Post Your Listing in Additional Cities (US Only)
Only $50/Year, Per City
Add Your Premium Listing to City Directories Where You Provide Services, but Do Not Have an Office
For $50/year, per city, your Premium Listing will appear in all geographical areas for which you provide service, even if you do not have an office in all the referenced locations.
- The feature "Additional Cities" is for Premium Listings only.
- Price: $50/year, per city, prorated to the expiration date of your Premium Listing.
- City Selection: Any city within the state of your main office (option not available outside the US).
- Number of Cities: Unlimited number of additional cities for your Premium Listing!
- Posting: For any additional city you have purchased, your Premium Listing will appear above all the free Basic Listings, but below the Premium Listings that have a paid office in the additional city you have purchased.
- Listings for Additional Cities appear in order of subscription.
- You may not purchase the Top Position of a City Directory or any Top of Practice Area Directory Positions for an additional city.
- Only your main office listing will be posted in the directories of the additional cities you purchase, even if you have an office in a city closer to the additional city you have purchased.
Premium Listings are posted in the directories of the city of your main office (and a secondary office, if applicable). Many times, however, lawyers serve a wider area than this.
The "Additional Cities" feature allows you to post your Premium Listing in directories of cities where you do not have an office. This feature applies to each of the areas of practice you've selected in your main office listing.
- Example: your office is in Wheaton, Illinois, but you also serve the cities of Yorkville, Geneva, and St. Charles. By purchasing these 3 additional cities, your Premium Listing will appear in the directories of each of these cities and in the directories of every area of practice you selected for each of these cities.
You may select any city in the state where your main office is located. You may not purchase additional cities in any other state, however, even if you have additional offices in other states.
The number of additional cities you may purchase is unlimited.
Premium Listings for Additional Offices
The Additional Cities feature allows you to post your main office listing in directories of cities where you do not have an office. However, if your firm has multiple offices in various cities and/or states, you might benefit from purchasing additional Premium office listings. For an overview, please visit How to Add Additional Offices to Your Premium Listing.
- Check how many law firms are listed for your area(s) of practice in the additional cities directories. If there are many law firms for your area of practice, you might want to reconsider your choice. If there are few law firms listed, this might be a great place to list.
The price to post your main office Premium Listing in the directories of additional cities is $50/year, per city, prorated to your Premium Listing expiration date. For example, if your Premium Listing expires in 2 months, you will pay $8.33 per additional city and the additional city option will expire at the same time as your Premium Listing.
- Your Premium Listing will appear in the additional city directories upon payment.
- Additional cities are available for online purchases only (no check or wire payments accepted).
- The Additional Cities feature is only available in the US.
- The main office of your firm must be in the US.
- Prorated pricing to the expiration date of your Premium Listing is calculated at purchase.
- After generating an invoice, you will have up to 3 days to remit payment. If your invoice is not paid within this timeframe, the order will be canceled.
- Upon payment, you will receive an email from your credit card and a second email from HG.org confirming your purchase, with a copy of your paid invoice as an attachment.
- HG.org does not offer a payment plan for additional cities.
Expiration and Renewal
When your Premium Listing expires, so does your posting in the additional cities directories. When renewing your Premium Listing from your HG.org account, you can renew and/or purchase other additional cities from your HG.org account as well.
We will post your main office Premium Listing in the directories of the additional cities you purchased even if any of your other offices are located closer to the additional city that you have purchased.
In the directories, your listing will show "Serving in 'name of city you purchased'" instead of the city of your main office address. And when a prospective client clicks on your name in the directory, he/she will be directed to the Premium Listing of your main office.
In Which Directories Will Your Listing Appear:
Your listing will appear in the directories of the additional cities you purchased for each area of practice you selected in your main office listing.
The Position of Your Listing in the Directories:
- Above the free Basic Listings.
- Below the Premium Listings of law firms with an office in the additional city you purchased.
- In the order of subscription or renewal; when you purchase an additional city, your listing will appear at the top of the list for additional cities and as other firms subscribe or renew they will take that position and your listing will gradually move down the list until your next renewal.
- If Law Firm A has an office in Coral Gables, FL, it's listing will appear in the Coral Gables directory. If Law Firm B purchases Coral Gables as an additional city, B's listing will appear below A's Premium Listing and the listings of the other Premium subscribers with an office in Coral Gables, but above all Basic Listings. Therefore, it is in your best interest to check the number of lawyers already listed with a Premium Listing in the directory of a city for each of your practice areas before purchasing that additional city.
- If you select a city where there are no other Premium Listings, your Premium Listing will be posted above any free Basic Listings, even if they have an office in the additional city you purchased. Purchasing an additional city with few to no Premium Listings will give you a competitive edge compared to large cities where many lawyers advertise.
Example for Ankin Law Office (whose main office is in Chicago, IL) in the Waukegan, IL directory.
- You may not purchase Additional Cities for a secondary/additional office, even if your secondary/additional office is closer to the additional city.
- You may not purchase any Top Positions for an additional city.
To order Additional Cities, you must have a Premium Listing which shows that your main office is in that city's state.
You may purchase an unlimited number of additional cities.
To order and pay for Additional Cities, please Log in to your account and click on the "Order Additional Cities" link at the bottom of your screen. You may also renew Additional Cities this way. For more information on ordering, please visit How to Order Additional Cities.
HG.org screens all listing applicants for validity and reserves the right to refuse to post your listing or to remove your listing, at our discretion, if you do not adhere to our editorial guidelines and terms and conditions, or should we determine your law practice is not legitimate or misrepresents its business, services, locations, lawyers’ bio, etc. in any manner. By submitting a listing to HG.org, you confirm that you are authorizing HG.org to publish your information and that you own the copyright of the text, logos and pictures posted on HG.org and on your own website.