Can I Get Paid for My Medical Bills and Pain and Suffering after a Car Accident?

Website By Lem Garcia Law, California
Firm's Profile & Articles Law Firm's Profile & Articles
Phone Call (626) 337-1111Free ConsultationFree Consultation
Law Firm in West Covina: Lem Garcia Law
If you've been involved in a car accident that was not your fault, you deserve to get compensated not only for the damage to your car, but for your bodily injury. Compensation for your bodily injury includes, but is not limited to the following:

- Medical bills,
- Pain and suffering,
- Emotional distress,
- Lost wages,
- Loss of consortium,
- Loss of enjoyment, and
- Punitive damages (in some cases).

Medical Bills

After a crash, there is a good chance that you will have medical bills. Even if you have health insurance, you should still get compensated from the other party's insurance company for your
medical bills. In the event of a recovery from a third party, your health insurance carrier will most likely demand reimbursement for what they paid for your medical treatment.

If you don't have health insurance and refuse to get medical treatment because of the fear of mounting medical bills, it is important that you speak to an attorney as soon as possible. An attorney may be able to help you get medical treatment on a lien basis, which means that you can get medical treatment now and pay later. While you are ultimately financially responsible for the treatment you received on a lien, it is very important for your health that you seek medical treatment early and on a consistent basis.

It is also important to keep in mind that you may not be able to recover anything for pain and suffering if you don't have any medical records indicating that you were injured and were concerned enough to see a doctor about your health.

Pain and Suffering

If you've been injured in a collision you deserve to get paid for your pain and suffering for your injuries. Placing a dollar amount on pain and suffering is typically difficult and is often a hotly debated issue with the insurance company of the person who caused your injuries. To get the most for your pain and suffering it is important to have an attorney represent you. An attorney will be able to help prove your injuries and threaten the insurance company with a lawsuit if they refuse to treat you fairly.

If you want to recover as much as possible for your medical bills and pain and suffering, it is important that you have a qualified attorney that you trust help you. If you handle your case on your own, you will be up against a for-profit insurance company who is very experienced and has a long track record of treating injured victims unfairly.

West Covina car accident law office, Lem Garcia Law, was opened to give people who were injured in a car accident a place to turn when they need help the most. I am a lifelong resident of West Covina and my goal is to help the area as much as I can. I am the youngest of three boys and the son of an engineer and hairstylist. I went to public schools in West Covina and went to college at Cal Poly Pomona. I went to law school in Western State University College of Law. I believe that by helping injured victims, I am making a difference in their lives.

Copyright Lem Garcia Law - Google+
More information from Lem Garcia Law

Disclaimer: While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of this publication, it is not intended to provide legal advice as individual situations will differ and should be discussed with an expert and/or lawyer. For specific technical or legal advice on the information provided and related topics, please contact the author.

Find a Lawyer

Find a Local Lawyer