Burglary Law Articles
Legal articles about Burglary
written by lawyers to help you understand your rights
Burglary - Recent Legal Articles
- Weapon Carried but Not Used During the Commission of a Crime – Does It Affect Sentencing?
Some weapons charges incur greater penalties when the person has a weapon but does not use it, but other charges and consequences affect the... By HG.org
- Juveniles and Felony Charges
Juveniles generally will start with charges in the juvenile courts facing a judge that may determine the matter is no longer an issue for this... By HG.org
- Juvenile Detention Centers - Do Full Defendant Rights Apply?
No matter what the juvenile does that leads to a possible arrest or a conviction, he or she may have a different experience in the criminal... By HG.org
- Juveniles and Miranda Rights
Juveniles affected by arrests for potential connection or involvement in crimes may still proceed through the situation with the same rights as... By HG.org
- Police Use of Homeowner's Property for Surveillance of Neighbors
Private surveillance cameras on the outside of the property may capture any number of crimes in progress, and the local law enforcement agency... By HG.org
- Robbery Conviction and Possible Consequences
Robbery is often a serious crime because the intent is to steal from someone in a forcible manner such as at the point of a gun or with another... By HG.org
- Burglary - What Are the Elements
The theft crime of burglary generally involves certain elements that separate it from other theft crimes such as larceny, petty theft and... By HG.org
- Robbery, Larceny or Burglary - What Are the Differences?
Different crimes of theft lead to various types of penalties against the person convicted of the crime and knowing the difference is important... By HG.org
- Theft vs. Robbery vs. Burglary
The differences in theft, robbery and burglary are often small and easy to confuse by the average person, but to law enforcement, this could... By HG.org
- Theft Is No Minor Crime in Indiana
You may think that being arrested for theft will result in just a slap on the wrist. Criminal laws vary in each state and what penalties a... By McNeely Stephenson
- The Golden State Killer and the DNA that Located Him
The East Area Rapist terrorized California in the 1970s and 80s. He was responsible for over 50 rapes, a dozen murders, and more than 100... By Hebets & McCallin
- Vandalism and Penalties in Minnesota
There are several types of vandalism possible, and the penalties that the person may face are of greater or lesser degree based on the... By HG.org
- Burglary in New Jersey: The Crime and the Punishment
Individuals who are facing burglary charges in New Jersey should have a firm understanding of what this crime entails and the potential... By HG.org
- Defending Burglary, Robbery and Theft Related Charges in Philadelphia
Burglary, robbery, and theft-related charges in Philadelphia and throughout Pennsylvania carry serious consequences which will affect your life... By Wimmer Criminal Defense Law
- Penalties and Consequences of a Burglary Conviction
Burglary is a serious crime that is often attached to other charges such as assault, battery, assault with a deadly weapon and similar issues.... By HG.org
- Types of Structures that Can Be Burglarized
There are a variety of locations that are more vulnerable to burglary attacks, and it is important to know which types of force and building may... By HG.org
- How Prosecutors Prove the Value of Property Involved in Burglary and Theft Charges
When confronted with a case of burglary and theft, a prosecutor needs to prove beyond a shadow of a reasonable doubt that the accused individual... By HG.org
- What Is Commercial Burglary and What Defenses Might Apply?
Commercial burglary is defined as the act or intent of entering some type of commercial property that may include a store, office or similar... By HG.org
- Will Police Spy on You Through Your Phone?
Recently, the Supreme Court agreed to review a case out of the US 6th Circuit Court of Appeals that addresses Fourth Amendment rights and cell... By Hebets & McCallin
- What Elements Must Be Proven to Secure a Burglary Conviction?
The unlawful entry into a property with the intention of committing a crime is usually considered burglary. There are certain elements that must... By HG.org
- Criminal Charges for Possession of Burglary Tools
Burglary tools are any pieces of equipment or devices that may be used to commit the crime of burglary. These items are typically grouped... By HG.org
- Burglary, Robbery, Shoplifting and Other Property Theft Crimes
There are many different types of theft crimes. It is important to know which of these has been committed so that a prosecutor does not face the... By HG.org
- Defenses to Charges of Burglary
Defending against charges of burglary is important due to the seriousness of the crime, the possible consequences and the sentencing of the... By HG.org
- Key Differences between Robbery and Burglary
The key differences with robbery and burglary could determine sentencing that is light or heavy, fines that may be minor or excessive and other... By HG.org
- Burglary: Beyond Breaking and Entering
Burglary is known as an activity where someone illegally enters some structure, home or building with the intent to commit a crime such as... By HG.org
- Defining Burglary in Florida and How to Defend Against Criminal Charges
Burglary charges in Florida are very serious in nature. A conviction can easily spell years behind bars for a convicted defendant. Knowing the... By Joffe Law, PA
- What Type of Force Can Be Used to Defend Yourself from Criminal Activity in Florida?
Florida law provides protection to people who use force to defend themselves from criminal activity, but how much force is permitted, and at... By Funk, Szachacz & Diamond
- Arlington Criminal Defense Attorneys Are Not Created Equal - Differences Between a Good & Poor Choice
Regardless of the crime you have been accused of, it's important to your freedom, career, and reputation to choose a capable criminal defense... By Tuomey Law Firm, PLLC
- What Does the Prosecution Have to Prove When You’ve Been Charged with Armed Robbery?
Armed robbery is a type of violent crime that can have serious repercussions. If you are charged with armed robbery or another type of violent... By William S. Kroger, Attorney At Law
- When Is it Time to Consult with a Criminal Defense Attorney?
Many people aren't certain when it's time to speak with a Fairfax criminal defense attorney. Perhaps you have been questioned by police... By Tuomey Law Firm, PLLC
- Florida Sentencing Enhancements: 10-20-Life
This article provides a general overview of Florida's 10-20-Life statute. 10-20-Life operates to enhance the penalties of those offenders to who... By The Kilfin Law Firm, PC
- Florida Sentencing Enhancements Pt. 3: Three Time Violent Felony Offenders & Violent Career Criminals
This article is the third installment in our Florida Sentencing Enhancements series and presents an overview of the Three Time Violent Felony... By The Kilfin Law Firm, PC
- Charged with Burglary in Virginia?
Congratulations, you've been initiated into the criminal justice system and you need a good Alexandria criminal defense attorney to represent... By Tuomey Law Firm, PLLC
- Burglary Offenses in the Tampa Bay Area
Simply put, burglary involves entering a house, structure, business, or vehicle without the consent of the owner and with the intent to commit a... By The Kilfin Law Firm, PC
- Florida Sentencing Enhancements Pt. 1: Prison Releasee Re-Offenders
Florida has some harsh recidivist sentencing statutes, the most draconian of which is the PRR statute. This article outlines the circumstances... By The Kilfin Law Firm, PC
- What Are the Laws Against Looting?
After a natural catastrophe, riots, terrorist attack, or other devastating event, it is not uncommon for some members of society to take to the... By HG.org
- When Law Enforcement Cannot Solve It, Private Recovery Agency Tracks Stolen Art
What happens when famous pieces of art are stolen and law enforcement leads run dry? Private recovery agencies are called upon to bring back... By HG.org
- The Rise of Auto Theft in Denver
It may surprise you to learn that a person living in Colorado is twice as likely to have their car stolen as a person living in New York City.... By Cantafio Feldmann Nagel Margulis
- Burglary Charges under California Penal Code 459
California Penal Code 459 discusses burglaries and proscribes which type of activity may result in a conviction for first or second degree... By HG.org
- Burglary Charges Are Prosecuted as a Felony
Regardless of how minor breaking and entering might have been at the time, it is prosecuted as a felony in North Carolina. If you are under... By Hopper, Hopper & Mulligan, PLLC
- Help for Those Charged with Property Crimes in Atlanta
Every day, people are charged with property crimes in Atlanta. Burglary is a type of property crime. When somebody enters someone else's... By The Margolis Legal Group, Inc
- Important Distinctions Between Types of Theft
The difference between robbery, burglary and theft seems slight, but when it comes to your criminal record, has some very important... By Rosenthal & Wadas, PLLC
- Florida’s Five-Finger Discount Policies
Florida is a popular retreat destination for honeymooners, families, college students and aspiring thieves. By The Law Office of Corey I. Cohen
- Criminal Defense in Illinois
For those who have never before faced criminal charges, an arrest can be a frightening experience. The stress and anxiety of an arrest may cause... By Franks & Rechenberg, PC
- DWI: The Wizard, the Oracle and the Intoxilyzer Source Code
In 2008, challenges to the DWI laws are louting. Now more than ever, there a re viable defenses to basic substance of DWI law. With regard to... By Maury D. Beaulier, Attorney at Law
- DWI Laws: Do they violate the Constitution's Protections Against Unreasonable Search and Seizure?
Can you be compelled to provide a sample of blood breath or urine for testing or rbe charged with a crime for a refusal? Why are the DWI laws... By Maury D. Beaulier, Attorney at Law
- Drug Charges and Their Defense
Drug offenses come in many varieties with one common factor, the penalties for a conviction are severe and may result in lengthy prison... By Maury D. Beaulier, Attorney at Law