Additional Legal Associations
- Academy of Legal Studies in Business (ALSB)
Founded in 1924, the Academy of Legal Studies in Business (International) is an association of teachers and scholars in the fields of business law, legal environment, and law-related courses outside of professional law schools. Our nearly 1,000 members teach primarily in schools of business in colleges and universities, at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Members come from all fifty states, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, England, and a number of other nations.
- ALI-ABA Committee on Continuing Professional Education
- Alliance for Justice AFJ
Alliance for Justice is a national association of environmental, civil rights, mental health, women's, children's and consumer advocacy organizations. Since its inception in 1979, the Alliance has worked to advance the cause of justice for all Americans, strengthen the public interest community's ability to influence public policy, and foster the next generation of advocates.
- American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences AAFS
As a professional society dedicated to the application of science to the law, the AAFS is committed to the promotion of education and the elevation of accuracy, precision, and specificity in the forensic sciences.
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants AALNC
The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants promotes the professional advancement of registered nurses consulting within the legal arena by providing a forum for education and exchange of information.
- American Bankruptcy Institute ABI
The American Bankruptcy Institute is the largest multi-disciplinary, non-partisan organization dedicated to research and education on matters related to insolvency. ABI was founded in 1982 to provide Congress and the public with unbiased analysis of bankruptcy issues. The ABI membership includes more than 11,000 attorneys, auctioneers, bankers, judges, lenders, professors, turnaround specialists, accountants and other bankruptcy professionals providing a forum for the exchange of ideas and information.
- American Board of Criminalists ABC
The ABC is composed of regional and national organizations which represent forensic scientists. Each organization is entitled to one member on the ABC Board of Directors and one member on the ABC Examination Committee. The representatives from these organizations can answer any questions about the ABC, certification examinations, proficiency testing, and related issues.
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American College of Family Trial Lawyers
- American College of Forensic Examiners ACFE
The ACFE is the world's premier provider of anti-fraud training and education. Together with nearly 40,000 members, the ACFE is reducing business fraud world-wide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
- American Corporate Counsel Association
- American Correctional Association
ACA serves all disciplines within the corrections profession and is dedicted to excellence in every aspect of the field.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Inns of Court
American Inns of Court (AIC) are designed to improve the skills, professionalism and ethics of the bench and bar. An American Inn of Court is an amalgam of judges, lawyers, and in some cases, law professors and law students. Each Inn meets approximately once a month both to "break bread" and to hold programs and discussions on matters of ethics, skills and professionalism.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Medical Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Judges Association
Our members include nearly 2,000 judges in the United States and about 125 judges in Canada. We are committed to helping individual judges do their jobs better and supporting a strong judicial system.
- American Judicature Society
The American Judicature Society works to maintain the independence and integrity of the courts and increase public understanding of the justice system. We are a nonpartisan organization with a national membership of judges, lawyers and other citizens interested in the administration of justice.
- American Law and Economics Association
The American Law and Economics Association is dedicated to the advancement of economic understanding of law and related areas of public policy and regulation.
- American Law Institute
- American Library Association
- American National Standards Institute
The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) coordinates the development and use of voluntary consensus standards in the United States and represents the needs and views of U.S. stakeholders in standardization forums around the globe.
- American Political Science Association
- American Prepaid Legal Services Institute
- American Pro Se Association
- American Society For Pharmacy Law
- American Society of Association Executives (ASAE)
- American Society of Comparative Law
- American Society of Corporate Secretaries
- American Society of International Law
- American Society of International Law - Wildlife Interest Group
- American Society of Law, Medicine & Ethics (ASLME)
- American Tort Reform Association (ATRA) Home Page
- American Video Reporters Association
- Americans for Effective Law Enforcement (AELE)
- Americans United for the Separation of Church and State
- Animal Legal Defense Fund
- Asia Pacific Legal Institute
- ASIL Internet Group in International Environmental Law
- Associacion Espanola de Derecho Sanitario
- Association for Children for Enforcement of Support (ACES)
- Association for Continuing Legal Education
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics
- Association of American Law Schools
- Association of Attorney-Mediators
- Association of College and University Auditors
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Association of Federal Defense Attorneys
- Association of Government Accountants
- Association of Healthcare Medical Lawyers
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Atlantic Legal Foundation
- Better Business Bureau
- Black Entertainment & Sports Lawyers Association
- British and Irish Legal Technology Association
- Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA)
- California Association of Photocopiers and Process Servers
- California Mobile Notary Association
- Canadian Law and Economics Association
- Center for Democracy and Technology
- Children's Protection and Advocacy Coalition
- Christian Legal Society
- Christian Legal Society
- Commercial Law League
- Commonwealth Legal Education Association
The CLEA was formed in December 1971. Its objects are to foster high standards of legal education and research in Commonwealth countries; to build up contracts between interested individuals and organisations, and to disseminate information and literature concerning legal education and research.
- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
- Conflict Resolution Center International, Inc.
- Corporate Bar
- Council for Excellence in Government
- Council on Law in Higher Education
- Criminal Justice Legal Foundation
- Cyberlaw Association
- Cyberspace Law Institute
- Defense Research Institute
- Education Law Association
- Einstein Institute for Science, Health and the Courts (EINSHAC)
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Electronic Messaging Association
- Electronic Privacy Information Center
- Environmental Law Institute
- Evidence Photographers International Council
- Fathers' Rights and Equality Exchange
- Federal Law Enforcement Officers' Association
- Federal Magistrate Judges Association
- Federalist Society for Law & Public Policy Studies
In its mission and purpose, the Federalist Society is unique. By providing a forum for legal experts of opposing views to interact with members of the legal profession, the judiciary, law students, academics, and the architects of public policy, the Society has redefined the terms of legal debate. Our expansion in membership, chapters, and program activity has been matched by the rapid growth of the Society's reputation and the quality and influence of our events. We have fostered a greater appreciation for the role of separation of powers; federalism; limited, constitutional government; and the rule of law in protecting individual freedom and traditional values. Overall, the Society's efforts are improving our present and future leaders' understanding of the principles underlying American law.
- Federation For American Immigration Reform
- Federation of Insurance & Corporate Counsel
- Federation of International Trade Associations (FITA)
- Federation of Tax Administrators
- Forensic Consultants Association Orange County
- Forensic Science Society
The Forensic Science Society is an international professional body with members in over 60 countries. It publishes a peer reviewed journal (Science & Justice), a newsletter (Interfaces), awards qualifications and prizes, arranges scientific conferences in the UK and abroad and is engaged in settings standards and accreditation in forensic sciences. Most of its members are UK scientists but there is a significant minority of other forensic professionals involved such as police officers and crime scene investigators. The Society was founded in 1959 by Professor Stuart Kind and with over 2500 members it is one of the oldest and largest forensic associations in the world.
- Fourth World Center
The Fourth World Center for the Study of Indigenous Law and Politics was founded in 1984 as a resource commons of authoritative information on indigenous peoples' affairs.
- Fully Informed Jury Association
- Government Finance Officers Association
- Health Care Liability Alliance
- Home School Legal Defense Association
- Human Rights Research and Education Centre
- Illinois Institute for Local Government
- Immigration Law Center
- Indian Defense League of America
- Indian Law Resource Center
- Indigenous Law Institute
- Institute for Business and Professional Ethics (DePaul University)
- Institute for Criminal Justice Education (ICJE)
- Institute for International Economics
- Institute of Internal Auditors
Established in 1941, The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) is an international professional association of more than 130,000 members with global headquarters in Altamonte Springs, Fla., United States. Throughout the world, The IIA is recognized as the internal audit profession's leader in certification, education, research, and technological guidance.
- Intellectual Property Owners
- International Association of Conference Centers
- International Center for Not-for-Profit Law
- International Law Institute
- International Lawyers Network
- International Organization for Standardization
- International Pension and Employee Benefits Lawyers Association (IPEBLA)
- International Personnel Management Association (IPMA)
- International Process Servers Association
- Judge Advocates Association
- Justinian Society of Lawyers
- Kansas Legal Assistants Society
- Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund, Inc.
- Landmark Legal Foundation
- Law Enforcement Gays And Lesbians (LEGAL)
- Law School Admission Council Online
- LawNet, Inc.
- Lawyers Committee for Human Rights
- Lawyers for Literacy
Since 1991, the Young Lawyers Division of the Pima County Bar Association has sponsored the Lawyers for Literacy program at elementary schools throughout the Tucson community. Tutors meet individually with 4th and 5th grade students for one hour a week on Monday evenings from 6:00-7:00pm. The program begins in October and continues through mid-May.
- Legal Assistant Management Association
- Legal Justice Reform Network
- Legal Secretaries International Inc.
- Lesbian and Gay Law Association
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Law Association of Greater New York (LeGaL) is an association of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered (LGBT) legal community in the New York metropolitan area.
- Liberty Counsel
- Media Access Project
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- National Association for Law Placement
- National Association of Assistant U.S. Attorneys
- National Association of Attorneys General
- National Association of Background Investigators
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Inc.
- National Association of Criminal Lawyers
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- National Association of Financial and Estate Planning
- National Association of Forensic Economics
- National Association of Guardians ad Litem
- National Association of Insurance Litigation Management
- National Association of Legal Assistants
- National Association of Legal Search Consultants
- National Association of Legal Secretaries
- National Association of Patent Practitioners
- National Association of Professional Process Servers
- National Association of Public Interest Law
- National Association of Retail Collection Attorneys
- National Association of Secretaries of State
- National Association of Tax Practicioners
- National Association of Utility Regulatory Commissioners (NARUC)
- National Association of Women Judges
- National Bankruptcy Review Commission
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- National Center for Agricultural Law (University of Arkansas Law School)
- National Center for Preventive Law
The National Center for Preventive Law ("NCPL") is dedicated to preventing legal risks from becoming legal problems. The NCPL was founded in 1986 and is housed at California Western School of Law, which is also home to the Louis M. Brown Program in Preventive Law ("Brown Program"). Both the NCPL and the Brown Program are made possible by the generous support of the Hermione and Louis Brown Foundation.
- National Center for State Courts
- National Coalition for Child Protection Reform
- National Conference of Bar Examiners
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- National Consumer Law Center
The National Consumer Law Center is America’s consumer law expert, helping consumers, their advocates, and public policy makers to use powerful consumer laws to build financial security and assure marketplace justice for vulnerable individuals and families
- National Contract Management Association
- National Court Appointed Special Advocate Association
- National Court Reporters Association
- National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- National Crime Prevention Council
- National Criminal Justice Association
Based in Washington, D.C., the NCJA represents state, tribal and local governments on crime prevention and crime control issues. Its members represent all facets of the criminal and juvenile justice community, from law enforcement, corrections, prosecution, defense, courts, victim-witness services and educational institutions to federal, state and local elected officials.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
NCJRS is a federally funded resource offering justice and substance abuse information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide.
- National District Attorneys Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Federation of Paralegal Associations
- National Fraud Information Center
- National Health Lawyers Association
- National Jewish Law Students Association
- National Lawyers Association
- National Lawyers Guild
- National Legal Aid and Defender Association
- National Legal Center for the Public Interest
- National Legal Video Association
- National Notary Association
- National Organization of Bar Counsel
- National Organization of Legal Services Workers (NOLSW), UAW Local 2320, AFL-CIO
- National Organization of Legal Services Workers, UAW Local 2320
The National Organization of Legal Services Workers (NOLSW), UAW Local 2320, AFL-CIO is the union representing the majority of those who work in federally-funded legal services programs across the USA. NOLSW also represents workers in many other advocacy organizations, law offices and human services programs. We are proud to be a chartered amalgamated Local of the United Auto Workers, through which we join our brothers and sisters in the U.S. labor movement in seeking economic and social justice for working people everywhere.
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives--Home Page
- National Paralegal Association
- National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation, Inc.
- National Standards Systems Network
- National Veterans Legal Services Program, Inc.
- National Whistleblower Center
The National Whistleblower Center (Center) is a nonprofit, tax exempt, educational and advocacy organization dedicated to helping whistleblowers. Since 1988, the Center has used whistleblowers’ disclosures to improve environmental protection, nuclear safety, and government and corporate accountability.
- Native American Rights Fund
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Network of Trial Law Firms
- NOBC - National Organization for Bar Counsel
- NSBA Council of School Attorneys
- Office for Intellectual Freedom
- Olsson Center For Applied Ethics (University of Virginia)
- Online Ombuds Office
- Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Paralegal Gateway
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity
- Practising Law Institute
- Pro Se Law Center, Inc.
- Professional Bail Agents of the United States
- Professional Mediation Association
- Public Law Research Institute
- Public Technology, Inc. (ICMA)
- Public Utility Law Project (PULP)
- Qui Tam Information Center for Whistleblowers
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation
- Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association
- Smart Card Industry Association
- Society of Actuaries
- Society of International Law
- Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution (SPDR)
- Software Patent Institute
- Southern California Mediation Association
- Supreme Court Historical Society
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Tau Epsilon Rho Law Society
- Tax Foundation
- Taxpayers Against Fraud, The False Claims Act Legal Center
- Texas Association of Licensed Investigators
- The Computer Law Association
- The Constitution Society
- The Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
- The Internet and Computer Law Association
- The Law Society
- Unions on the Internet
- United Nations Online Crime and Justice Clearinghouse
- Western Society of Criminology
- World Wide Legal Information Association
A Free Dictionary with Definitions for Terms used by Lawyers, Law Firms and the Legal System in the US.