Transportation Lawyers in the USA
Transportation Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Transportation Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- NTSB Issues Truck Safety Agenda
Some of the most effective truck accident safety initiatives come out of the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB.)
- Seeking Compensation for Motorcycle Accidents
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a fatal accident than car drivers.
- Pennsylvania Highway Safety Laws Need Improvement
Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety (AHAS) in Washington, D.C. assert that Pennsylvania’s highway safety laws lag behind ten other states, putting Pennsylvania drivers at a higher risk of preventable car accident injuries and deaths.
- NTSB Requests Highway Regulators Make Safety Recommendations a Top Priority
According to the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), truck accident deaths have increased by nearly 17% since 2009.
- Truck Driver Fatigue Causes Serious Trucking Accident
Highways are crowded with trucks full of cargo delivering goods throughout the country. Often times, truck drivers put in very long work weeks and are required to drive considerable hours each day.
- Rhode Island Gets Federal Funding for Traffic and Vehicle Safety Programs
Rhode Island has been awarded nearly $341,000 in federal funding for traffic and vehicle safety programs. According to an Associated Press news report, the funding comes from the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to the Rhode Island Department of Transportation (RIDOT).
- Providence Rated Among Top Five U.S. Cities with Worst Drivers
Recently, a report released by Allstate Insurance listed the city of Providence, Rhode Island, as the fifth worst city in the United States when it comes to the worst drivers.
- Who Takes the Liability in a California Ride-Sharing Car Accident?
Ridesharing services have made major strides in transportation, but they also bring with them legal complications. It will be important for laws to adapt to the changes that companies like Uber and Lyft are bringing about and how this will reflect on car accidents when they occur.
- Rhode Island Car Accidents and Ride Sharing
Consumers should be aware of the rising popularity of ride sharing companies and their potential effect on insurance coverage after a car accident.
- Rhode Island Personal Injury Law: Rear-End Auto Accident Collisions
In our Rhode Island personal injury practice, we routinely handle auto accidents, including what is commonly referred to as “rear end collisions.” Rear-end collisions occur when the front end of one vehicle hits the back end of the vehicle in front.