemed a severe impairment if it significantly limits an individual’s ability to do basic work activities.
- Reasons for Special Needs Trust
A special needs trust is an estate planning tool used to allow assets to be held in trust for the benefit of a physically or mentally challenged individual, or a person with a chronic or acquired illness. We outline four reasons to consider creating a special needs trust.
- Disabled Struggling in Down Economy
Trying to land a job is hard enough. Trying to land a job when you suffer from a permanent disability is even harder.
- What Are the Disability Leave Laws
An employee can’t stay in tiptop shape all the time, sometimes he may get sick or even get involved in an accident that could force him to take time away from work in order to recuperate.
- An Overview on ODAR, SSA Hearings and Appeals
Several studies have shown that a 20-year old worker has a 3 in 10 chance of becoming disabled even before reaching retirement age. This reflects the fact that annually, thousands of applications for disability benefits are submitted to the Social Security Administration (SSA).