Food and Beverages Law

What Are Food and Beverage Laws?

Food and Beverage Laws pertain to the laws of safety and distribution for the food and beverage industry. While this area of the law obviously has heavy concentration on food safety and distribution, it is also subject to laws such as the Nutrition Labeling and Education Act of 1990 (NLEA) and the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010 (FSMA).

Similarly, a wide array of regulatory agencies monitor the compliance of businesses in the food and beverage industry. These include the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and a myriad of state agencies. There are also a wide array of state and local laws that have an impact on the industry

The primary areas of concern for the food and beverage industry, as pertains to the law, are product safety claims, accurate labeling and advertising, and food import regulations. Other practice areas that often cross over with food and beverage law include contract, business laws, distribution networks, agricultural laws, personal injury, international trade laws, and many others.

For more information about food and beverage laws, please refer to the materials provided below. You can also get information about your particular food and beverage law questions by contacting an attorney you found on our website at the Law Firms page.


Know Your Rights!

Articles on Related to Food and Beverages Law

  • All Business and Industry Law Articles

    Articles written by attorneys and experts worldwide discussing legal aspects related to Business and Industry including: agency and distributorship, agency law, business and industry, business formation, business law, commercial law, contracts, corporate governance, corporate law, e-commerce, food and beverages law, franchising, industrial and manufacturing, joint ventures, legal economics, marketing law, mergers and acquisitions, offshore services, privatization law, retail, shareholders rights and utilities.

Find a Lawyer