Lemon Law - US
- 50 States Lemon Law
Information derived from State and Federal Lemon Laws.
- ABA - Lemon Laws
Lemon law usually applies to new cars purchased for personal, family, or household use. These laws entitle you to a replacement car or a refund if your new car is so defective that it is beyond satisfactory repair by the dealer. You must, however, give the dealer a reasonable opportunity to repair the car.
- Better Business Bureau Auto Line - Lemon Law Division
Founded in 1978, BBB AUTO LINE is the nation's oldest and most respected auto warranty dispute resolution program. Information about BBB AUTO LINE rules, procedures and participating manufacturers is included on this site to help you understand the process.
- Federal Lemon Law Explained - Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
Lemon Law Explained brings to you information on Lemon Law and how lemon laws can help you. There are basically 3 sets of laws (Lemon Laws) that apply to all defective vehicles and products that are purchased in the United States of America. * The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a Federal Law that protects the purchaser of any product that costs more than $25 in addition it must come with an express written warranty. * The Uniform Commercial Code or UCC has been adopted in all 50 states and covers contracts dealing with the sale of products
- Lemon Law - Wikipedia
Lemon laws are American state laws that provide a remedy for purchasers of cars in order to compensate for cars that repeatedly fail to meet standards of quality and performance. These cars are called lemons. The federal lemon law (the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) protects citizens of all states. State lemon laws vary by state and may not necessarily cover used or leased cars. The rights afforded to consumers by lemon laws may exceed the warranties expressed in purchase contracts. Lemon law is the common nickname for these laws, but each state has different names for the laws and acts.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
NHTSA was established by the Highway Safety Act of 1970 to carry out safety programs previously administered by the National Highway Safety Bureau. Specifically, the agency directs the highway safety and consumer programs established by the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966, the Highway Safety Act of 1966, the 1972 Motor Vehicle Information and Cost Savings Act, and succeeding amendments to these laws.
- NHTSA - Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) is an office within the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). ODI conducts defect investigations and administers safety recalls to support the NHTSA’s mission to improve safety on our Nation's highways. NHTSA is authorized to order manufacturers to recall and repair vehicles or items of motor vehicle equipment when ODI investigations indicate that they contain serious safety defects in their design, construction, or performance.
Organizations Related to Lemon Law
- Center for Auto Safety
The Center for Auto Safety in the nation's capital: * keeping consumers up-to-date on auto related legislation and regulation * working with congress and federal agencies to make our cars safer * providing expert opinions and data in congressional testimony.
- Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety
Consumers for Auto Reliability and Safety is a national, award-winning non-profit auto safety and consumer advocacy organization. CARS works to save lives, prevent injuries, and protect consumers from auto-related fraud and abuse. CARS is also on the forefront of exposing illegal practices such as "lemon laundering" of hazardous vehicles across state lines. CARS founder has a decades-long history of winning pro-consumer victories, against enormous odds.
Publications Related to Lemon Law
- Going Legal - Lemon Law News
Lemon laws are American State laws that can provide remedy for people who have purchases a vehicle that has continually failed to meet the required standards of quality and performance. Unfortunately, each year, more and more Americans are sold cars that appear to have persistent problems, these cars are known as 'lemons' and Lemon Laws are designed to protect citizens of all states from faulty autos.
- Lemon Law Vehicle
At first, when you hear the name of this law, you may think it’s connected with lemons. But it doesn’t have any common with fruits or something of that kind. The Lemon Law can be used by the owners of automobiles. Imagine, that you have bought a new car and it turned out that it has some serious defects. Don’t panic. You have an opportunity to cope with them by means of such a warranty, known as the “Lemon Law“.
Articles on HG.org Related to Lemon Law
- The Importance of Safety Ratings of CarsFor many people, appearance as well as performance has always been the first criteria for buying a new car. But do you know that the safety of the car is also extremely important? Just as this is a very important factor in buying a new car, it is also very important when buying a used car as well.
- Death by ProductProduct liability comes into play when a person is injured or killed as a result of a defect in a product, they have a product liability claim against the manufacturer. Such claims differ in various states. This articles explains the process of filing such a claim in Alabama. You've heard of product liability cases, but what does that actually mean?
- If You've Been Injured by a Product, You Need an Attorney Who Knows Product Liability LawHave you been injured by a product you bought? Did you use that product in the manner in which it was intended? If so, you may be a personal injury victim, eligible to file a lawsuit for product liability. If so, hire a Kansas City personal injury attorney who specializes in product liability, to make sure your rights are protected.
- Factors Contributing to Trucking AccidentsTrucking accidents are often caused by dangerous actions, that can be considered negligent. Understanding how these contributing factors affect your personal injury law suit is imperative, if you are to receive the financial damages to deserve.
- Recalls of Defective Vehicles Underscores Lemon Law ValueToyota has added two new models to the list: the Lexus GX 460 and the Land Cruiser Prado.
- Lemon Law Recalls Make Car Buying a Risky BusinessAnalysts say it is more difficult for prospective car buyers to avoid defective vehicles.
- California Lemon Law Covers All Consumer Products Under WarrantyThe lemon law also protects consumer products purchased for personal use.
- 7 Fatal Mistakes Clients Make when They Have a LemonThe Alabama Lemon law is a statutory creation, which provides specific guidelines for people to follow in order to obtain a refund or replacement on the vehicle they purchased. While the statute can be viewed as straightforward, it is also very technical, and many individuals fail to follow all of the proper steps in order to preserve their Lemon Law claim.
- All Motor Vehicles Law Articles
Articles written by attorneys and experts worldwide discussing legal aspects related to Motor Vehicles Law including: auto dealer fraud, automobile accidents, automotive, bus accidents, lemon law, motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accident, railroad accidents, rollover accident, traffic violations, trucking accident.