Property Management Law
Property Management Law - US
- ABA - Commercial Real Estate Transactions Group
This group analyzes the transactional and ownership issues which confront commercial real estate attorneys when dealing with land transfers, construction, brokerage services, servitudes, title insurance, property and liability insurance, and ownership of commercial real estate. Each committee within the group focuses on one of these topics.
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)
The challenges in today’s job market—from industry consolidation and increased competition to being expected to do more with less—make it harder for you to prove your experience and your credibility. The CPM designation can demonstrate your expertise and integrity to those who matter most—employers, owners and investors.
- Community Association Manager Licensing
CAI encourages the national certification of community association managers. In states that propose mandatory regulation of community association managers, CAI will support a regulatory system that incorporates adequate protections for homeowners, mandatory education, and testing on fundamental management knowledge, standards of conduct and appropriate insurance requirements. CAI opposes the licensing of community association managers as real estate brokers, agents or property managers.
- Federal Real Property Council (FRPC)
The FRPC was created according to provisions in Executive Order 13327, "Federal Real Property Asset Management," signed by President George W. Bush on February 4, 2004. Executive Order 13327 states: "The policy of the United States is to promote efficient and economical use of America's real property assets and to assure management accountability for implementing federal real property management reforms."
- Property Management - Definition
Property management is the operation of commercial, industrial or residential real estate. This is much akin to the role of management in any business. Property management is also the management of personal property, equipment, tooling and physical capital assets that are acquired and used to build, repair and maintain end item deliverables. Property management involves the processes, systems and manpower required to manage the life cycle of all acquired property as defined above including acquisition, control, accountability, responsibility, maintenance, utilization, and disposition.
- Property Owners and Managers Survey (POMS)
The Property Owners and Managers Survey (POMS) Overview, Summary Tables, and Source and Accuracy Statement are now available from the U.S. Census Bureau. POMS was designed to learn more about rental housing and the providers of rental housing. The purpose was to gain a better understanding of the property owners and managers on whom the nation depends to provide affordable rental housing and what motivates their rental and maintenance policies.
- Public Housing Authorities Directors Association
Founded in 1979, PHADA represents the professional administrators of approximately 1,900 housing authorities throughout the United States. PHADA works closely with members of Congress in efforts to develop sensible and effective public housing statutes and obtain adequate funding for low-income housing programs. The association also serves as an advocate before the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development on a variety of regulations governing public housing nationwide.
- Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998 (QHWRA)
Public housing reform is represented through the Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998 (QHWRA). QHWRA was signed by President Clinton on October 21, 1998 and is found in Title V of HUD’s FY1999 appropriations act (P.L. 105-276).
- Real Estate Management Code of Professional Ethics
The purpose of this Code of Professional Ethics is to establish and maintain public confidence in the honesty, integrity, professionalism, and ability of the professional real estate manager. The Institute of Real Estate Management and its Members intend that this Code and performance pursuant to its provisions will be beneficial to the general public and will contribute to the continued development of a mutually beneficial relationship among Certified Property Manager® Members, CPM® Candidates, Accredited Residential Manager® Members, Accredited Commercial Manager Members, Associate Members, and other Members, national and international professional real estate associations and organizations, and clients, employers, and the public.
- United States Management - Accredited Management Organization
Welcome to US Management US Management has served the real estate industry for over two decades as the trusted source for property owners to locate and select Accredited Management Organizations (AMOs) globally. AMO members represent some of the most prestigious real estate firms in the world.
- US General Services Administration - Real Property Management
GSA develops, promotes, and assesses compliance with management policies and regulations for the effective and efficient stewardship of federal real property assets and alternative workplaces. GSA provides information and data on federal and commercial real estate, the workplace, and related services.
Organizations Related to Property Management Law
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
The Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) International is an international federation of more than 100 local associations and affiliated organizations. Founded in 1907, its 16,000-plus members own or manage more than nine billion square feet of commercial properties. BOMA International’s mission is to enhance the human, intellectual and physical assets of the commercial real estate industry through advocacy, education, research, standards and information..
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
Community Associations Institute (CAI) is a national organization dedicated to fostering vibrant, competent, harmonious community associations. For more than 30 years, CAI has been the leader in providing education and resources to the volunteer homeowners who govern community associations and the professionals who support them. Our members include community association volunteer leaders, professional managers, community management firms and other professionals and companies that provide products and services to associations.
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM)
The Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM) has been the source for education, resources, information, and membership for real estate management professionals for more than 75 years. An affiliate of the National Association of Realtors®, IREM is the only professional real estate management association serving both the multi-family and commercial real estate sectors. With 80 U.S. chapters, 13 international chapters, and several other partnerships around the globe, IREM is an international organization that also serves as an advocate on issues affecting the real estate management industry.
- National Association of Realtors®
The National Association of Realtors® strives to be the collective force influencing and shaping the real estate industry. It seeks to be the leading advocate of the right to own, use, and transfer real property; the acknowledged leader in developing standards for efficient, effective, and ethical real estate business practices; and valued by highly skilled real estate professionals and viewed by them as crucial to their success.
Publications Related to Property Management Law
- HUD Guidebook - Private Management of Public Housing
Under intense pressure to stretch resources, both healthy and distressed public housing authorities (PHAs) increasingly are exploring private management of their properties. To help PHAs weigh the many issues involved, HUD's practical new Private Management of Public Housing: A Guidebook draws on the experiences of PHAs that have used private management and on the insights of private owners, managers, and financiers of multifamily dwellings.
- Journal of Property Management
Published bi-monthly by IREM, the Journal of Property Management offers comprehensive coverage of the real estate management industry. Each issue is filled with expert insight on trends and issues affecting all property types.
- Property Management: 9 Essential Qualities of a Third-Party Manager
Property management is often in demand when the brokerage side of business is slow. However, success in this specialty doesn’t come easy. Here are the skills you need, experts say. Commitment to customer service. You need to respect your tenants and empathize with their concerns.
Articles on HG.org Related to Property Management Law
- Landlord vs. Tenant - A Guide To Tenancy Management - MalaysiaBeing a landlord is not the easiest job in the world. How do you leverage your standing with your tenant? Does the law provide sufficient regulation in this area?
- Purchasing of Land in Bulgaria by Foreigners after 01.01.2012Legal comments on the possibility for acquiring of land by foreign citizens following expiration of the 5-years period of prohibition
- Certificate of Feasible Function under Local Regulation of DKI Jakarta Number 7 of 2010 on Building - IndonesiaBuilding utilization is an activity of utilizing a building in accordance with the functions which is specified in the building construction license including maintenance, and periodic inspections activity. Building utilization can only be performed after the owner of the building obtains Certificate of Feasible Function.
- Governor Regulation of DKI Jakarta Number 38 of 2012 on Green Building - IndonesiaLocal Government of DKI Jakarta has issued the Governor Regulation of DKI Jakarta Number 38 of 2012 on Green Building (“Governor Regulation No.38/2012“) the regulation regulates the implementation of the concept of energy efficiency and environmentally buildings. Green building means a building that is responsible against environment and resource efficiency since the planning, construction, utilization, maintenance, until deconstruction (Article 1 number 11 of Governor Regulation No.38/2012).
- Compensating for Lost Property in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC)The aftermath of the 1974 occupation by Turkey of the northern part of Cyprus and subsequent division of the island is still keenly felt by citizens of both the Republic of Cyprus in the south and the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) in the North.
- The Breaking, Separation, and Merging of Land - IndonesiaBackground - The regulation on breaking, separation, and merging of land is contained in the Government Regulation Number 24 of 1997 on Land Registration (“GR No. 24/1997“) and the Agrarian State Minister Regulation/Head of National Land Agency Number 3 of 1997 on the Implementation of Government Regulation Number 24 of 1997 on Land Registration (“Agrarian State Minister Regulation No. 3/1997“).
- Summary of the Local Regulation of DKI Jakarta Number 7 of 2010 on BuildingBackground - The Province of DKI Jakarta is the one of the biggest city in Indonesia. As the capital city of Indonesia, DKI Jakarta provides various kinds of service to the public. One of its services is related with building development licenses. Along with the times, the Indonesia Government has set out regulation on Building, namely Law Number 28 of 2002 on Building ("Law No. 28/2002").
- Legal Aspect of the Grant of Right to Build or Right of Use Over the Right of Ownership Land - IndonesiaUnder Article 35 paragraph (1) of Law Number 5 of 1960 on the Principle Provisions of Agrarian (“Agrarian Law”), it is stated as follows: “Right to Build is right to establish and to have buildings over land that is not his own, with a maximum period of 30 years.”
- The Legal Status of Parking Space under Condominium Law - IndonesiaCondominium is a multilevel building which is built in an area that is divided into sections which are structured functionally, whether horizontally or vertically that constitutes as units in which each can be owned and used separately, mainly for housing complemented with common equipment (bagian bersama), common facility (benda bersama) and common land (tanah bersama). Condominium is regulated in the Law Number 20 of 2011 on Condominium (“Law No. 20/2011”).
- Summary of Minister of Public Housing Regulation Number 06/PERMEN/M/2009 - IndonesiaBackground - The purpose of the issuance of Regulation No. 6 is to implement the provisions of Article 7 paragraph (2) and paragraph (3) of Presidential Regulation of the Republic Indonesia Number 27 of 2009 on One Stop Integrated Services.
- All Real Estate Law Articles
Articles written by attorneys and experts worldwide discussing legal aspects related to Real Estate including: construction law, eminent domain, foreclosure, homeowners association, land use and zoning, landlord and tenant law, property law, property management.