Tax Strategies for Corporate Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings 2012
December 5, 2012 - December 8, 2012
CLE - Live Seminar
This three-day program will focus on the tax issues presented by the entire spectrum of modern major corporate transactions, from relatively simple single-buyer acquisitions of a division or subsidiary to multi-party joint ventures, cross-border mergers, and complex acquisitions of public companies with domestic and foreign operations, including spin-offs and other dispositions of unwanted operations. Evolving techniques for structuring, financing, and refinancing corporate turnovers and other activities will be emphasized, with particular attention being paid to consolidated return issues, to financially troubled businesses, to the role of new financial products and the effects of the evolving economic substance and business purpose doctrine, and to selected current issues in mergers and acquisitions, including the effects of recent developments in executive compensation.
10 COMPELLING REASONS TO ATTEND PLI’S TAX STRATEGIES
1. Learn practical strategies and solutions, not just a recitation of Code Sections and Regulations.
2. Keep up with the cutting-edge by learning about the hottest topics in corporate tax:
- recent developments in tax-free reorganizations and spin-offs
- the consolidated return regulations
- partnership strategies in M&A
- financially troubled businesses and other loss companies
- “topside” planning for private equity (and hedge) fund investments
- compensation strategies in M&A, including effects of carried interest legislation, if enacted
- exploring the limits of the evolving economic substance, business purpose and related doctrines
3. Benefit from an expanded session on:
- international acquisitions, restructurings, post-acquisition integration and other international issues
4. Attend new sessions on:
- Advanced Transactional Planning in Private Equity M&A
- Mergers and Acquisitions of S Corporations: How to Structure the Deal
6. Participate in a discussion of audience-selected transactions during our Corporate Transactions session.
7. Hear about the most “Interesting Transactions of the Past Year.”
8. Join colleagues, faculty and IRS and Treasury representatives at our special session on Hot Topics from the Perspective of the IRS Office of the Deputy Chief Counsel (Technical), the IRS Office of the Associate Chief Counsel (Corporate) and Treasury’s Office of Tax Legislative Counsel.
9. Attend the Tax Director Forum: What’s Keeping Them Up at Night?
10. (a) Receive the opportunity to purchase the over 25,000 page print version of The Corporate Tax Practice Series: Strategies for Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings, at 50% off the current retail price.
(b) Receive a complimentary CD-ROM of PLI’s number one bestseller, The Corporate Tax Practice Series: Strategies for Acquisitions, Dispositions, Spin-Offs, Joint Ventures, Financings, Reorganizations & Restructurings.
Practising Law Institute
810 Seventh Avenue
New York, New York
United States of America