Germany Law Schools
Comprehensive Directory of Law Schools in Germany in Alphabetical Order
Germany Law Schools
- Augsburg - Augsburg Universitat - Law School
Eichleitner Strasse 30, Augsburg 86159,
For those interested in completing their legal studies quickly and efficiently it is the perfect place to come, and boasts the shortest study time in Germany. Our facilities are thoroughly modern, affording all that you might expect from a cutting edge faculty. The law school was established in 1971. Our new departmental building was built in 1999, and houses lecture theatres, seminar rooms and a law library. We are particularly proud of the above-average exam results achieved by our students (the average being an excellent 1.7), as well as the high number that choose to continue their studies to doctorate level and beyond. Our graduates are in high demand, and leave with a high level of both critical thought and practical knowledge.
- Bayreuth - Bayreuth Universitat - Rechtswissenschaften Fakultäten
Universitätsstraße 30, Bayreuth 95444, Phone: +49 (0) 921 55-5290
- Berlin - Freie Universitat - Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft
h Van't-Hoff - Str. 8, Berlin 14195, Phone: 493 0838 2287
- Berlin - Humboldt-Universitat zu Berlin - Juristischen Fakultät
Unter den Linden 6, Berlin 10117, Phone: +49 030 2093-2345
- Bielefeld - Bielefeld Universitét - Rechtswissenschaften Fakultäten
Universitétsstrasse 1, Bielefeld 33615,
Bielefeld University combines classical academic tradition with innovative research and teaching. It was founded as a new type of university in 1969 with the aims of re-establishing the unity between research and teaching advocated by Humboldt, and of opening up the frontiers between the disciplines. The university has succeeded in maintaining and developing essential elements of this reform concept despite a considerable increase in student numbers. Bielefeld University has attained an outstanding position among national and international academic institutions on the strength of its research achievements and unique courses of studies, its technology transfer and further education programmes.
- Bochum-Quere - Ruhr-Universität Bochum - Juristischen Fakultät
Universitätsstraße 150, Bochum-Quere 44801, Phone: +49 (0) 234 32-201
- Bonn - Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitat - Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft
Adenauerallee 24-42, Bonn 53113, Phone: +49 (0 )228 73-9101
- Bremen - Universitat Bremen - Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft
Bibliothekstraße 1, Bremen 28359, Phone: +49 421 218-1 ·
- Cologne - Universität zu Köln - Rechtswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Albertus-Magnus-Platz, Cologne, Phone: +49 02 21 470-2218
- Dusseldorf - Heinrich-Heine-Universität - Faculty of Law
- Erlangen-Nuremberg - Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat - Law School
Schlossplatz 4, Erlangen-Nuremberg 91054, Phone: +49 (0) 9131 85-24820
The hallmark of the Friedrich-Alexander University of Erlangen-Nuremberg today, 260 years after its foundation is our commitment to both tradition and innovation. Our university offers a wide spectrum of subjects, the diversity and interdisciplinary integration of which is unique in Germany. We see this "integrated diversity" as the key feature that enables us to enhance our profile in research and teaching while at the same time promoting the process of internationalisation more intensively.
- Frankfurt - Johann-Wolfgang-Goethe Universitat - Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft
Senckenberganlage 31, Frankfurt 60325, Phone: +49 069 798-22201
- Freiburg - Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg - Rechtswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Fahnenbergplatz, Freiburg 79098, Phone: +49 0761 203
- Gießen - Justus-Liebig-Universität - Department of Law
Ludwigstraße 23, Gießen, Phone: +49 641 99 0
- Gottingen - Georg-August-Universitat - Juristische Fakultät
Platz der Göttinger Sieben 6, Gottingen 37073, Phone: +49 (0) 551/39-7360
The Faculty of Law of the Georg-August University is the oldest, biggest and most renowned law faculty in the German Bundesland Lower Saxony. Since its foundation in 1737, it has been committed to the unity and freedom of research and education.
- Halle-Wittenberg - Martin-Luther-Universitat - Juristische und Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Universitätsplatz 10 a, Halle-Wittenberg 06108, Phone: +49 03 45 55-23301
- Hamburg - Bucerius Law School
Jungiusstraße 6, Hamburg, Phone: +49 0 40 307 06
Since August, 2006, Bucerius Law School and the WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management are jointly offering a one-year, English-language Master in Law and Business (“MLB”) program. Course participants are trained systematically in both the legal and economic fields and obtain a unique ability to analyze the ever-increasing number of international business issues that involve both legal and economic elements.Law Library
- Hamburg - Hamburg Universitat - Faculty of Law
Schlüterstraße 28, Hamburg 20146, Phone: +49 4 42838-6352
The Law Faculty has existed since the founding of the University of Hamburg in 1919. Today there are more than 5000 law students and 47 professors. There are also many professor's assistants, Teachers (i.e. junior lawer), and Student Tutors (Law Students) working in the Law Faculty. The Law faculty consists of 25 departments, which offer various programs (for example, Master Programs) offered by the Law Faculty.
- Hannover - Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität - Faculty of Law
Welfengarten 1, Hannover 50937, Phone: +49 511.762 - 0
Law is becoming more and more wide- ranging. International interconnections in business and European integration are continually providing new challenges which are taken up by the Faculty of Law in its research and teaching. In addition to the traditional fields of German jurisprudence it is also intensifying comparative studies of European and non-European legal systems. These include, for example, work on monopoly law and environmental law, as well as the implementation of EU guidelines or the practice of international legal assistance.
- Heidelberg - Ruprecht-Karl-Universitat - Juristische Fakultat
Grabengasse 1, Heidelberg 69117, Phone: +49-(0) 6221-54-0
- Jena - Friedrich-Schiller-Universität - Rechtswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Carl-Zeiß-Straße 3, Jena 07743, Phone: +49 03 641 9 42000
- Kiel - Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel - Rechtswissenschaftliche Fakultät
Haus N. 50a und 50b, Kiel 24118, Phone: +49 04 31 880-00
- Konstanz - Universitat Konstanz - Faculty of Law, Economics and Politics
Universitétsstrasse 10, Konstanz 78464, Phone: +49 (0) 7531 88-5060
Studying at the University of Konstanz means living and learning on a university campus situated geographically in a most unique location. The university lies directly on Lake Constance at the intersection of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria in one of the most beautiful regions of Germany.
- Konstanz - University of Konstanz, School of Law
- Mannheim - Universitat Mannheim - Fakultät für Rechtswissenschaft und Volkswirtschaftslehre
Bismarkstraße, Mannheim 6800, Phone: +49 0621 181-0
The reputation on which the University of Mannheim thrives has been built on its strong Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences programs. All the other schools and departments within the University - Law, the Humanities, Computer Science - are woven into these disciplines in a unique way which has broken new ground in Germany: The Law school has set its main focus on the area of business law for example.The University is recognized as one of the leading academic institutions in Germany and Europe for Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences. This is reflected by a large number of accreditations, evaluations, rankings and other distinctions. So, the Mannheim Business School was the first German institution to be accredited by the AACSB and EQUIS.These successes are based on a continuous quality assurance effort in research, teaching and administration.
- Muenster - University of Muenster - Faculty of Law
Universitätsstraße 14-16, Muenster, Phone: +49 02 51 83 2 27 10
- Munich - Ludwig-Maximilians University - Juristische Fakultät
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, Zi. D 109, Munich, Phone: +49 (0) 89 2180
- Munich - Munich Intellectual Property Law Center
Marstallstraße 8, Munich, Phone: +49 (89) 242 46-5321
- Passau - University of Passau Faculty of Law
Innstr. 39, Passau, Phone: +49 08 51 509-2201
- Regensburg - Universität Regensburg - Juristischen Fakultät
Universitätsstraße 31, Regensburg 93053, Phone: +49 09 41 943-01
- Saarbrücken - Universitat des Saarlandes - Faculty of Law and Economics
Postfach 151150, Saarbrücken 6600, Phone: +49 (0681) 302-0
With its numerous degree programmes and the variety of final qualifications offered (Diplom, Magister, state examinations and, increasingly, bachelor and master qualifications), Saarland University provides the broad spectrum of disciplines typical of a classical universitas litterarum. The more traditional subjects such as business administration and economics, law and medicine are just as much a part of Saarland University as the new degree programmes that have developed from modern interdisciplinary collaborations and which reflect the increasing demand for such qualifications in today's job market.
- Trier - Trier Universitat - Rechtswissenschaft
- Tubingen - Tübingen Universität - Juristische Fakultät
Wilhelmstr. 7, Tubingen 72074,
- Wurzburg - Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg - Juristische Fakultät
Sanderring 2, Wurzburg 97070, Phone: +49 0931 310
Looking back at the development of the university from the original four faculties (Theology, Law, Medicine, and Philosophy) to today's ten faculties, one can see a widened spectrum of opportunities that offers students balanced, broad, and high-quality courses of study.