Whistleblower Lawyers in the USA
Whistleblower Lawyers in the USA ► Other Countries
All Articles »Whistleblower Lawyers USA - Recent Legal Articles
- Wrongful Termination Case
A tax lawyer who worked at the Vanguard Group in Malvern, New York, was terminated from his position after consistently warning his employer that they were considerably underpaying on its taxes. The unlawful practices resulted in Vanguard cheating the US Government out of more than a billion dollars throughout the last several years. Some of the money saved from the illegal tax practices was used to enhance bossesí salaries.
- Office Depot Whistleblowers Case
A whistle blower complaint filed by an Office Depot employee has resulted in a large settlement for the state of California.
- Three Important, Commonly Misunderstood Concepts in California Employment Law
Defining and discussing three of the most important and commonly misunderstood terms in California employment law - wrongful termination, discrimination, and harassment/hostile work environment.
- Securities and Exchange Commissionís Whistleblower Program Is No Joke
The Securities & Exchange Commission's whistleblower program is proving itself to be a force to be reckoned with.
- Whistleblower Failure-of-Care Claim Settled for $38 Million
Recently, a whistleblower failure-of-care claim was settled against a nursing home chain for $38 million. Even nursing home abuse can be stopped with whistleblowing.
- Reasons For Being A Whistleblower
Whistleblowers don't normally report fraud for financial gain - they report it because they've been wrongfully retaliated against.
- Increased Amount of Securities Exchange Commission Whistleblower Cases
The Securities Exchange Commission has investigated over 686 whistleblower cases in this year alone - the highest amount since 2011.
- Whistleblowers Donít Just Expose Fraud Ė They Can Save Lives
When whistleblowers report fraud within hospitals and pharmaceutical companies, they may also unknowingly stop risky medical practices.
- More than $30 Million Awarded to an Overseas Whistleblower
A record amount of $30 million was awarded to an overseas whistleblower for providing key information to detect an ongoing fraud.
- Seven False Claims Act Lawsuits Settled for $98 Million
Seven whistleblower suits against Community Health Systems and associated entities was settled in August for $98 million.