Mrs. Marra Won
Partner, Founding LawyerWiselink Law Firm Shanghai
Room321 No20 Bldg, No 8633 Zhongchun Road
+86 21 54173991
+86 21 54173991
Send an email
Mrs. Marra Won - Founding Lawyer, Shanghai, China
Lawyer's ProfileMs. Marra Won is the founder of WiseLink Law Firm Shanghai, and has been in practice for over 10 years as Attorney at Law.
With a LLM of Shanghai Foreign Trade Institute majoring in International Economic Law, Ms. Won has a career full of deep experiences. She worked as an import-export manager during two years in a foreign trade corporation, and a legal consultant during nearly four years in Anxin Group, a famous construction material manufacturer in Shanghai. Then, she has been partner of Rolmax Law Office, accumulating experiences and skills as Attorney at law, before deciding to start her own business and creating the WiseLink Law Firm in 2008.
The solid working experiences she has acquired make her particularly skillful in all operation concerning the international trade. She has a deep knowledge of L/C, collection and other tools of payment, draft, international sales contract, export package, INCOTERMS, shipping and insurance, B/L etc. She was involved into business operations of manufactures. Her work was widely connected with processing, marks and descriptions of package, distribution and sub distribution, registration and authorization of trade mark, application and protection of patent, after sale service, rent of work mill and booths, advertisement release, logistics, sales in super-market and construction project, insurance, HR management, financing, investment overseas and so on.
Her experience for over 10 years made her particularly recognized among her peers and customers as an efficient and reliable attorney. She keeps close contact with the arbitration bodies in the UK, U.S.A and Sweden, and cooperates with law firms overseas, such as Brazil, Macao, UK, U.S.A, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan and Canada.
Ms Won is the legal expert of Shanghai Construction Material Association and a member of the experts for Wenzhou International Business Association. Her mother tongue is Chinese and she speaks fluent English, making her able to provide legal services in both languages.
Ms Won has served tens of enterprises since she got the license of attorney. She is specialized in international trade law, maritime law, investment and financing both domestic and abroad, etc. Her job is as described:
1. To act as the legal representative to attend international commercial/admiralty arbitration. Her job covers the application for arbitration, discovery, written pleadings, cross examination, application for enforcement of Arbitral Award to China Court;
2. To settle the disputes in relates to foreign trade including that of agency, performance of Sales Contract, L/C, draft etc; to advise the manner of trade such as transshipment trade, back-to-back L/C and the choice of trade terms and so on;
3. To settle the disputes of maritime law such as B/L, charter party, lien on cargos, insurance claims, attachment of vessels and so on;
4. To provide legal services in foreign direct investment including set-up joint venture or wholly foreign owned enterprise, and merger & acquisition of domestic companies etc. To provide legal services for investment to overseas. She will suggest on the frame work, legal international avoidance of tax , the location of headquarter of a global corporation, the arrangement of international trade, the payment, the registration of off-shore corporation, the policies of foreign currency of China, the design of the share allocation for the holding corporations, and so on.
5. To act as attorney in litigation in China. She will file lawsuit with court, answer, appear on court, discover evidences, counter claim, apply for injunction & attach assets, file appeals, apply for enforcement etc.
6. To act as legal consultant for scaled enterprises to give legal advices for daily operation and management.
Examples of Ms Won’s cases
1. The arbitration in International Cotton Association in Liverpool of the UK between Paul Reinhart Co of U.S.A and Anhui Shinho Textile Co of China for the dispute of performance of sales contract;
2. The arbitration between a Shanghai Corporation and United Mineral & Chemical Corporation of U.S.A for the dispute of sales contract;
3. The litigation for the cargo lien dispute between China Communication Construction Corporation and Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines (IRISL);
4. The investment in Brazil of Anxin Group to build up factories and trading corporations;
5. The litigations of Schindle China, a world famous elevator and lift company for disputes of sale contracts;
6. The labor dispute between L’Oreal Group and its director of production;
7. The litigation for dispute of export agency between Hangzhou Huatong Corporation and Shanghai Flying man import and export company;
8. The arbitration in CIETAC between Jiangsu Lihuai Iron & Steel Co., Ltd. and Venlaks. Inc. for dispute of performance of sales contract of iron cores;
9. Dispute of transportation contract for delay in shipment between Shanghai Huajian Import & Export Co., Ltd. and AEL-Berkman Forwarding (HK) Ltd.;
10. International Sales Contract Dispute, Elkosar Enterprise, Pakistan v. Farstar Industry Limited;
11. Dispute of Trade Mark infringement between JMC Import & Export Co., Ltd. And Japanese Isuzu;
12. The direct Investment in Algeria of JMC Import & Export Co., Ltd. to build up a subsidiary company;
13. Dispute of Releasing Cargo Without Production of Original B/L, Changzhou Yueye Corduroy Co., Ltd. v. Compania Sudamericana de Vapores in Chile (CSAV);
14. Case of Contract Fraud for purchase through internet between PARFUMAZR A.G., France and Jack Lee, the cheater;
15. The Counselor-in-Law in China for Arminak & Associates Inc, a U.S. corp.
16. The litigation for dispute of L/C between Shandong Yifang Plaster Co., Ltd. and Wachovia Bank, NA;
17. The litigation for dispute of contract on construction project supervision between Shanghai Anlian Construction Project Supervision & Consulting Co., Ltd. and Madame Tussauds Exhibition (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.;
18. Quality Dispute between Burgonyapehely Kft. in Hungary and Qingdao JinLiDa Trading Co., Ltd.;
19. Equity Merge between Ningbo V.K. Industry & Trading Co., Ltd and Rothschild Clothing Group in Australia;
Dispute of Releasing Cargo Without Production of Original B/L, Ningbo Wahfay Industrial (Group) Co., Ltd. and Ningbo Wins Handicraft Co., Ltd. and Anhui New Dragon Imp. & Exp. Co., Ltd. v. ACE Ocean Express Co., Ltd.
Bar AdmissionShanghai Bar Association
China Law Academy
Shanghai Construction & Materials Association
Wenzhou International Commerce Chamber
Languages Chinese, English
Joined the Law Firm in 2008
Lawyer's Areas of Practice
Litigation Percentage 60%