Wrongful Termination Lawyers in the USA
Wrongful Termination Lawyers in the USA Other Countries
All Articles »Wrongful Termination - Recent Legal Articles
- Can You Be Fired Over a Personality Conflict? What You Need to Know about At-Will Employment
How at-will employment can be used to disguise discrimination.
- How Employers May Attempt to Disguise Unlawful Retaliation
Employers who try to “get back” at workers who complain may be violating the law.
- Understanding Wrongful Termination Law in New Jersey
As an employer, making the decision to terminate employment is difficult — you have to take into consideration a number of factors, from performance to company health to growth potential and turnover costs — but when you tack on legal concerns, the process can quickly become overwhelming.
- 10 Signs You May Be Facing Age Discrimination
In 1967 the Age Discrimination in Employment Act was passed to protect employees from discrimination based on age. While this was a very positive step towards protecting workers rights, age discrimination in the workplace still persists across every industry and sector today.
- Consequences of an Arrest but not a Conviction on Employment
In some situations, a person may be arrested while he or she is working and the arrest can put his or her job in jeopardy. Arrests are treated differently than convictions, but they can still have significant consequences for employees. The way that the employer can react in response to the arrest depends on where the person is working, state laws, the nature of the crime that is alleged and the case against the employee.
- Employment Discrimination – What Is Harassment in the Employment Context?
Discrimination comes in many forms. When applied to employment, it has a special context. This means that there are laws that protect employees, and specific stipulations govern what is considered employment harassment and what is not.
- How to Avoid Employee Disputes
Business owners are in perpetual fear of being the target of litigation. Whether it is a customer that falls in the store or an employee who alleges wrongdoing against the employer, there are steps that businesses can take to avoid such disputes. It is also important to understand why these disputes arise in the first place.
- Employment Discrimination – Laws Against Race Discrimination in the Workplace
While there are various types of discrimination in the workplace that cause untold hardship for those affected, racial discrimination is among the most rampant in the United States.
- Employment Discrimination – Different Types of Discrimination in the Workplace
Discrimination in the workplace is a common occurrence that has been fought for decades. While the advent of the civil rights abolished the overt and obvious forms of different discrimination practices, they still transpire in companies across the United States.
- What Does the ADA Require for an Employment Accommodation?
The federal Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protections for disabled workers. One of these protections include providing a reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees.