Expungements and Sentence Reductions CA

Lawyers Guide

Convicted of a crime in California that you didn’t commit, or receive a felony sentence rather than a misdemeanor? Learn how to petition for factual innocence and the steps necessary to get an expungement.

  • ContentCriminal Conviction Appeals in California: What You Need to Know Before Filing Your Appeal

    Appeals are available when conviction occurs, but these are not always effective and may even lead to further disappointment if they fail. However, appealing in a California criminal law case is necessary for many that face severe penalties and prison or jail terms on top of extensive fines.

    Read more
  • ContentExpungements in California Criminal Cases

    For the individual with criminal convictions in the state of California, he or she can pursue an expungement to clean the criminal record and past from future problems while living in the state. These expungements usually require certain conditions met and provisions that can cause difficulty to the person with a conviction.

    Read more
  • ContentPetitions for Factual Innocence with California Criminal Law

    Many individuals can face charges and arrests for crimes they did not commit, and it is a petition for factual innocence that can support this event for citizens in California. When police officers in the state attempt to increase arrests and try to reduce crime in various cities in the state, some innocents are caught in the crossfire.

    Read more
  • ContentReducing Felonies to Misdemeanors in California

    The consequences of a felony conviction are severe. An experienced criminal defense lawyer may be able to get a felony charge reduced to a misdemeanor. A reduction in the criminal charge may offer the convicted defendant a decrease the penalties, fees, jail or prison terms and other negative impacts.

    Read more
  • ContentAm I Eligible for an Expungement under Penal Code 1203.4 in California?

    Convicted of a crime? Expunge your conviction under Penal Code § 1203.4. If granted in court, after your conviction is expunged it will allow you to reopen your case and set aside the conviction. Such convictions are either misdemeanor or certain types of felonies.

    Read more
  • ContentIf You Failed to Appear in Court, This Is How to Clear A Bench Warrant

    Mistakes, miscommunications, and accidents happen that may prevent you from getting to court on your appointed date. You may have forgotten about your court date, gotten sick, or thought your appearance was not necessary. Maybe the court does not have your new mailing address because you moved or a clerk made a mistake, so you did not receive notice of your court date. You might not have even known charges were pending against you. All of these may have prevented you from remembering a traffic violation, minor infraction, or community service, for which you needed to appear in court. Unlike more serious charges, like misdemeanors and felonies, the minor violations may have slipped your mind. The consequences for failing to appear, however, are not minor.

    Read more
Find a Lawyer